So who is going to buy the Theatrical Version of the Star Wars Trilogy tomorrow

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Will you be buying the Star Wars Trilogy

• Yes, will be pick them up

Votes: 41 48.8%
  • It depends on the price of them

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • No, I just cant justify buying another copy of the Trilogy

Votes: 32 38.1%
  • No, I like the special edition better anyway

Votes: 7 8.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
BTW, who else wants a release of the theatrical Ep. I? I HATE the added podracer intros, the lap 2 sequence, and the landing platform scene.

Ep. II is largely unchanged (Jango's jetpack comes to mind), and I believe Ep. III is exactly the same. Ep. I really bothers me, though. About the only thing I want changed there is a CG Yoda in place of puppet Yoda.

elwood49 said:
BTW, who else wants a release of the theatrical Ep. I? I HATE the added podracer intros, the lap 2 sequence, and the landing platform scene.

Ep. II is largely unchanged (Jango's jetpack comes to mind), and I believe Ep. III is exactly the same. Ep. I really bothers me, though. About the only thing I want changed there is a CG Yoda in place of puppet Yoda.

CG Yoda is coming next year.

And I really like the additional podrace lap 2, but indifferent to the intros (mainly because the CG looks so bad).

The landing platform scene... I also really dig.

Yeah, get the CG Yoda in there!! That puppet sucks. I would like it if they added more scenes with Maul in it.

Yeah, I prefer the theatrical cut of Ep1 as well.

As for Yoda, you have to love the 1999 "Stoner Yoda"! Funny how the puppet looked SOOOO much better from 1979 compared to the horrible '99.

LOL

yoda%20on%20weed.jpg

It just goes to show you that special effects took 10 steps forwards in some areas and 15 steps behind in others.

JustinLuck said:
How many else wish that Maul had more of a personality?

I think he had a great personality... and I mean by his lack of showing it. Makes him more mysterious, more frightening, and definitely more deadly because we don't know what makes him tick. Soft spoken, yet obedient. I liked that aspect of him.

Would I want to see more of him? Hell yes! But I think he had a great presence. Always thinking, but you don't know what about.

Even in his fight with Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan, he walks around... smirking. He's got more personality than a lot of the characters we've seen in the prequels.

Yes, but I thought he should have more dialog and have the presence like Vader did in the OT.

pixletwin said:
No. He dies. Not perfect at all. I would have liked to see Maul last the entire trilogy. Maul > Dooku IMO. :D

Ya, maybe then I would have actually enjoyed Ep2 and Ep3.

:)

Gruson said:
Ya, maybe then I would have actually enjoyed Ep2 and Ep3.

:)

Yah, the problem with the lightsaber battles in ep2 and ep3 were that... the ante wasn't really raised. In ep1 we got the double bladed lightsaber and that fight was RAD.

Then... we get just a small taste of Anakin with two sabers.... but what happened to the deleted scene of Dooku fighting with two as well? Plus the choreography of that fight was just uninteresting until Yoda shows up, and even that was too short.

Ep3 gave us the 4saber handling Grievous... but... his hands were lopped off in no time at all. Trained by count dooku? not very well!

Then the Yoda vs Palpatine was decent.

But it's all just filler until the Obi-Wan/Anakin duel... which was so fast and furious that I grew numb. There was no feeling in it... just a very well rehearsed battle.

Maul rules. It's great that he was actually able to handle his own fights. The other films weren't granted that luxury and it shows.

Back