Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace - 1/6th scale Darth Maul™ Collectible Figure (25th anniversary)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not sure what Kit Fisto has to do with TPM though.

9a0a790b-327b-4f3d-9b4e-146492288000-yoda-jedi-council.png

Wow! It looks much improved overall! I wonder if there's a version that won't include the speeder bike though? I really don't want that.

New heads, robe and outfit look much better now, at least as far as the proto goes. Love that they got rid of the etched lines to make the tattoos and it's all smooth like it's supposed to be. Hopefully the paint apps survive the production process.
These heads are going to be hard to come by, since everyone will want to just upgrade their 1.0

But at the cost for each head -- if you get both -- you might as well get the full set and sell off what you don't want.

Full disclosure: I have the DX Maul with Speeder, so all I need are those heads.
The heads are a definite improvement when you zoom in, but on my old neutral expression sculpts those etched lines are almost undetectable when holding it a foot away from my face. I literally had to use a magnifying glass for them to be as obvious as in HT's comparison shots. They're much more apparent on the angry sculpts. I could see picking up the new sculpts if the prices are right, but I wouldn't get into a bidding war for them.

p.s. - Still no indication if the heads are magnetic?

If they did drop the magnetic neck, then we'll need the body too.

Even if the new head is a plug design, it should sit on the magnetic neck about as stable as with a magnet.

If they did drop the magnetic neck, then we'll need the body too.

Even if the new head is a plug design, it should sit on the magnetic neck about as stable as with a magnet.
If the contour is the same inside the new heads (a big if) then one could glue in thin pieces of metal like what HT used inside the head of The Batman. I know this because one of them came out of mine due to HT's cheap glue and I had to super glue it back into place. Or maybe even swap in the DX16/17 metal pieces?

Imagine using a word like hate about some guy putting effort into sharing videos of figures as early as he can :elefant
Exactly. It always cracks me up people complaining about a figure review not being some tightly written and edited work of art, with the most perfect and soothing delivery. It's a freakin action figure review people. We're not discussing the Mona Lisa or Sistine Chapel here.

This figure is tempting. Sold v1 somewhat quickly, need to remember whether it was because my interest in the prequels is almost nil or if it was because of the somewhat lackluster sculpt.

Maul was certainly one of the best aspects of the whole PT for me. Killed off too soon, would have packed more of a punch if he hung around in the movies.

Does Sideshow declare full value when shipping to UK?
As a fellow UK based collector, there is absolutely no good reason for us to buy from Sideshow unless you just enjoy paying 30% more than is necessary to cover you in the rare instance that your figure will be defective.
Although, considering how often SSC seem to send out pre-owned figures as if they’re brand new, even that’s not worth it.

Unless you’re desperately after a sideshow exclusive item or Artisan piece, I advise you buy from OSK.

For Sideshow’s own figures- that tend not to be sold by the HK based stores- it’s best to PO from the U.K. at Comics & Cocktails or Collectibles Direct.
Imagine using a word like hate about some guy putting effort into sharing videos of figures as early as he can :elefant
I HATE when that happens…

Really wish they provided a smaller base for the standard version. He looks kinda ridiculous standing on that giant platform all by himself.
Agreed. This is why I bought the QuiGon display stand way back when he was originally parted out. This way I can have the look for the Dual of the Fates on a standard sized stand. Also have one of those sand toppers/stickers to use for the Tatooine look.

Last edited:
Back