Superman best statues?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the cinemaquette. For the last several years I have seen it at SDCC but i never knew where I could buy it, I thought it was a sold out private offering like the bruce lee they display with it. I really want to start building my DC collection but the museum statues DCD does are terrible.

That is an awesome display

The CM Superman is the best licensed Christopher Reeve Superman out there until Hot Toys shows them up with their 1/6. period.

Fixed. Honestly for the money the CM leaves me wanting and while its really good for a likeness of the actor, a ton of customs have hit it closer. As for Superman, it doesn't hit the classic feel that I have like the Jim Lee piece. Good thing about DCD though is that they'll churn out a new Superman statue every 6 months or so, maybe the "best" hasn't been done yet.

Oh and Luis, fantastically classy set up. I love it.

Just a word of advice. If you're going to quote somebody, as you have with Darknight above, at least have the respect to leave their original comment intact and not add, twist or deform it for your own purposes. It's generally considered rude and unnaceptable.

Other good statues:

WETA's Superman Returns statue:
20070301-SupermanCollectible400pxl.jpg

DC Direct with rotating daily planet:
41ehHAWqhTL.jpg

and I have to agree with Mike. While the Cinemaquette statue is great, I have a feeling that Hot Toys will put it to shame in 1/6.

I'd like to see DCD come out with a new improved Superman 1/4 Museum. They've come along nicely with the Museum pieces, since they started with that awful rendition of Supes.

Just a word of advice. If you're going to quote somebody, as you have with Darknight above, at least have the respect to leave their original comment intact and not add, twist or deform it for your own purposes. It's generally considered rude and unnaceptable.

coolstorybrofx.jpg

the CM is not "perfect". THIS is perfect:
superman-1.jpg

and this one is not too shabby either:
lee_batman_fs14_005.jpg

too bad both are commissions.

superman-1.jpg

and this one is not too shabby either:
lee_batman_fs14_005.jpg

:drool:drool:drool:drool:banana:banana

wow wow wow wow wow wow wow

i want i want i want i want i want!!!!!!!!!!!

i have never seen those before!!!!!! perfect!!!!!!!!

i want them!!!!!!!

superman-1.jpg

I just got mine on here about a month ago for a sweet deal and trust me it looks even more amazing in person, although I do lack the sweet set up as shown in this pic :monkey3

That Alex Ross Superman is really nice, although it's too bad the cape isn't attached more seamlessly.
Nevertheless, some great statues, congrats!

I love the Alex Ross Superman & Lee/Kubert Batman. I think the looked the artist was going for was Jim Lee but the head shape and ears, eye position looks more like the Kubert design IMHO especially the Batsymbol.

batman-and-son.jpg

Lee's Symbol is a little larger usually:

144-batman-jim-lee.jpg

Why can customizers give us perfect 3D examples in museum style poses yet the mainstream companies cannot come close?

Back