The Bridge Direct's The Hobbit Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
glennspics136.jpg

glennspics134.jpg

glennspics132.jpg

Finally got to upload some pics...

glennspics157.jpg

I didn't know Tauriel's arrows could come out of the quiver. Mine are glued in, so I just assumed they were meant to stay. It is pretty cool that each arrow is a seperate piece.

Wait, were those the pic comparisons of the 6" line to the LOTR ones? If so, Tauriel is completely under scale.

Wait, were those the pic comparisons of the 6" line to the LOTR ones? If so, Tauriel is completely under scale.

Yeah...that scale is WAY OFF...if they are claiming the 'Collector Series' are 6-inch scale...then they are grossly mistaken somewhere.

Sad...to say the least...that these don't even closely compare to the original Toybiz figures.

yes the scale is out unfortunately..and it is noticeable with the new legolas and tauriel figures.nothing will ever beat the toy biz ones..especially the figures from.2 towers onwards..more detailing and scale needed for this line otherwise it is good for what they are...the hobbit figures.not toybiz lotr...i can hope they will branch into those films eventually.

I think too many people expected this line to somehow match perfectly with the LOTR line. Like somehow BD went into a time-machine and got ahold of Toy Biz and they collaborated on these.

Sometimes it sounds like the Star Wars OT people who think if it's not Vintage, it's crap. These were never meant to carry-on the LOTR line. And as the first real 4" and 6" action figure line that this company has ever tried, I'd say they did a really good job. Yea, they're no Toy Biz yet, but give them time.

I'm watching this line with great interest.

I think too many people expected this line to somehow match perfectly with the LOTR line. Like somehow BD went into a time-machine and got ahold of Toy Biz and they collaborated on these.

Sometimes it sounds like the Star Wars OT people who think if it's not Vintage, it's crap. These were never meant to carry-on the LOTR line. And as the first real 4" and 6" action figure line that this company has ever tried, I'd say they did a really good job. Yea, they're no Toy Biz yet, but give them time.

I'm watching this line with great interest.

Actually...a couple of the ORIGINAL Toybiz developers now work within Bridge Direct (unless I mistakenly read some of the press release info on this line). So...some of the expectations are completely justified...I think. If they had some of the Toybiz team within the development structure of BD, you'd at least assume that they would have kept scale on par with previous releases.

And...you are right...they are NOT continuing the LOTR line...but I think many folks would welcome the LOTR line in 4-inch scale...

Actually...a couple of the ORIGINAL Toybiz developers now work within Bridge Direct (unless I mistakenly read some of the press release info on this line). So...some of the expectations are completely justified...I think. If they had some of the Toybiz team within the development structure of BD, you'd at least assume that they would have kept scale on par with previous releases.

Even if the whole design team is the same, they're still limited by all kinds of factors - license issues, production costs, management team, etc. The world is not the same as it was ten years ago and neither are our toys. I mean, realistically, I can't think of a single toy line that was out ten years ago that another company tried to copy, imitate, or otherwise coincide with today.

Sorry to say, the the initial offerings are far less detailed than the Toy Biz line. The 1st figures I see at TRU are bland, were Toy Biz would have maximized details in weapons, face, hair, beards etc.

I was not at all blown away as I was with Toy Biz. Hope this figures get better.

Even if the whole design team is the same, they're still limited by all kinds of factors - license issues, production costs, management team, etc. The world is not the same as it was ten years ago and neither are our toys. I mean, realistically, I can't think of a single toy line that was out ten years ago that another company tried to copy, imitate, or otherwise coincide with today.

Actually, there is one company that rose above the lot, and pwned everybody else. Even Sideshow had to yield to their vastly superior releases and partner with them: Hot Toys.

Can you imagine Hot Toys making figures from The Hobbit? I would be collecting that like fly on rice!

Actually, there is one company that rose above the lot, and pwned everybody else. Even Sideshow had to yield to their vastly superior releases and partner with them: Hot Toys.

Can you imagine Hot Toys making figures from The Hobbit? I would be collecting that like fly on rice!

I was just talking about the toy industry. High-end 1:6 scale figures are a whole other market... as my wallet found out a few years back.

I know HT helped SSC work on the Frodo and Sam bodies for the 1:6 LOTR figures and HT currently has an agreement to work on the Star Wars license thru SSC, so maybe anything is possible.

Don't count on it and honestly I don't want it. Seriously we don't need the annoying HT fans in this section. It could end up being as bad as the SW or Marvel. :lol

Last edited:
Wow...I would welcome the chance to own anything Hot Toys delivers from Middle Earth. Can you imagine a Gandalf the Grey in Hot Toys detail? Would it be like $300...yes...would it rock...hellz to the yeah!

I would love to see some HT Middle-earth stuff :love, as they produce the best of what they do :rock...hands down :clap.
But it will never happen :(, but even if it did, I wouldn't expect them to produce very much. :(

However, anything produced by HT in the Middle-earth licence, would be a must-have IMHO. :rock

:duff
Bill

I'm sure it would look good but price would be as much as the statues from Sideshow and from Weta. So that's a negative and they have some fairly annoying fans.

Back