The Bridge Direct's The Hobbit Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like what Bridge Direct is offering the fans by way of these nice The Hobbit figures. While I'm generally satisfied, I hope the future figures to be released would have some nice elaborate bases with electronic sound or even the figure themselves being electronic with phrases from the movies. Just like those cool ones from ToyBiz back then. One good example is the first Frodo from ToyBiz with Ringwraith reveal base. How cool was that!

1634.jpg

That's interesting as that 3.75" invisible bilbo figure isn't available here at all. I would assume it will be at somepoint.

That's interesting as that 3.75" invisible bilbo figure isn't available here at all. I would assume it will be at somepoint.

Maybe it's an Australian exclusive??? :lol Nah, yes I think it will be available elsewhere very soon. I haven't seen here the Goblin King + Thorin yet, so I hope it will appear soon. :wink1:

I'm also interested in that Invisible Bilbo 4" figure. Was it only available at TRU in Australia?

I'm also interested in that Invisible Bilbo 4" figure. Was it only available at TRU in Australia?

Hi Red Metal. I got that from TRU here in Sydney. I'm not sure though if it's available only in Australia, highly unlikely. Maybe it hasn't been released yet in the US. So probably very soon.

Hi Red Metal. I got that from TRU here in Sydney. I'm not sure though if it's available only in Australia, highly unlikely. Maybe it hasn't been released yet in the US. So probably very soon.

Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know if the back of the card on the Invisible Bilbo references or previews any other figures that we don't know about?

Seems really strange that we have a UK Yazneg and now an Australian Invisble Bilbo, all seemingly from wave one. I mean, they could both be part of wave two, but maybe as a slight revision case.

Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know if the back of the card on the Invisible Bilbo references or previews any other figures that we don't know about?

Seems really strange that we have a UK Yazneg and now an Australian Invisble Bilbo, all seemingly from wave one. I mean, they could both be part of wave two, but maybe as a slight revision case.

Just checked the back of the card of the invisible Bilbo and it doesn't have any characters that we still don't know about. They could probably be part of wave 2, but it's strange to think that releases aren't the same worldwide.

Just checked the back of the card of the invisible Bilbo and it doesn't have any characters that we still don't know about. They could probably be part of wave 2, but it's strange to think that releases aren't the same worldwide.

Thanks for the help, man.

Invisible Bilbo was an SDCC 2012 EXCLUSIVE, but was later offered through both Amazon and TRU online stores. Some Brick-and-Mortar TRU stores also got shipments of this figure.

Invisible Bilbo was an SDCC 2012 EXCLUSIVE, but was later offered through both Amazon and TRU online stores. Some Brick-and-Mortar TRU stores also got shipments of this figure.

Right, that's for the 6" figure. Apparently, in Australia, there's a 4" Invisible Bilbo on card.

Geb, you think the quality of these Bridge Direct is comparable to Toybiz LOTR line?

wow..invisable bilbo at tru....i didnt hang around tor my local to put them out...looks like i will be making a phone call tomoz.

Geb, you think the quality of these Bridge Direct is comparable to Toybiz LOTR line?

That depends...on which Toybiz figures you are comparing to. In the beginning, the Toybiz figures left a lot to be desired with respect to paint apps, sculpts, articulation, etc. But as the line progressed, we got some absolutely fantastic figures with excellent articulation and great likenesses.

Alas, I have not bought ANY of these figures, but did see them at FYE the other day. Based on simply looking through the plastic, it appears that the sculpt and paint work are pretty well on par with the later Toybiz stuff...but these new figures appear slightly SMALLER in scale.

As far as quality, tough to compare since I haven't picked any of these up. I get the impression that most folks like both 4" and 6" versions. Myself...I feel that price point will doom this line. It's not that they are charging too much for the figures (as compared to all other figures out there), it's just that in todays economic times, people just don't have $15-$20 to drop for a novelty toy when they are at the grocery store or mall anymore.

One thing to remember is that the price point on the single carded 4" figures is comparable to what Hasbro and Matty are charing for similiar figures. However, the price gets bette if you buy the two-packs or the five-pack. I mean, with other prices these days, the five-pack is a straight-up bargain.

One thing to remember is that the price point on the single carded 4" figures is comparable to what Hasbro and Matty are charing for similiar figures. However, the price gets bette if you buy the two-packs or the five-pack. I mean, with other prices these days, the five-pack is a straight-up bargain.

Completely agree...the prices are not any more or less what other companies are charging...but if you rewind the cloak like 5 years...the prices are significantly higher...

Alas, I have not bought ANY of these figures, but did see them at FYE the other day. Based on simply looking through the plastic, it appears that the sculpt and paint work are pretty well on par with the later Toybiz stuff...but these new figures appear slightly SMALLER in scale.

Ahh, and therein lies the rub. The scale appears smaller, so it's not as if they can be placed next to each other that easily.

Now that I've focused more on the statues, I'm debating if it's worth dabbling in the toys at this stage. I was hoping the 3.75" line was in scale with the LOTR Play Along line, but it doesn't seem to be the case.

What's unsure is if this new line will expand and improve (ie, start getting interesting).

i think once the movie hits we may see more interesting figures.i cant see just those 6 inch figures alone.im sure there will be a saruman..elrond and some villains and other dwarves eventually.

i think once the movie hits we may see more interesting figures.i cant see just those 6 inch figures alone.im sure there will be a saruman..elrond and some villains and other dwarves eventually.

Exactly. We're seeing alot of the same stuff from most companies producing Hobbit merchandise and I'm sure there's more to come, it's just PJ wants to keep some things secret still.

Back