The Bridge Direct's The Hobbit Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine have started to arrive. These are really really good figures. IMO some of the best action figures I've bought. I think long term the 3.75" line will be what I get.

I think most people hoped the Hobbit 6-inch line would be comparable to the ToyBiz one. Given that it's not really and given how deep the 4-inch line will go (we'll probably get all the Dwarves), I think the 4-inch line is going to be the better series overall and is probably the one I'll stick to the most.

About my only complaint with the 4-inch line is the current Bilbo figure - has a pretty crummy likeness. However, the 4-inch line does have a great Tauriel figure that's slightly better than the 6-inch version.

I think both lines will be pretty deep but I do think the 3.75" line will be the more affordable option. As I said I'm very impressed with the line so far.

Stopped at a TRU here in Columbia, Mo before the Mizzou game and found a Grinnah figure which I hadn't gotten yet online. Not a bad little figure at all.

Has anyone heard if they will pull the 6inch Legolas/Tauriel figures since they are not in the first movie?

There are rumors of it. Right now the 6-inch figures seem to be hard-to-find anyway, so if the rumor is true, it may not matter all that much to most anyway.

I still have yet to see any Hobbit stuff at Target, Walmart, or Freddies. Anyone have any idea when the Fall/Holiday resets are going to be? I thought they were usually around this time and surely stores will put out the Hobbit stuff then.

Yea i m in Iowa and we dont have anything anywhere, I got some from toysrus online but thats it.

Anybody know what the line up is for wave 2?

I would hope we'll at least get 1 to 2 6" waves per movie but I don't think we'll see more than that for 6". 4" could be really deep especially if they do the lotr too. I'm hoping they try out a lotr wave in between Hobbit movie releases to test the waters.

Anybody know what the line up is for wave 2?

I would hope we'll at least get 1 to 2 6" waves per movie but I don't think we'll see more than that for 6". 4" could be really deep especially if they do the lotr too. I'm hoping they try out a lotr wave in between Hobbit movie releases to test the waters.

I don't think we'll know till closer to the movie release. Wave two is supposed to hit around Jan '13 and then there's supposed to be a lull over the spring/summer. I don't know if this means wave three might bridge that gap (assuming there is one), but then by next fall, we'll see TDoS figures.

With the 6-inch line having such a slow start and being hard-to-find, I think the 4-inch line is going to pass them up.

There's rumors that BD has a LOTR license, that getting the Hobbit was a package deal, but there's also rumors that other LOTR characters might make cameos in the Hobbit, like Aragorn or Gimli. I'm hoping we at least get a Hobbit movie Elrond and Galadriel.

The thing with wave 2 is it will cover things they're not allowed to show I'm sure going into the first movie. If you look at what everyone is showing its almost all the same characters. So once the movie hits you'll see wave 2 type stuff from folks as the cat will be out of the bag.

As far as a lotr license it's totally possible as I'm sure they're connected license wise.

Hobbit Thorin, Grinnah and Goblin King review

I'm going for the Hobbity goodness this week, and I'll have at least two...maybe all three reviews on the new action figures. Tonight I'm looking at the single packed Grinnah the Goblin, as well as the deluxe set of Thorin and the Goblin King. You can find the review at the usual:

https://www.mwctoys.com

Thanks for reading!

Michael
MWC

Re: Hobbit Thorin, Grinnah and Goblin King review

Just one correction - you indicated that Grinnah is the only single carded figure you have to buy because the others appear in two-packs, but the two-pack Gandalf is "battle-damaged", while the single carded on is not. Basically, the single card is the only way to get a clean Gandalf.

Re: Hobbit Thorin, Grinnah and Goblin King review

As always I agree with some but not a lot on this on Mike. Just got Grinnah yesterday and IMO he looks great as does the Goblin King. I think once the movie comes out we'll see the paint apps match the movie.

Edit: I'm also going to merge this with the figure thread.

Josh, I'd appreciate it if you didn't - I don't put it in the thread for a reason. I'd like people to be able to see it for longer than a few minutes.

Are you sure the Gandalf I'm talking about - the one in the $20 pack with the larger Orc - is battle damaged? Sure didn't look like it on the pegs...

Mike - ill check with Dave see what he thinks.

Yeah, the Gandalf with Bolg has markings on it to signify battle damage where the regular does not. I've got both of these and can confirm he's correct.

For what it's worth, I'd rather see reviews in their respective threads, rather than created as new threads that bump other info off the LOTR front page. Granted, I know that individual threads help bring traffic to Michael Crawford's site, but everyone else posts their pics and reviews in the respective threads and we shouldn't try to post new threads just to illustrate our opinions on collectibles - otherwise how cluttered would this site get? :monkey1

For what its worth I wasn't trying to step on anyones toes. So I hope that is understood as I don't want Michael to quit posting reviews at all. :duff

red has a point josh.
tru in oz should have these this week or early nxt.will update if tauriel or legolas make it to our shores

I don't know why, but I am very pissed that these are not in the same scale as the Toy Biz LOTR figures. Deal breaker, urr, not sure until I see these in hand with the packaging. :mad:

Back