Upgrading SSC Hellboy, Abe Sapien, and Kroenen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cryoguns

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I wanted the HT figures but didn't have the spare cash for them. A couple months ago, I picked up a bunch of loose Hellboy parts from Drizzle. The SSC parts (along with quite a few HT hellboy bits) helped me to build these three!

Hellboy features a mix of HT and SS parts. His torso was the SS 'Big Boy' body included with Hellboy, but everything from the waist down and both arms were replaced with BBi limbs. I also grafted on a HT neckpost and sculpted a new neck on to him. I did keep the original Sideshow figure's tail, boots, belt & Samaritan, shirt and stand. I picked up several HT parts loose - the pants, coat, hands, and head. He turned out reasonbly well. The HT one is still nicer, but this one didn't cost near as much :D

hb2.jpg

hb1.jpg

hb3.jpg

Abe Sapien was actually the first of the three that I finished, even though Kroenen required less work. I kept the hands, heads, belt, boots and stand from the Sideshow figure. The body was replaced with a HT TT with modified forarms to accomodate Abe's hands. The dive suit isn't accurate, but I added it because I liked it a lot better than the original Sideshow suit.

abe2.jpg

abe1.jpg

And finally, Kroenen! Most of the original figure was used here. The body was replaced with a HT TT, a new suit with separate balaclava was added. Additionally, I tossed in some leather DID boots. The figure is mostly done, but I've got some spare brown leather and I might replace all the elastic at some point.

I've got the original mask down there as well, but the Venetian mask has really grown on me.

kro2.jpg

kro1.jpg

Back