WGP's Classic Battlestar Galactica thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Dirk Benedict/Richard Hatch interest thread

I'd take a Dork, er, Dirk please. HATE the Majestic head I have (the figure, not my own majestic head, I like it just fine).

Great fig, just needs a proper head & Sean's the guy to do it.

I'd take a Dork, er, Dirk please. HATE the Majestic head I have (the figure, not my own majestic head, I like it just fine).

Great fig, just needs a proper head & Sean's the guy to do it.

How much per headsculpt? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere.

$40 + $5 shipping. We digitally sculpt the heads on comp then physically print them out, sand, and cast them, so it is a slightly more expensive process than the normal clay/wax way.
-Rick :)

Last edited:

We digitally sculpt the heads on comp then physically print them out, sand, and cast them, so it is a slightly more expensive process than the normal clay/wax way.

I take it you add several reference images to render the head into a 3D graphics program, so the head comes out accurate to the person it's based off of?

Ooh, that sounds fancy! (laugh). Sadly no, the sculptures are made in Z-Brush and we literally sculpt them there, only digitally. The only downloading of images is into our ref folder. ;)

Last edited:

Not for nothing, but has anyone contacted Amoktime to see if castings were available since the figures aren't going to be made? Scifimetropolis sold some castings of their classic Star Trek prototype heads after it was determined that they weren't going to get a license. The sculptors on the BSG project had reworked the Lucifer head and had sculpts roughed out of Hatch and Benedict. I think they told me they were also going to do Sheba and Baltar at some point.

Not for nothing, but has anyone contacted Amoktime to see if castings were available since the figures aren't going to be made? Scifimetropolis sold some castings of their classic Star Trek prototype heads after it was determined that they weren't going to get a license. The sculptors on the BSG project had reworked the Lucifer head and had sculpts roughed out of Hatch and Benedict. I think they told me they were also going to do Sheba and Baltar at some point.

Several people in the Amok Time BSG thread in the General forums section said they get no replies. It's nice to hear they were gonna redo Lucifers head because it looked terrible before.
Odd they would be working on more heads when all of those unreleased characters were sitting there not happening, but it would have been good news had it happened.

HINT: I want to make a Lucifer too (laugh).

Several people in the Amok Time BSG thread in the General forums section said they get no replies. It's nice to hear they were gonna redo Lucifers head because it looked terrible before.
Odd they would be working on more heads when all of those unreleased characters were sitting there not happening, but it would have been good news had it happened.

HINT: I want to make a Lucifer too (laugh).

I saw the Lucifer about a year ago when I visited the sculptor's studio. They were still tweaking it in anticipation of the other figures going into production. Until very recently the sculptors were under the assumption that the figures would be produced.

I would need to see them before commiting.
I am still holding out hope that AMOK will get these released. Apollo & Starbuck do need sculpts that are more like Hatch & Benedict but a good repaint really helped mine.
I think that the real problem with AT's, and this is just my assertion, is that the preorders just weren't there to justify the figure production. A true shame. I nearly collapsed when I saw the BSG presentation, complete with bridge at Toyfair 08.
Hopefully, somehow, Cain, Athena, Boomer and the rest will find a way into our collections. Then again, I'd want Sheba, Jolly, Greenbean, Baltar, etc....

I would need to see them before commiting.
I am still holding out hope that AMOK will get these released. Apollo & Starbuck do need sculpts that are more like Hatch & Benedict but a good repaint really helped mine.
I think that the real problem with AT's, and this is just my assertion, is that the preorders just weren't there to justify the figure production. A true shame. I nearly collapsed when I saw the BSG presentation, complete with bridge at Toyfair 08.
Hopefully, somehow, Cain, Athena, Boomer and the rest will find a way into our collections. Then again, I'd want Sheba, Jolly, Greenbean, Baltar, etc....

It's cool, Steve. I'm not looking for committals. Just interest. It's OUR job at WGP to make you want to commit, as it should be, and that's an area I'm not worried about. ;)

A.T. had a hard climb to face. I wouldn't be interested in committing to a Galactica line myself without a nice SB and Apollo to lead the line, which is essentially what they were trying to do. Had they offered new SB and Apollos first off, I would have signed up for everything after as a pre-order.

I'm intrested in seeing both as the original BSG was one of my favorite shows as a kid.

Put me down for both.

Thanks for all the shout-outs, gang. I just wanted to update you that we WILL be doing Dirk and Richard. Dirk is the three head away on our list, with two more True Blood heads being made first.

darn thought we were talking about the survivor guy.

Kewl. Can't wait to finish my Templeton Peck figure!!

Back