Who actually liked 95' Batman Forever?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you like/enjoy Batman Forever?

• yes

Votes: 192 53.9%
  • no

Votes: 164 46.1%

• Total voters
"Forever" is always been my favourite. I like the Panther & the Sonar bat suits the most. Really really hope Hot Toys will make
these 12" figure versions..........

I half expected Darth Vader to appear

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qDh9xAVI7dA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kilmer was great as Batman and Bruce and O'Donnel came as close as to ____ as I think is possible in a life action movie.

Carrey was Carrey, but Tommy Lee Jones was absolutely awful. The villains ruined the movie, as well as the crazy neon art design IMO. At what point, as a serious actor do you not say "Screw this, Batman would not have his own credit card, I'm not doing it."

At what point, as a serious actor do you not say "Screw this, Batman would not have his own credit card, I'm not doing it."

That was Batman and Robin. Though, the credit card expiration date was Forever... :lol

I half expected Darth Vader to appear

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qDh9xAVI7dA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Dude, I never knew Man-Bat was supposed to be in Forever!

Meh.

The "Holey metal floor Batman" was just as sinful.

:lol

Come on, sinful? It was a small nod to the '60s show. Even Batman is like "huh, WTF?" and Robin clarifies "the ground, it's all metal. It's full of holes. You know, holey".

Batman and Robin on the other hand just kept going and going with camp. Bat-credit cards, stripping purple gorillas, etc.

I loved Forever when it came out. I've recently tried to watch it an just cant get through it without becoming really bored. I think all the extra stuff that was changed could have definitely made it a lot better but some elements were still just terrible. I hate Jim Carrey as the Riddler. Riddler is actually one of my favourite villains from the comics but Carrey is just being Carrey. Its like Ace Ventura in green spandex. I liked some of his outfits and the Two-Face design was cool. It definitely had some good factors and some terrible ones. I saw it iin the cinema when it came out, i must have been about 12 or 13 and apparently i said to my younger cousin "its the best film ever made," although i dont actually remember this. Man, its not even the best BATMAN film ever made. Haha :lol

He explained a few years ago that was the result of a bet he had going with a fellow reviewer as to who could make the most over-the-top review for a movie and that once he saw that above the Odeon Leicester Square he realised he d gone too far and would have to live with it for the rest of his life!!

I did. I prefer the newer ones but the 90s stuff was for kids and the Christopher Nolan stuff is more for adults. I will say I'm not a big fan of Heath Ledger's Joker.
I know alot of people are enthralled by him but to me he is mediocre at best.

I liked it, but it's still my third favourite pre-Nolan Batman movie.

Things that went against it were Tommy Lee Jones forgetting he was two-face and not the Joker. Jim Carey forgetting he was in a Batman Movie, and not an Ace Venture sequel.
Things I like about it were that the Batman storyline about Bruce facing his fear. Yes it was silly, but I might remind people that Returns had Batman fighting men in silly big skull masks, and Penguins with Rockets strapped to their backs

yeah this was my fave growing up, love Jim Carreys riddler its just him all over.

A useless fact: the UK premiere was at the then newly opened Warner Bros cinema in Leicester my hometown just thought i would cram that one in :wave

yeah this was my fave growing up, love Jim Carreys riddler its just him all over.

A useless fact: the UK premiere was at the then newly opened Warner Bros cinema in Leicester my hometown just thought i would cram that one in :wave

Yeah I remember that, I always wondered if somebody had cocked up and booked that place instead of Leicester Square in London :lol

Is a Batmobile driving on rooftops any more ridiculous then a Batmobile driving up a wall?

Yes.

I don't think so.

snl_really.jpg

Back