Who actually liked 95' Batman Forever?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did you like/enjoy Batman Forever?

• yes

Votes: 192 53.9%
  • no

Votes: 164 46.1%

• Total voters
Yeah I remember that, I always wondered if somebody had cocked up and booked that place instead of Leicester Square in London :lol

yeah i reckon that as well, i remember getting really excited when they said it was going to be held there and then only Val Kilmer, Nicole Kidman & Chris O' Donnell showed up !! dissapointing.

Back in the day yes, but it was recently on TV and I found myself flipping to other channels a lot. Jim Carrey was ____ing annoying, Tommy Lee Jones was hilariously bad as well.

Nicole though is still the hottest Batman film chick ever, imo. She was aces in that film.

No it's not. The overweight Tumbler would have fallen through the rooftops.

I think all the gimmicks in the Batman films for the Batmobile are cool, but the turntable cylinder in Batman Returns, the sideway wheels/driving up wall capabilities in Forever and the fact that the Tumbler can drive on rooftops in Begins are ridiculous.

It's like a kid playing with his Batmobile toy. "POW, POW, now Batman has a contraption to make his Batmobile turn 360 degrees and set a thug on fire! YEAH!" "Uh oh, Batman needs a speedy get away from Two-Face, time to launch the awesome grapple hook to, DRIVE UP THE ____ING WALL!!!" "The cops are behind us Batman, time to make a ramp less jump aaaaannnnnddddd, DRIVE ON ROOFTOPS, YIPPPEEEEEEE!"

Also, Two-Face screaming at the top of his lungs when Batman gets away is just as bad as the cop emphasizing that he's "DRIVING ON ROOFTOPS!"

Last edited:
I really enjoyed Forever, then and now. Sure it's campy but overall I liked Kilmer as Bruce/Batman. Thought he had a good but slight voice transition rather than the grumbling that Bale does. And the bat suit was awesome besides the nipples of course. Jim Carry and Tommy Lee Jones were ok...I still have the figures somewhere in a box. even have the batcave :)

the movie was not so good, but the design I feel are excellent !
even the Begins suit has allot of similarities of the sonar suit, the TDK night vision is a copy from the sonarsuit.
can you tell I like it?
cv.jpg
[/IMG]
DSC080612-1.jpg
[/IMG]

That bottom picture are your creations correct? I remember you showing them before.

They're all fantastic.

I made the batmobile, Alfred , Robin
the suits are orignals the actors wore.
my grails .

I was about 8 when Forever came out and had been watching the 60s Batman reruns and the Animated series, so I really loved the film. Never got used to a blond Bruce Wayne, but Kilmer was a decent Batman and I liked O'Donnell in the Robin role. I'm probably one of the only people who preferred TLJ's Two-Face over Carey's Riddler, but then I've never been a fan of Carey's so that probably tainted my perspective. :lol I continued to love the film up until I actually saw B & R a few years after it came out. Since then I haven't been able to watch Forever knowing how Schumacher ruined my two favorite characters- Robin & Ivy- in the following movie. :banghead

I actually still have the VHS of this movie. Watched Forever a million times when I was young. Thinking about it now, I think there was a lot of potential in Batman Forever. Kilmer actually did a solid job being Wayne/Batman. That sonar suit was pretty badass.

I enjoyed it. I was bummed at first that Michael Keaton passed on doing a third Batman movie. But after seeing Val Kilmer in it as Bruce and Batman I liked his performance. I was a fan of his anyway from his other movies up to then like Top Gun, Willow, The Doors to name a few. I always thought he was, and is a terrific actor. I liked Chris O' Donnell as "Richard" Grayson/Robin. I thought he and Kilmer worked well together. I will agree that the Tommy Lee Jones Two-Face was just too goofy and aloof for my tastes. Of course Aaron Eckhart's Two-Face was incredible later on in The Dark Knight. I liked Jim Carrey and actually enjoyed his Riddler. It seemed to fit his over-the-top personality really well.

I actually liked the new design of the Batmobile with the cool blue recessed lighting, and the new ability to scale walls, etc. But I've always been a big fan of the different Batmobiles anyway.

I always wondered why they called this movie, "Batman Forever"? I mean to me, I had always pictured Chase Masterson carving that into a tree with a pocket knife..."Batman Forever"? It seemed to be some high school "crush" title for a Batman movie to me. Know what I mean? So I think they SHOULD have titled it...."Batman And Robin". That makes much more sense since they first introduce Robin in this movie.

I have it on DVD in the big Batman Special Edition DVD set. I watch it from time to time. I'd actually like to get it and the two Tim Burton Batman movies on Blu-Ray now. To me, "Batman And Robin" is best to stay wiped away from my fanboy mind! Just like..."Star Trek V: The Final Frontier"! Two of the WORST movie sequels EVER made!

So...yes, I enjoyed "Batman Forever" even though to me it should have been a "given" to call it..."Batman And Robin"!

I think the title "Batman Forever" comes in the fact that Bruce contemplates to not be Batman anymore so then at the end of the movie he makes the decision to stay and be Batman well Forever or as long as he lives anyways.

And for the movie Batman and Robin I think the idea behind that title is that they go through the squabble of it being one person over the other instead of an equal partnership, so in the movie sense, the word "and" has more of the meaning of an equal partnership instead of how Robin says "It's always Batman and Robin and never Robin and Batman" or something along those lines, which implies one is more important than the other.
But that's just my opinion, someone else more knowledgeable may have a better explanation, or for that matter, know the real reasons behind the naming of those movies

loved it as a kid and can sometimes bare to watch it, when I'm in a bat-mood, hell i remember having the official comic book adaption of the film and the toys when i was a kid.

In general I got the most of fun from this clip... which I watched every morning before going to school :lol

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/n8FAO2-cHaE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

By the way after this song I seriously jumped into U2's music and fell in love with this awesome group :rock2

Last edited:
I liked it when it came out, hated it for awhile, and now I like it again.

In general I got the most of fun from this clip... which I watched every morning before going to school :lol

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/n8FAO2-cHaE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

By the way after this song I seriously jumped into U2's music and fell in love with this awesome group :rock2

Great video, great track, pretty much sums up the GOOD elements of the movie. :goodpost:

Back