WIP Lee "Apollo" Adama 1/6th

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's looking great to me! I will love having a light up feature on my helmet from you for my Kara Starbuck Thrace! :D Keep up the great work!

If at all possible can :

knucklefunger
Jedimike71
Jediguy

Let me know which figure you intend to create using the helmets ordered

Either Lee or Kara

I think JediMike71 is doing a Kara

This way I know how much give to build into the connections on the helmets

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

It's looking great to me! I will love having a light up feature on my helmet from you for my Kara Starbuck Thrace! :D Keep up the great work!

Beat me to it :)

EDIT: Tried the Kara sculpt sans body and paint just out of interest, turns out there's not much between Kara or Lee size wise there both pretty tight in the helm . . oh well just have to crack on

attachment.php

Last edited:
Wow Kara looks great inside that helmet! I still have to pay BillyB for one unpainted Kara sculpt. I'll do that soon. Thanks for the update Mooncat. :D

Just to give an update on this I did do some more sanding to try and smooth down some of the reworked parts. However I came across a largish problem. The switch Thats now sculpted into the back of the helmet is no longer making a circuit. I brought them away with me this week (Im on the Isle of Man doing some work) but time hasnt allowed me to deal with them. So it will have to wait till I get back to the UK . . but its looking like I may have to rip the switch out of the back and have another go.

An update: the issues with the circuit were as I expected around the switch, problem is Im crap at soldering, and theres no space to have a lot of metal protruding from the switches to grab on too.

Im thinking thats its gonna be better to have the switches below the neck ring, Ive a friend whose an electrician so Im gonna ask him about soldering the wires to the switch in the helmets back

but for those who arent bothered about switch positions can you post here and Ill crack on with yours regardless

Sounds great Mooncat! I still have to finish paying you for the helmet. :eek: I will get that done soon. I'll keep in touch with you about it. Thanks! :D

Okay, I will. Thanks for the update, and please keep me informed about he helmet. I appreciate it! Thanks again! :D

Back