Today is the day, Freaks. Grey Hulk PFF! Git Yer order In!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NSFolsom said:
I used the 'I want Leia!' offer for the Exclusive Leia PFF! That makes me happy because I've been wanting one of those for a long time and I didn't really want to pay up the arse for it on ebay.

So I'm happy in the end.... *sigh*

Leia ex isn't selling for crap on ebay.

I called my order in, at first I was put on hold. I was worried it would sell out, by the time they took my call.

I finally talked with the SS rep. and asked if there was any Grey Hulk's left, I wanted to order one. She told me that actually I was going to order the last one. :chew

Got my order in. And, I thought it was sooooo cool that I actually "got the last one".

:banana

kinky queen said:
So true, i was about to order this until i fell on the floor seeing that price EXCLUDING shipping. And don't forget the Boba Fett PF wich still hasnt sold out! What's up with that? An ES of 5000??

:confused:

They need to change the exclusive on that thing, quick.

NSFolsom said:
Is there a cancellation fee for cancelling a FLEXPAY item that you are on the wait list for? I can't remember... I'll check Sideshow's site.

A friend of mine wants to know the same. Please tell us! :)

ju421019 said:
I agree on the prices, for that much you can get a nice LCD HDTV, or an Xbox 360.

Or some LOTR topps cards, or a toaster, or a digital camera..................

Jesse

Polystoned said:
Leia ex isn't selling for crap on ebay.

I've bought two Star Wars PFF's on ebay and it's not just about the price but the condition it's in. The Han Solo PFF I received has a scuffed base. But, the Obi-Wan Kenobi I received FROM HAWAII is pristine!

I'm happy to get one directly from Sideshow. I feel safer that way. :eek:

SideshowDusty said:
Sorry for the confusion guys - the pages were created before the Con, before the edition size was decided. They have been updated appropriately now :duff

Dusty, can you confirm that the price for the PF Grey Hulk exclusive at SDCC was $100 less? Was that a con attendee special price? If so, I think $100 increase for newsletter subscribers is a bit steep. $25 I could understand.

Agent23 said:
I called my order in, at first I was put on hold. I was worried it would sell out, by the time they took my call.

I finally talked with the SS rep. and asked if there was any Grey Hulk's left, I wanted to order one. She told me that actually I was going to order the last one. :chew

Got my order in. And, I thought it was sooooo cool that I actually "got the last one".

:banana

You will then get # 150/150 if everything goes in order..pretty cool number....

WetaWork said:
Dusty, can you confirm that the price for the PF Grey Hulk exclusive at SDCC was $100 less? Was that a con attendee special price? If so, I think $100 increase for newsletter subscribers is a bit steep. $25 I could understand.

I too would like an answer to that.

Shai Hulud said:

I too wouldlike an answer to that.

There is a word in my mind, but i cant type it..... :rolleyes:

100$ and the chance of a 100$ gift card. Nice, nice.

WetaWork said:
4.gif

New sell out record, WOW!!!

SSE Ardeth 1:1 still holds that record, and I dare say won't be broken :lol

I'm sure a number of people will consider this to be the pinnacle "original Kirby" Hulk collectible. A really impressive piece.

I wonder what the secondary market prices will be. Glad they don't do ES like this for my favorite SW/LOTR characters. :monkey1

"IF" the reason for the $100.00 hike in price was:

a) Bring in new customers

b) To reward those going to the SDCC

c) The color of grey paint

Then the only acceptable reason is "c" above. If the reason for the hike was to bring in new customers or reward those going to SDCC, then why wasn't there price "breaks" on ALL of the pre-orders being taken at the Con?? Were Jabba and the gang more expensive online than at the Con? Were any of the PF's or 1:1 busts being pre-ordered at the Con less expensive than if ordering online?

It's got to be the grey paint, people. No doubt in my mind. :monkey2

FlyAndFight said:
It's got to be the grey paint, people. No doubt in my mind. :monkey2

I will ask my chinese friend tomorrow, if there are higher taxes on grey paint in china. :rotfl

maybe gray paints are becoming more scarse to find and the gray paint SS uses are specially created or something. :cool:

I can assure you, it has nothing to do with the paint. They are not paying $100 in paint per unit, you'd have to be the most niave person alive to think that.

The question is still why the huge price hike and it hasn't been answered yet.

SolidLiquidFox said:
Obviously the smaller run requires a different type of paint job hence the higher price. Green one is more mass produced hence cheaper.

Again, if these are done by hand, it costs the same for 10 as it would 1000. Not to mention there's no additional cost for the sculpt since it's exactly the same. The ES should have nothing to do with the cost. The Grey VS was exactly the same price as the Green.

Back