Today is the day, Freaks. Grey Hulk PFF! Git Yer order In!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
People might be overreacting to the price for preordering at SDCC. It sounds like there was some confusion at the booth regarding ordering the Grey Hulk PF as some of the helpers had to ask around about it. Perhaps they also didn't know about the price difference and only charged the price of the Green Hulk PF.

I don't know how the ordering works there but once they are entered into the ordering system at Sideshow, I am sure the price will be corrected for everyone. I can't see Sideshow ticking off a large portion of their collectors by knowingly charging that much less to SDCC attendees.

Not that I feel this should still cost $100 more than the green.

I finally figured it out, it isn't the grey paint that's so expensive, its the BLUE PANTS. I remember reading somewhere that Stan Lee and Jack Kirby had always intended for the Hulk to wear designer blue jeans but somewhere in the printing the blue got changed to purple and the fancy logo on the pockets got smeared.

SolidLiquidFox said:
Obviously the smaller run requires a different type of paint job hence the higher price. Green one is more mass produced hence cheaper.

While the cost difference between the the Green and the Gray version is a concern, we are also concerend about the potential difference between the Grey version price for SDCC attendee preorders ($329.99) vs. online preorders ($429.99).

Last edited:
Darth Loki said:
Again, if these are done by hand, it costs the same for 10 as it would 1000. Not to mention there's no additional cost for the sculpt since it's exactly the same. The ES should have nothing to do with the cost. The Grey VS was exactly the same price as the Green.

I can't see any valid reason why the grey version should cost ANY more than the green. Sideshow can't justify an extra $15,000 for cleaning the nozzles out of the airbrushes & changing from green to grey. The painful answer is that they did it cause they could, and we'd soak it up in 2 minutes flat!

It sucks that people at the SDCC get 1st shot at this statue and $100.00 off. But how about given something back to the loyal fans who spend their life savings on Sideshow stuff, these people should be "gold" members and have 1st shot at every pre-order. I look at the peremathreads and can't believe how much stuff some people got. And it sucks if these loyal fans missed out by someone who is just going to try a make a few dollars.

NASEDO said:
It sucks that people at the SDCC get 1st shot at this statue and $100.00 off. But how about given something back to the loyal fans who spend their life savings on Sideshow stuff, these people should be "gold" members and have 1st shot at every pre-order. I look at the peremathreads and can't believe how much stuff some people got. And it sucks if these loyal fans missed out by someone who is just going to try a make a few dollars.
Nobody deserves any of this stuff more than someone else. I have plenty of items I have kept and there are plenty of items I have sold. Some I have made money on, some I haven't. Does that make me any less entitled to order something if I can afford to order it? The best way to sell these things is the way they do it. Let everyone know when it will go on sale and let anyone who wants one order one. I was going to order a Grey hulk today, but it sold out. That's how it goes, you win some, you lose some.

Darth Loki said:
Again, if these are done by hand, it costs the same for 10 as it would 1000. Not to mention there's no additional cost for the sculpt since it's exactly the same. The ES should have nothing to do with the cost. The Grey VS was exactly the same price as the Green.

Actually, the Grey VS Spider-man was $25 more than the Green VS Spider-man.

And, before everyone has a stroke, no one has confirmed that the SDCC price was $329.99... I only said I thought that was what my order said, but that I needed to check when I got home tonight; no one else has confirmed in this thread, so it may well be wrong! Don't crucify Sideshow when we aren't even sure of the facts yet...

lcummins said:
And, before everyone has a stroke, no one has confirmed that the SDCC price was $329.99... I only said I thought that was what my order said, but that I needed to check when I got home tonight; no one else has confirmed in this thread, so it may well be wrong! Don't crucify Sideshow when we aren't even sure of the facts yet...

Thanks, that is what I was trying to get across as well. Sometimes people like to get all worked up over things. If there is a difference, I am sure it was either an error on the people at the booth or the price will be corrected after being entered in their order system.

I dont mind paying more. Exclusives are usually cheaper when picked up at the con anyway. And they had to make 150 pair of blue pants, not only the paint. Not that they need an excuse anyway.

If the Con price is indeed 325.00 my thoughts are that there was confusion at the con and they mistakenly charged the Green Hulk price.

Either way don't be a hater over someone elses good fortune.

If you dont like it cancel your order and let someone else have it.

I didn't order the Hulk PF at SDCC, but the other items that I ordered were listed on my invoice at the same price that they were ultimately sold online. (Of course, my order still isn't showing up online, so I can't say for sure...) I have a feeling that if anybody was undercharged for the Gray Hulk PF, it was because the salesperson wasn't sure of the price, and it will be corrected either when it gets posted into their online account, or at the time of shipping.

Greetings, all!
Yes, I orderd mine @ the con, and was surprised when I read this thread and the claims of the 100 dollar difference in price for con pre orders. I just called Aaron to get confirmation of this, and she told me that in fact, the price was misquoted at the con.
A long time Hulk fan, I am happy to have this exclusive orderd, as I missed out on the VS grey......
Hey, Bodie! Hope we can hook up when you come here in a few weeks.
Best,

Yeah, I'm sure any price descrepancy between con and online orders will be corrected as they are entered in the computer. I believe Monster's orders have already showed up on line and he can probably confirm this.

As far as the difference between grey and green, I admit I wasn't expecting the difference. But I am just as certain they SS has a justified explaination for this. Contrarly to what lot's of folks would like you to believe SS is not out there to stick it to their collectors.

We have seen this type of thing happen before and the lynch mobs rise up; It's inevitable, but SS always has a good reason for doing the things that they do.

Bannister said:
Nobody deserves any of this stuff more than someone else. I have plenty of items I have kept and there are plenty of items I have sold. Some I have made money on, some I haven't. Does that make me any less entitled to order something if I can afford to order it? The best way to sell these things is the way they do it. Let everyone know when it will go on sale and let anyone who wants one order one. I was going to order a Grey hulk today, but it sold out. That's how it goes, you win some, you lose some.

There's a few companies that let their collector members get 1st shot. I'm sure alot of people didn't order because they want it, they just want to sell it. And then someone who bought all the Marvel PF from SS now has to go to ebay. SS emailed people who bought PF horror figures to give them 1st shot at a new silver screen figure. I think it would be the right thing to do with people who bought ALL the Marvel PF figures. I dont have all the Marvel PF figures so I wouldn't count, and thats fine. I'm just sticking up for the true collector.

But why do people at the SDCC get such a discount? Your going to give them a discount why not the loyal fans who couldn't make it. Thats my point.

From SSC's point of view the limited nature of this item makes it worth $100 more.

Since at least 75 of the people who bought it will be trying to sell it at an inflated price before they even have it in hand, why shouldn't SSC see some of that profit?

Personally I wish they wouldn't publicize these numbers, as it only encourages scalping. But then without the small ES then the increased price wouldn't be justified.

NASEDO said:
But why do people at the SDCC get such a discount? Your going to give them a discount why not the loyal fans who couldn't make it. Thats my point.

There is no actual evidence that this has happened. And has been mentioned earlier it appears that what did happen was simply a mistake that will be corrected as con orders are entered in the computer.

I wonder which will be more sought after, this or the Grey Hulk Vs. Spidey dio. I think this blows away the Vs. Hulk (though I'm pretty partial to Jack Kirby.)

I really hope Captain America doesn't get the same treatment, I just can't afford to be tempted by a PF of my favorite superhero....

NSFolsom said:
Well frick! I didn't get an order in for one because my internet wasn't working all day and only managed to get going now. Argh! I think it's been so hot lately in Mpls. that the equipment has been "fried" to use a term the ISP tech used.

ME ISP MAKE HULK MAD!!! HULK SMASH PUNY INTERNET TECH! ARGHHHHH!

And I had to crap like no tomorrow... sitting there, on the toilet trying to order a grey hulk on my pocket pc and finding out it's sold out after 2 minutes. CRAP! (No pun intended) Oh well I got on the FLEXPAY Waitlist.

DAMMNIT! I started this thread, and I didn't even get one...

Congratulations on all who did. I did get a green which I will love, no doubt about it.

After I put myself on the waitlist for the Grey Hulk I used the 'I want Leia!' offer for the Exclusive Leia PFF! That makes me happy because I've been wanting one of those for a long time and I didn't really want to pay up the arse for it on ebay.

So I'm happy in the end.... *sigh*

I know we're a close group of collectors and all, but there is just some info that you can keep to yourself :rotfl

Well if the SDCC people did't get a discount that clears alot up. I think the extra $100.00 is fine. The statue will hold its value. So its worth it.

Back