Today is the day, Freaks. Grey Hulk PFF! Git Yer order In!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just out of curiousity, if having less than 200 figures raises the cost why wasn't the popbot exclusive more than the regular version? Or was it because it just had a different hand and not a different paintjob and pants. I am not trying to cause trouble, I am genuinely interested.

Bannister said:
Just out of curiousity, if having less than 200 figures raises the cost why wasn't the popbot exclusive more than the regular version? Or was it because it just had a different hand and not a different paintjob and pants. I am not trying to cause trouble, I am genuinely interested.

I honestly don't know the answer to these questions, as I - fortunately - don't deal with budgeting and money (thank goodness! You would not want me in charge of that, we'd be out of business in a day :lol) So your guess is as good as mine. And all I can guess is that each case is different, and is probably weighed on a different scale depending on the figure. PF figures are more expensive, just in general, because the fabric adds to the overall cost, so perhaps you're on the right track with the blue pants! :duff

SideshowDusty said:
I honestly don't know the answer to these questions, as I - fortunately - don't deal with budgeting and money (thank goodness! You would not want me in charge of that, we'd be out of business in a day :lol) So your guess is as good as mine. And all I can guess is that each case is different, and is probably weighed on a different scale depending on the figure. PF figures are more expensive, just in general, because the fabric adds to the overall cost, so perhaps you're on the right track with the blue pants! :duff
That must be it. It is those damn blue pants.:rotfl

i may have missed the post but was it $100 cheaper for con attendees? it is obviously $100 more than the green but nothing has been confirmed on whether the attendees will be notified the price was quoted wrong at Comic Con. doesn't change anything for me since i bought it online today, just curious.

lets be honest here.
Its not the clothes or the paint. many of the UniMonsters are the same price color/B&W.
Its cause they can. ... its business fellas.

..... its the packaging

occulum said:
lets be honest here.
Its not the clothes or the paint. many of the UniMonsters are the same price color/B&W.
Its cause they can. ... its business fellas.

..... its the packaging

I'm not so sure the unimonster is a good comparison. I mean the UM's are only painted hands/forearms and head. The clothes then are B&W that has to be easier to acquire than some colors.

Don't know this for a fact, but I know that they usually try to be as accurate as possible with their pieces which in this case means matching colors from whatever image Andy used as source material. I know this is a longshot but that could mean that yes, the shade of blue may make a difference in costs.

I do remember someone from SS mentioning before also like Dusty said that smaller runs can incure larger costs. That's why some of the characters are missing from certain 1/6 lines. The demand did not support selling enough pieces to make the venture cost effective.

But I too am anxious to here any official word on this. Hope it is forthcoming so the conspiracy theories can be put to rest for the time being :lol

oxbeard said:
I'm not so sure the unimonster is a good comparison. I mean the UM's are only painted hands/forearms and head. The clothes then are B&W that has to be easier to acquire than some colors.
actually I figured it was the paint too. BAnnister's post at the top of this page and Dusty's reply veered me from it somewhat. But its still basically the same paint on both. So who knows.

I dont doubt that theres some incurred production costs. And I serisouly think the packaging will be one of those. but not the $100per piece.

I honestly think they did it 33% cause its warranted and 66% cause they can. And I honestly think business is busniess. haha .. nothing i can do about it, so I guess I have to just accept it. :monkey1

ROFLMAO!!! :mwaha Love the sig Occulum! :rock

Seriosuly though, Grey PF Hulk is here to stay. Andy's work afterall and what an awesome sculpt at that! Pics do not do it justice after seeing this one in person.

lcummins said:
I'm beginning to think that Sideshow would be wise to stay away from future Grey Hulks! :rotfl

You and me both, Lonnie, you and me both. Does anyone have any aspirin? Or maybe like a million Advil?? :sick

either you love the piece or you dont.
look what people are prepared to pay on ebay for something they really dig.
and its still cheaper then grievous 1/4.

I called up at 1 minute after 1 PM and placed my order with Destiny. As she gave me the confirmation that I reserved one, the screen came on my computer SOLD OUT!! I asked her how close was I to missing one and she told me I got the last one!

88th division said:
I called up at 1 minute after 1 PM and placed my order with Destiny. As she gave me the confirmation that I reserved one, the screen came on my computer SOLD OUT!! I asked her how close was I to missing one and she told me I got the last one!
lucky man...congrats

88th division said:

Controversy continues to brew, people! Agent23 also ordered via phone and HE was told that HE got the last one!! There can only be ONE last one! Oh the humanity!!! Lonnie, pass the Goody powder please! :monkey5 :rotfl

So, apparently a FEW collectors got the "last one"! Following quote from "today is the day" thread, also started today...

" Re: Today is the day, Freaks. Grey Hulk PFF! Git Yer order In!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I called my order in, at first I was put on hold. I was worried it would sell out, by the time they took my call.

I finally talked with the SS rep. and asked if there was any Grey Hulk's left, I wanted to order one. She told me that actually I was going to order the last one.

Got my order in. And, I thought it was sooooo cool that I actually "got the last one".

Hope you two are not going to be splitting the "last one".....
Best,

Anyone else that phoned in an order get a confirmation email? I have yet to get mine so far...

:confused:

Yea, I was definitely told I got the last one also.

Back