Today is the day, Freaks. Grey Hulk PFF! Git Yer order In!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey Dusty, is it common for sometimes not get the confirmation e-mail right away? I ordered mine over the phone earlier today, and still have yet to receive my confirmation e-mail....

i don't think all 150 gray hulk was sold because in case of replacement and what not. maybe SS reserved about 10 or so???

snowtrooper1966 said:
Or pehaps they made an overrun of 10 percent (165), just to cover any breakage?

could be...i read somewhere that SS makes more than usual to cover any breakage and dispose of those that are broken.

When the grey Vs. came out everyone said that they were keeping it, they'd never flip it. Of course this wasn't the case as many have appeared on ebay. So I don't see the extra $100 as screwing the 150% true collector as much as discouraging scalping. The true collector that believes the variant is worth it will still get it and the scalper will be a little slower on the "buy" button with that extra $100 staring them in the face.

I do think it's disappointing for the people that bought at the show that they'll be getting an email telling them that the price is actually $100 more, but they'll be free to cancel it, so no biggie, right?

I was online earlier when this went up but passed even though it is a nice sculpt! I checked out the price & pictures and then refreshed and only 5 were left. :lol

Agent23 said:
hey Dusty, is it common for sometimes not get the confirmation e-mail right away? I ordered mine over the phone earlier today, and still have yet to receive my confirmation e-mail....
I ordered a sith anakin over the phone and it didn't show up online til the next day.

Thanks Bannister, but, did you get the e-mail confirmation? I didn't get that either...

Darklord Dave said:
...I do think it's disappointing for the people that bought at the show that they'll be getting an email telling them that the price is actually $100 more, but they'll be free to cancel it, so no biggie, right?

I would prefer to get it at the price I ordered it at, but I won't cancel if the price goes up. I'll be a tad annoyed, but hey, mistakes happen... :rotfl

Agent23 said:
Thanks Bannister, but, did you get the e-mail confirmation? I didn't get that either...

I honestly have no clue how Customer Service works, but if you PM me your account info and name I can go bug one of the reps to tell me if it's 100% booked...

I would prefer to get it at the price I ordered it at, but I won't cancel if the price goes up. I'll be a tad annoyed, but hey, mistakes happen... :rotfl

I'm not saying they won't honor it...but if they do? Keep it to yourself....'kay?:monkey3

What about the legality of the situation? Basically Sideshow entered into a contract with the customer at the convention. How can they just say weeks later "umm, sorry mistake, $100 more or forget it?" I'm pretty sure that is illegal and any company would be required to honor that contract, if the customer cares to pressure the company. Of course, if you're a pencil-pushing collector, then Sideshow has no worries.

Beren

I haven't looked at the grey pics till just now(i was trying to order as fast as i could) and i like it more than the green version...i didn't like the grey diorama version more than the green but by george i like the grey PF one more. probably because of the $100 pair of blue jeans but i still like it more.

Vader AL said:
I haven't looked at the grey pics till just now(i was trying to order as fast as i could) and i like it more than the green version...i didn't like the grey diorama version more than the green but by george i like the grey PF one more. probably because of the $100 pair of blue jeans but i still like it more.

yeah.....the jeans must be armani or versace :D

Beren said:
What about the legality of the situation? Basically Sideshow entered into a contract with the customer at the convention. How can they just say weeks later "umm, sorry mistake, $100 more or forget it?" I'm pretty sure that is illegal and any company would be required to honor that contract, if the customer cares to pressure the company. Of course, if you're a pencil-pushing collector, then Sideshow has no worries.

Beren

Well, I don't know how this situation will be resolved, as accidents do tend to happen, especially when you've got over 40 products premiering and pre-ordering at exactly the same time (it's hard enough to keep track of 10 or so! - we are still a small company, no matter how many SKU's we are premiering)... but I do know that a pre-order is in no way a legally binding contract. There has been no money exchanged. Anyone can always cancel without being penalized (except with Flex Pay, but in this case I'm sure they'd make an exception).

Some people have problems with pre-orders because of this reason (the occasional over-booking of a piece - such as with airline tickets - very few and far between edition size adjustments, etc) but we do try our ABSOLUTE hardest to not make mistakes... all we can do is ask for forgiveness if one happens :duff

Back