Today is the day, Freaks. Grey Hulk PFF! Git Yer order In!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bonehead15 said:
I still want to know why Con Attendees got to preorder Priority Preorder items at the Con? No offense but that's B.S.!!!!! Regular and Inclusive items are fine but with PPO items newsletter subscribers are suppossed to get first dibs on SS Exclusive items.

How about because we paid a lot of money to attend the show? That's a pretty darn good reason. Not only was I at SDCC but I'm also a newsletter member so does that make you feel better.

SideshowDusty said:
I'd just like to take this opportunity to point out that the Ardeth Bey Silver Screen bust was also $100 more than the color. As I understand it, anytime there is less than about 200 of any figure made in the factory, it dramatically increases the cost per figure :duff

Makes sense to me. The more you produce the lower your cost is because you can sell more. It's simple really.

SideshowDusty said:
Well, I don't know how this situation will be resolved, as accidents do tend to happen, especially when you've got over 40 products premiering and pre-ordering at exactly the same time (it's hard enough to keep track of 10 or so! - we are still a small company, no matter how many SKU's we are premiering)... but I do know that a pre-order is in no way a legally binding contract. There has been no money exchanged. Anyone can always cancel without being penalized (except with Flex Pay, but in this case I'm sure they'd make an exception).

Some people have problems with pre-orders because of this reason (the occasional over-booking of a piece - such as with airline tickets - very few and far between edition size adjustments, etc) but we do try our ABSOLUTE hardest to not make mistakes... all we can do is ask for forgiveness if one happens :duff

...or give us free stuff :D

Beren said:
What about the legality of the situation? Basically Sideshow entered into a contract with the customer at the convention. How can they just say weeks later "umm, sorry mistake, $100 more or forget it?" I'm pretty sure that is illegal and any company would be required to honor that contract, if the customer cares to pressure the company. Of course, if you're a pencil-pushing collector, then Sideshow has no worries.

Beren

No one signed a Legal Contract. And no one was charged. So the item still isn't sold. If Sideshow went out of buisness they wouldn't have to furfill preorders. I ordered stuff many times that did't go through, and we recently seen Gentle Giant cancel the Black Trooper bust orders since they couldn't furfill them. I'm sure people will complain and hopefully cancel but I don't see a legal issue at all, just pissed off people.

jlcmsu said:
How about because we paid a lot of money to attend the show? That's a pretty darn good reason. Not only was I at SDCC but I'm also a newsletter member so does that make you feel better.

Makes sense to me. The more you produce the lower your cost is because you can sell more. It's simple really.

cost is not associated with sales. production costs correlate with cost of supplies, labor, etc. the fact that the mold and everything but the grey paint and blue pants is the same as the green means that the cost of those is the same for the grey as for the green, plus the pants and paint. they are both in the same cost pool. when they sell a lower number the price of EACH piece goes up because they have to sell each at a higher price to recoop cost/profits. the grey price helps with their recoop/profit for the hulk PF, green and grey. obviously they priced it below the demand price seeing as how fast it sold. can't blame SS...blame the beautiful sculp, popular character.

Vader AL said:
cost is not associated with sales. production costs correlate with cost of supplies, labor, etc. the fact that the mold and everything but the grey paint and blue pants is the same as the green means that the cost of those is the same for the grey as for the green, plus the pants and paint. they are both in the same cost pool. when they sell a lower number the price of EACH piece goes up because they have to sell each at a higher price to recoop cost/profits. the grey price helps with their recoop/profit for the hulk PF, green and grey. obviously they priced it below the demand price seeing as how fast it sold. can't blame SS...blame the beautiful sculp, popular character.

That's what I meant but just didn't give the big websters dictionary version. Yes, the fewer you produce the more the cost is to you which means the higher price passing on the the customer. I meant the more you produce the more you can sell and make your money back plus a little extra because of the lower price you have to charge. Depending on the amout made of course.

jlcmsu said:
You went to the Con fine. You did spend a lot of money BUT that doesn't mean you should get first dibs on PPO items.

If it was a Con Exclusive then fine. No problem. Attendees should get first dibs on Con Exclusives. It wasn't a Con Exclusive so ALL Newsletter subscribers should of gotten an EQUAL shot at the Grey Hulk. By letting Attendees get first crack at it is actually going against the whole purpose of having PPO in the first place.

Here's the direct quote again Josh in case you didn't read it the first time:
Priority Pre-ordering is a Sideshow Collectibles Newsletter feature which allows our newsletter members an opportunity to pre-order a special item before it is offered for sale to the general public.

Were all the Attendees SS subscribers??? SS DID offer the Grey Hulk for sale to the general public at SDCC. That goes against their own policy. If SS wanted to sell these at the Con then they should of increased the edition size like they did for Bib. Or they should of just put it up for sale at the beging of the Con like they did for almost every other item and just forget the PPO for this item. This way attendees and non-attendees at least would of gotten an equal shot at the piece.

Why have a PPO system at all? :confused: SS should just go back to the old format. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Ya like using BOLD
don't ya?

Bonehead15 said:
You went to the Con fine. You did spend a lot of money BUT that doesn't mean you should get first dibs on PPO items.

Yeah, it does. It's called one of the benefits to going to a show like that. You do realize that at the Con they had it setup to become a newsletter member when you did all your stuff. So it was just a bunch of newsletter members putting their orders in. :lol

Bonehead15 said:
If it was a Con Exclusive then fine. No problem. Attendees should get first dibs on Con Exclusives. It wasn't a Con Exclusive so ALL Newsletter subscribers should of gotten an EQUAL shot at the Grey Hulk. By letting Attendees get first crack at it is actually going against the whole purpose of having PPO in the first place.

As I said it was newsletter members getting it because they had a area to sign up for the newsletter. Again, it's just a benefit of going to the show on "1" basically the rest of the year. WOW!!!!

Bonehead15 said:
Here's the direct quote again Josh in case you didn't read it the first time:

I got it the first time thanks. :rolleyes:

I allways thought the Stuff SS sells should make people happy.... really nice evolution..... :rolleyes:

"Originally Posted by SideshowDusty
I'd just like to take this opportunity to point out that the Ardeth Bey Silver Screen bust was also $100 more than the color. As I understand it, anytime there is less than about 200 of any figure made in the factory, it dramatically increases the cost per figure "

As I said before, the reasons behind the charge of the extra $100 were pretty obvious from the beginning. It makes sense when considering quantity produced vs cost. Dusty has verified this apparently.

As I brought up on the other thread, it's the value of this collectible worth the extra $100 to most people? It probably does not as the dumping on ebay for this will be massive. Heck, today is 50% off listing fee day so I would not be surprised to see a few listed by the end of the day.

To me, the Doom PF and SentinelVs exclusives are more justifiable to be charged more for. Gray Hulk PF only because of it's edition size.

I'm sooooooooo excited that I was able to get my order in for the Grey Hulk!!!

Thanks Sideshow....your the best!!!!

Kookie said:
I'm sooooooooo excited that I was able to get my order in for the Grey Hulk!!!

Thanks Sideshow....your the best!!!!
Don't get too excited Kookie. SSC might oversold... That counts for every one that ordered it online, of course! Let's wait until the 'Processing Notification E-mails arrive and hope for the best! :D

SolidLiquidFox said:
"Originally Posted by SideshowDusty
I'd just like to take this opportunity to point out that the Ardeth Bey Silver Screen bust was also $100 more than the color. As I understand it, anytime there is less than about 200 of any figure made in the factory, it dramatically increases the cost per figure "

As I said before, the reasons behind the charge of the extra $100 were pretty obvious from the beginning. It makes sense when considering quantity produced vs cost. Dusty has verified this apparently.

As I brought up on the other thread, it's the value of this collectible worth the extra $100 to most people? It probably does not as the dumping on ebay for this will be massive. Heck, today is 50% off listing fee day so I would not be surprised to see a few listed by the end of the day.

To me, the Doom PF and SentinelVs exclusives are more justifiable to be charged more for. Gray Hulk PF only because of it's edition size.

It still doesn't make any sense to me. Why wasn't the VS piece even more expensive then? At only 50 it should've been $200 more right? The only thing that has changed here is the color of the paint. We're not talking about a different sculpt or anything drasticaly different from the green version other than the paint.

Dusty, I agree that small quantities require higher prices due to the cost per unit. But it doesn't make any sense in this case.

Darth Loki said:
It still doesn't make any sense to me. Why wasn't the VS piece even more expensive then? At only 50 it should've been $200 more right? The only thing that has changed here is the color of the paint. We're not talking about a different sculpt or anything drasticaly different from the green version other than the paint.

Dusty, I agree that small quantities require higher prices due to the cost per unit. But it doesn't make any sense in this case.

Exactly, comes of the exact same assembly line. There are just two steps that differ, the paint color and the pant color. The work is done in the exact same way. If somehow grey paint is more expensive then the green (shouldn't be, it has less pigment but what do I know) or the dye for the pants is more expensive in blue then ok. But production cost shouldn't even be brought up in this debate.

Jesse

The reality is that it's unlikely that Sideshow has incurred any additional costs in the production of the Grey Hulk.

Sideshow can set the price of any item at any level they choose, afterall they take the gamble that they don't sell if they are overpriced. It was always a safe bet that these exclusives would sell out superfast & it's obvious that the secondary value would rise to some extent due to rarity, which SS don't usually get a slice of.

They are just taking some of the profit that flippers normally pocket. In doing so, they potentially punish people who wanted to keep the item. Having said that would people prefer big edition numbers and cheap prices or small numbers and high prices? There are people in each camp.

Back