READ FIRST POST! [iminime] Wall Street Killer - Patrick Bateman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: [iminime] American Psycho - Patrick Bateman FIRST WIP of Sculpt!

i agree - i think most people like the aspect of his character that hides his madness so well. i like it when he releases it - when you actually see the monster within. each to their own. but i respect denny's team for trying something different, challenging, and of their own volition.

I say bring it!!

Lets unleash these sculptors talents instead of suppressing it. I want to see all their talents on display on my figures.

I think both expressions are just as good as one another (considering the second expression is the cold stare). The screaming head will really stand out in any display and capture his insanity really well. And the cold stare will also be really representative of his emotionless, sinister self. Topped off with the bloody raincoat and axe, and.... well..... you have a masterpiece....

I think both expressions are just as good as one another (considering the second expression is the cold stare). The screaming head will really stand out in any display and capture his insanity really well. And the cold stare will also be really representative of his emotionless, sinister self. Topped off with the bloody raincoat and axe, and.... well..... you have a masterpiece....

:goodpost::exactly:

Yeah didnt think of it that way, but yes that 1-2 combination of HS could make this a masterpiece. Im getting excited with this project now. Didnt think Denny would go for the crazy ass facial expression

It doesnt matter what the expression, I came here only for a Patrick Bateman...

Simply Irresistible...

The WIP looks really good. I'm hoping for a second HS, the cold stare expression.

Awesome choice! Screams Bateman and can't be mistaken for Wayne. I for one am very happy, it's certainly a challenging sculpt and from the shots so far it looks absolutely epic!

I think giving the sculptors the chance to do the version they want is an excellent idea as they are already invested in it, therefore have more passion for it and ultimately will deliver a high quality, cherished piece of work.

Bravo, I can't wait to see this progress :yess:

Large Picture of The Screaming Head-Sculpt Update I (September 7, 2012)

ieozk3.jpg

Last edited:

Awesome idea for the expression. With this sculpt and the bloody raincoat and axe i think we have a real winner here. Would look really sick on the shelves! Color me excited! Congrats Axe for getting your grail and thanks to Denny for making a bold extreme choice! :clap

Wow that does look great! Really happy for you guys :)

Just saw the first wip little disappointed ill see this though hopefully just not as excited for this after seeing that sculpt.

fully supporting this. i am more excited to see how the artist is looking the character and gives you a note this is iminimes work.
and i'm not understanding all those complains all the time either, everywhere i go, i'm reading complains. why can't we enjoy this hobby just like some time ago, were we loved every possibility to make our figures, that ht or any company haven't done?

i read complains that the sculpts are looking the same with the same neutral expressions all the time, now we're getting a screaming sculpt, and everyone complains about it, that we won't getting a neutral expression.

i'm loving that sculpt, because it looks different to everything else. it will pop out on your shelf like no other figure. why? because it's the only sculpt which will scream, and has a SPOT-ON likeness!

really enough with complains, and just enjoy the work of the artists here and enjoy the work from iminime and those characters we never would have expected from any company!

My argument would swing in favor of the die-hard Bateman fan if it was only 1 sculpt, but its not! It's 2 sculpts. I say make the screaming head the DX and the regular version whatever you guys decide. I wants me a screaming sculpt :yess:

fully supporting this. i am more excited to see how the artist is looking the character and gives you a note this is iminimes work.
and i'm not understanding all those complains all the time either, everywhere i go, i'm reading complains. why can't we enjoy this hobby just like some time ago, were we loved every possibility to make our figures, that ht or any company haven't done?

i read complains that the sculpts are looking the same with the same neutral expressions all the time, now we're getting a screaming sculpt, and everyone complains about it, that we won't getting a neutral expression.

i'm loving that sculpt, because it looks different to everything else. it will pop out on your shelf like no other figure. why? because it's the only sculpt which will scream, and has a SPOT-ON likeness!

really enough with complains, and just enjoy the work of the artists here and enjoy the work from iminime and those characters we never would have expected from any company!

Great post I agree but I'm a little disappointed though no big deal.

Probably get slammed for this but most people on here like to ***** bout everything here like in tv movies ,and dc section .
If this community was like OSW now I'm not saying they don't complain they do they just more mature there .

This is a great hobby what happened to doing a custom and people accept it for what it is ....it's a ****ing toy at the end of the day .

we should be so lucky imagine this was 20 years ago remember the toys back then? I know you guys do( bad likeness bad paint jobs).

What happened to the interest list ?

I LOVE IT!!!! Think about this...how unique would this head sculpt be compared to anything else Bale? I mean sure...it's from a promo poster. But so what? It's still an awesome expression and sets this sculpt apart from anything else. I'm sorry, people can say whatever they want about the hair being different then when he is Bruce Wayne or anything else....but you put a serious or focused looking Bale head sculpt on a figure with a suit and their will be some that will walk up to it and say...oh is this a Bruce Wayne figure? The fans know otherwise sure, but the common friend or relative checking out your collection can make that mistake.

Now you have a figure with this head sculpt, blood splattered in the face holding an axe or wearing the see through raincoat (which is the look I always wanted), there would be NO mistake that this is Bateman and not any other character that Bale has played. Also if they have never seen the film, they would ask... who is he here? They would not assume that it is Bruce Wayne for sure.

Promo or not, this expression captures his insanity perfectly and any fan of the film should accept this sculpt as part of the movie. Promo posters, box covers, theater posters...etc etc is all part of the movie experience and is welcomed in my book. :peace

I LOVE IT!!!! Think about this...how unique would this head sculpt be compared to anything else Bale? I mean sure...it's from a promo poster. But so what? It's still an awesome expression and sets this sculpt apart from anything else. I'm sorry, people can say whatever they want about the hair being different then when he is Bruce Wayne or anything else....but you put a serious or focused looking Bale head sculpt on a figure with a suit and their will be some that will walk up to it and say...oh is this a Bruce Wayne figure? The fans know otherwise sure, but the common friend or relative checking out your collection can make that mistake.

Now you have a figure with this head sculpt, blood splattered in the face holding an axe or wearing the see through raincoat (which is the look I always wanted), there would be NO mistake that this is Bateman and not any other character that Bale has played. Also if they have never seen the film, they would ask... who is he here? They would not assume that it is Bruce Wayne for sure.

Promo or not, this expression captures his insanity perfectly and any fan of the film should accept this sculpt as part of the movie. Promo posters, box covers, theater posters...etc etc is all part of the movie experience and is welcomed in my book. :peace

Very well said the more I look at the sculpt it's starting to grow on me .

Totally stupid choice of expression. And quite frankly I don't get it as we were told to vote for expression and this wasn't even on there, slight smile amd smile I believe we're winning.

I know Denny's team will do a bang up job but clearly the democracy of this whole thing is being avoided.

Anyways I hope it's Just a second DX head because If so that's truely awesome.

Back