Hicks and Apone 2nd chance

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why a maximum of 2 ?

Why was that policy instigated ?

Why not 1 ?

If your doing limited runs of figures, why make a policy that potentially halves the the amount being spread about

If youve got 1976 figures

Your potentially just selling them to 988 purchasers leaving 988 collectors out !

We've always had that policy - if it's not an Exclusive, it's a limit of 2 (unless it's bobble heads or catalogs - then sometimes it's 99 ;))

Some places don't have limits at all. 2 is a pretty low number - again darned if we do, darned if we don't. Collectors sometimes like to keep two for themselves, as hard as it is to believe - one to open and play with or customize, one to keep boxed in original condition (perhaps in case they mess up the one they're customizing :lol). Or one to give as a Christmas gift, etc.

This item has ALWAYS had a limit of 2, from the moment it began pre-ordering years ago. Why would that all of a sudden change?

Only a small percentage of customers usually end up buying 2 :duff

Why a maximum of 2 ?

Why was that policy instigated ?

Why not 1 ?

If your doing limited runs of figures, why make a policy that potentially halves the the amount being spread about

If youve got 1976 figures

Your potentially just selling them to 988 purchasers leaving 988 collectors out !

It wasn't an exclusive item or limited edition with a set number... Sideshow usually allows 2 of these type of products, this one being no different. And remember, Sideshow didn't produce these, they just imported and distributed them, and as Dusty as mentioned, these didn't sell that quickly when first put up for order, so from a business standpoint, allowing 2 was a smart move.

EDIT: Dusty beat me to it!

They made the Battle-Damaged Predator 2 and the Robocop 3 with Flight Pack after making earlier versions of the same characters. Hot Toys supposedly renewed the Aliens license while grabbing all the other Alien movie licenses as well.

You never know, maybe they'll make a Hicks with beaten up armor and alternate acid burnt face.

I'm not saying it's likely, but at least the people who weren't able to get one earlier will have something to hope for and the people that paid a thousand dollars for one will have something to possible be po'ed about.

They made the Battle-Damaged Predator 2 and the Robocop 3 with Flight Pack after making earlier versions of the same characters. Hot Toys supposedly renewed the Aliens license while grabbing all the other Alien movie licenses as well.

You never know, maybe they'll make a Hicks with beaten up armor and alternate acid burnt face.

I'm not saying it's likely, but at least the people who weren't able to get one earlier will have something to hope for and the people that paid a thousand dollars for one will have something to possible be po'ed about.

Yes, that is a very real possibility! It is not uncommon for the Japanese and other Asian companies to release variations of previously released figures. In fact, on the PVC figure side, it is almost a given there will be multiple versions of popular figures, usually repaints.

At first, yes! They may raise it if they, errrr.... sit in the warehouse too long. :D

Sounds reasonable

I like many others would loved to have picked these up

couldnt afford them 1st time round (only Vasquez), thought Id be able to pick them up further down the line

Obviously I was mistaken

Just seems that with this type of situation your alienating Europe, first come first served . . . if your not asleep :(

Realise theres no easy, fairer way or one that makes business sense to SSC other than a Newsletter and first come first served announcement

Just a shame for us is all

Well the good news is these type of things do not happen too often, and most of the time they are issued in Express Updates. Imagine if these had been offered through an Express Update... then it would just be whoever received their email first, because I don't think Express Updates come out at a set time or day... Dusty, correct me if I'm wrong (that way I'll know to login and check at the right time! :D)

DUSTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT MY DEAD ORNAMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 i forgot to say my name when a left a message

PLease!!! make it my B-day gift!!!! PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUSTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WANT MY DEAD ORNAMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2:monkey2 i forgot to say my name when a left a message

PLease!!! make it my B-day gift!!!! PLZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As the Podcast said, "If you didn't leave you contact info... well, next time you better!" (paraphrased) :lol

So "Exclusives" are limited to 1 purchase ?

Yes, normally items that you can only order direct from Sideshow (ie: can't get from a retailer... 'Sideshow Exclusives') are limited to 1 at the beginning... all the Star Wars Exclusives, etc.

'Regular' editions, which are also available from retailers and international distributors, are normally limited to 2. There ARE special cases, where if something has been IN-STOCK for quite a while and is not moving fast, that we raise the limit to a higher number for Exclusives, but we've never lowered 'regular' editions to smaller limits on our site. What would be the point? People can get them from retailers or distributors anyway when they begin pre-ordering (such as these Hot Toys Aliens items) so what's to stop people from getting, like, 10 in the beginning, all from different places? We have more control over Exclusives, as we are typically the only ones to sell them (other than in rare cases of 'Domestic' exclusives, which are only available direct from Sideshow in the U.S., but are sold to international distributors... whew!).

Sometimes those very retailers/distributors are watching eBay and holding back some stock to sell for higher prices than SRP as soon as the Secondary market goes nuts (as it obviously did with this one) - but normally they don't use their store name on eBay so it's sometimes impossible to tell if it's an official retailer or a private seller. Of course, that's a dangerous game to play - as any 'flipper' can tell you ;) - because there's no guarantee that ANYTHING will raise in value, and they may end up LOSING money instead. Some people got lucky with this one it seems. Ah, the glory of eBay.

It's like the stock market, re-selling collectibles.

And thus ends today's lesson - I've probably said too much and bored you all anyway :lol

One day the Van Helsing PF will have a demand like this and the same thing will happen. People will be flippin Mr. Helsing for $1000 or more....he may be worthless now but just wait.... :lol:lol:rotfl

Even the special one legged version will bring in tons of fat cash. No one will care as long as they get this awesome PF on their shelves! IT was such an awesome movie! Totally just wet myself thinking about the awesomeness of this PF and the billions I am going to make off of this. :monkey5

8906589a.jpg

Even the special one legged version will bring in tons of fat cash. No one will care as long as they get this awesome PF on their shelves! IT was such an awesome movie! Totally just wet myself thinking about the awesomeness of this PF and the billions I am going to make off of this. :monkey5

Well, to be fair, the PF is awesome!!! Just because the movie wasn't so hot, doesn't mean the PF is not well done and looks great!

I can perfectly understand the anger this caused. It should've been limited to one, and some of the Sideshow staff being the bunch of collectors that they are, should've known that.

I think very lowly of people who bought these just to scalp.

And if Sideshow really wants to remedy this situation, they should encourage Hot Toys to do a second run of Hicks, even as a limited variant, since it's very much in demand.

They should also encourage them to do some of the other unmade Colonial Marines, Bishop, and the pilot while they're at it.
Maybe we should come up with a couple of petitions for Hot Toys?

Back