Orrimaarko; AKA Pruneface: Done 3/20/11!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: WIP Orrimaarko; AKA Pruneface

Nice, thats a good idea, I think I may do the same thing, it looks like it will be easier to give the eye patch part a good shape.

That was my thinking... I'm not real adept at using materials in 1/6 and I figured this way I'd have a patch that could be molded to the eye and then use the straps to hold it in place.

The whole thing is held together with superglue :lol

great job. i remember when i was a kid and first saw the pruneface figure on the store peg, for the life of me i couldnt remember seeing him in the movie LOL. of course i bought him anyway and i thought it was really cool that he came with a new weapon that i hadnt seen with any of my previous SW figs.

Thanks Astro :duff

The figure is still a WIP as I'm in Vivisects work queue. I'm very excited to finish this guy off as like you I have strong memories of the toy (not really the film character) from when I was a kid :rock

Well that's odd... all my images disappeared?

EDIT
So I went back and added the images back in... not sure what happened, but they seem to be working how.

Anyway, this is a close-up of what I did for the eyepatch:
prunefacefina.jpg

You did an awesome job on that headsculpt man!
I remember loving this figure when I was a kid.

Thanks Astro :duff

The figure is still a WIP as I'm in Vivisects work queue. I'm very excited to finish this guy off as like you I have strong memories of the toy (not really the film character) from when I was a kid :rock

Pruneface gear will be on is way very shortly GB, it just seems as soon as I think I have a lot of time to do stuff I want or get stuff shipped out, something else comes up. :banghead

Anyhow you, Duane and Mark will definitely be getting packages this week that will have pruneface stuff in them. :)

That's awesome!

Really no worries on my end about time... I never complain about waiting for quality. About to send you a PM :duff

I realized I totally forgot to post the pictures of the finished Prune Face capes and vests. So here they are.

The cape has a wired hood so it can be shaped to look good with with either the hood up or down, and the 4 pockets on each side were sized to fit a standard piece of model sprue/tree since it seemed like an easy thing to make the doodads out of, it basically the diameter of a SS light saber. The cape will dye very easy if needed using normal dye or colored with just a bit of acrylic paint mixed into water to make it camouflaged. Also keep in mind the one in this picture wasn't futzed or water treated and such like the prototype cape, also taking a bit of very fine sand paper to both sided before coloring it will loosen it up a lot.

The vest is padded and Velcro's closed on each side so its not noticeable except from the back, and this was the prototype one so the closures on the rest look a bit better from the back. Having the Velcro closure means it should fit any figure body nice and snug, its on a standard older Dragon right now, but the head will have to be off the figure to get it on. Actually the figure it is on now has a big upper chest area, so it will look much nicer on a better body. Also the shirt on him is an old Weequay shirt from my reject bag, so its a bit baggy and seems to throw off the look a bit to me.

The last picture is one of the best reference pictures I could find of a full view of the vest, I think this was reference blueprint used by Kenner or Hasbro if I am not mistaken.

cape06.jpg

cape07.jpg

cape09.jpg

cape08.jpg

cape10.jpg

cape11.jpg

blueprint-pruneface-2.jpg

that looks so great bill! don't forget me when you are ready. thanks again to galactiboy for the sculpt.

That is awesome Bill!!! So excited to see this done :rock :rock

Also looking forward to seeing others completed Pruneface figures :rock

Was ogling this thread the other night. This is excellent work on both counts! Love the poncho Vivisect, and GB your headsculpt is awesome!!! Love how you take these somewhat random characters/figures and really bring them to life in 1/6 format!

top notch Bill!!!
that outfit will really compliment GB's sculpt. Great work to both of you guys!

Thanks everyone :duff

I'm so stoked Bill was willing to take on this project :rock

Pruney's vest & poncho look great Bill.Looking forward to seeing them up close & in person.

You will be very shortly. :)

Then after I sort out who's been on the list for these since they were conceived and who still wants them, any left overs will be up for grabs, which will likely be about 3 of the 9 finished sets at this time.

Just letting every one know that that I am waiting to hear back on a few items, but I do have 2 Prune Face cape & vest sets completely unspoken for and ready to go to anyone interested.

For more info and pictures of the vest & cape go here.
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2819932&postcount=150

If interested send me a PM and I will get right back to you.

Back