Medicom Movie Spiderman 12"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Since I did a search and couldn't find a Medicom Movie Spiderman 12" thread, I figured I'd make one.:D

Does anyone have this figure? So far, I've been searching for it so I could trade for it and Ive been looking for some pics of it, but have come up empty handed on both counts. Can anyone help me(on both counts)?

I think this: Medicom Movie Spider-Man is the only one on ebay right now and it's pretty expensive. I tried to get one of these a couple of years ago when it was selling for around $300 and I thought that was pricey then. I shoulda gotten it, it really is a sweet figure!

spiderman.jpg

Damn! I found one cheaper than that on Evilbay, though not by much.

I heard the only drawback on this one is that the boots aren't made out of the same material as the Comic version's, and that he has none of the 'web-strips' that the other two come with.

If anyone has one(Yeah right) that they'd like to trade, PM me.

Jedi_Knight Rob said:
Hey everyone,

Since I did a search and couldn't find a Medicom Movie Spiderman 12" thread, I figured I'd make one.:D

Does anyone have this figure? So far, I've been searching for it so I could trade for it and Ive been looking for some pics of it, but have come up empty handed on both counts. Can anyone help me(on both counts)?

Oh man, when I saw the title to this thread I figured Medicom had unveiled a Spider-Man 3 figure already:rotfl.

So disappointed right now ha ha.

Anyway the Medicom Spider-Man movie figure is pretty rare these days and the only real way to get your hands on one is to go the often expensive EBay route.

Either that or you could stick around and wait for them to release a figure in conjunction with the new Spider-Man movie. There's speculation about a 2.0 figure, like ESB and ROTJ Vader from Medicom but we're kinda hoping that the symbiote gets made.

If you want regular updates on whats happening with Medicom, you could always check out our Medicom boards, there's a link through my signature below.

We're always chatting about Spider-Man 3 there:lol

Darth Roranous said:
Yep, that auction's the one I was talking about. And agreed.

And sorry about that, Jabba. I'd KILL for one of these, aswell as a Spiderman 3 Black Costume version. So far I have zero Medi's(Overall, because of the price.) in my collection, and am starting to get back into Spiderman again.

I may just sell the stuff I'll trade for it, and just get the money and buy that one of Ebay. Who knows....

I've been a huge Spider-Man fan for the last fifteen years, have you checked out the Medicom Comic Book Spider-Man.

It's pretty nice and you should be able to pick one up much cheaper than the movie version as it's far newer.

If you're an X-Men fan the Medicom Movie Wolverine is absolutely amazing, I got it a few months ago and was blown away by the detail on the costume, it's something else.

JABBATHERIDGE said:
I've been a huge Spider-Man fan for the last fifteen years, have you checked out the Medicom Comic Book Spider-Man.

It's pretty nice and you should be able to pick one up much cheaper than the movie version as it's far newer.

If you're an X-Men fan the Medicom Movie Wolverine is absolutely amazing, I got it a few months ago and was blown away by the detail on the costume, it's something else.
Ive been a big fan since the movie came out in 2002.:D And yep, it looks pretty good, though I haven't found someone that'll trade it or the black version to me, yet.

And very much agreed! Movie Wolverine is one of Medicom's BEST figures! The only drawback is that if you pose him in a crouch, his costume top rides up and leaves a big piece of 'skin' exposed. Other than that, FANTASTIC piece!:D

Yeah, Medicom has no problem releasing the same figure twice - so I'm sure we'll see a Spidey 3 both in the regular and black version.

I do have to say, that despite the lack of ankle movement due to the hard boots, this is one of my favorite Medi figures.

The ill Jedi said:
I think this: Medicom Movie Spider-Man is the only one on ebay right now and it's pretty expensive. I tried to get one of these a couple of years ago when it was selling for around $300 and I thought that was pricey then. I shoulda gotten it, it really is a sweet figure!

spiderman.jpg
Holy Hell I didn't know it went for that much! If I could get $500 for mine I'd definitely sell it. :drool
Glad I kept it in mint in box.
For that kind of scratch I could buy many of the 1/6 figures that are missing in my collection that I'd much rather have then Movie Spidey.
If I sold it on Ebay, how much do you think it would go for?

hmm, from the pics i've seen, i don't think this movie version looks that good. the comic version rocks tho, and the symbiote. anyone have better pics of this movie version?

screamingmetal said:
Holy Hell I didn't know it went for that much! If I could get $500 for mine I'd definitely sell it. :drool
Glad I kept it in mint in box.
For that kind of scratch I could buy many of the 1/6 figures that are missing in my collection that I'd much rather have then Movie Spidey.
If I sold it on Ebay, how much do you think it would go for?
Would you entertain a trade for it? I'm pretty desperate for one right now.

Jedi_Knight Rob said:
Would you entertain a trade for it? I'm pretty desperate for one right now.
The prospect of $500 was what sparked my interest. If it's not going for that much then I feel I'd much rather keep it. I bought mine for $178, so $300 doesn't seem all too much of an increase in value. And that $500 would just make a dent in the figures I'm missing.
I'm missing out on the Jabba Base, Jabba himself, Hot Toys Firefighter Trainee, Hot Toys GIGN Operator, Hot Toys ED-209, HT Robocop, HT Aliens Colonial Marine Vasquez, HT Predators Elder and Chopper, HT Alien, Medicom Jack Sparrow.... etc.
So you'll probably have an easier time then I will finding a Spidey for around $300.

Mookeylama said:
hmm, from the pics i've seen, i don't think this movie version looks that good. the comic version rocks tho, and the symbiote. anyone have better pics of this movie version?
I completely agree, I like the Comic version much more then I like the movie version. If I was looking for either one I'd go for the Comic version and forget about the Movie one.

i'd just wait for a spiderman 3 version. IMO this figure is cool, but could be much better. i've only seen limited pictures of it so i cant be 100% on this one. however, i plan on buying every figure and version that is released for the new movie.:D

Here are some pics that I saved a while back from an evilbay seller.

It is not bad, but not worth $300 either. I myself like comic version more, and I am looking forward Medicom, Hot Toys or maybe Takara make a better version for Spiderman 3.

spider1.jpg

spider2.jpg

spider3.jpg

spider6.jpg

spider7.jpg

eww! hopefully Medi or someone will make a better lookin movie Spidey than that. can't say i care much for that Medi Venom either (tho the other alt head looks better), but the medi Carnage rocks.

I had this figure but sold mine. Got a nice profit off of it too. :monkey3

IMO the figure is nowhere near as good as the comic Spidey. The head is horrible and as Dave said the articulation isn't that great. Also he's rather small for a 1:6 figure. Compared to Medicom's other figures I'd rank him way towards the bottom.

He's nowhere near worth what he's going for lately.

Bonehead15 said:
I had this figure but sold mine. Got a nice profit off of it too. :monkey3

IMO the figure is nowhere near as good as the comic Spidey. The head is horrible and as Dave said the articulation isn't that great. Also he's rather small for a 1:6 figure. Compared to Medicom's other figures I'd rank him way towards the bottom.

He's nowhere near worth what he's going for lately.
If you don't mind could you PM me what you sold your's for, also did it sell through Ebay?
I'm seriously contemplating selling mine now. I wouldn't mind getting $300 for it because I need the money for figures I have on order.

Back