a medley of metaphorge's multifarious modification

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

metaphorge

Archbishop of Bologna!!!
Reaction score
a medley of metaphorge's multifarious modifications

I hope I'm not showing too much hubris by starting a thread like this here... when I lok at the work that Josh and Glenn and Mikey and Darren and Les and all of you others have posted here and compare it to mine, I feel it comes up short.

I'm not yet much of a painter or a sculptor, but, that said, I do know a few things about electronics and diorama construction and I wield a mean Dremel.

To start off, here's some photos of the scene that brought me to this board in the first place: Jabba's palace.

I textured the walls and floor and made stairs for each end of the throne from styrofoam:

Last edited:

I'm working on developing a self-contained package of all the necessary electronics that can be installed without any electronics work on the receiving end (all someone brave enough to do so would have to do would be the necessary dremeling and painting), but it's been tough to figure out how to make all the connections robust enough to do this.

I heavily modified a Hasbro Jawa to fan Jabba. I added an AC-powered LED into the head (that plugs into the rest of the throne's lighting system)...

...shaped the hood with wire...

...weathered the cloak and constructed the fan....

I still need to paint the fan and complete his bandolier... poor little Jawa, sitting in the background, forgotten.

Last edited:
Of course, what is a Jabba's palace scene without Leia in the chain-mail bikini? So I kitbashed one together using Hasbro head and outfit, a Hot Toys body and BBI Perfect Body hands.

This figure leaves a lot to be desired, especially the head, so I will be making some changes down the road.

Future plans for the Palace include doing some more kitbashing on the Hasbro Lando as Skiff Guard figure and possibly painting (or getting repainted) the Gamorreans. All in all I'm pretty pleased with how it's coming along thus far.

There is, believe it or not, more to my customizing life than just Jabba's palace, so more photos are to come. Thanks for taking a look.

Last edited:
Let me say I am amazed by the mods to Jabba's throne! I just got Jabba ordered and on the way, and I have been using your pics as ideas on what extra Hasbro figs to pick up to complete the palace!
Amazing work, truly impressive!

That is some amazing work! That is a killer display, you should definitely be proud of it!

Going to go a little out of order to a current project here since this subject came up.

Working on a AC-powered Ghost Rider with bike. The bike will definitely be the Marvel Legands Icons version; I'm still debating on whether to bash together a custom based on the head from the Legends figure or get the Medi Ghost Rider and mod it.

In any case, here's what I've done thus far on the Legends head:

where or how did you make that small light piece thing for the skull ?

Nice Job Meta. I'm a big fan of Jabba but haven't grown the cohones to drill holes in the hooka. Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!

I have to admit the lights in the Hooka bowl are genius!!! Makes for a much more realistic display, imo! Great stuff, Meta!:chew

Thanks guys! I wish I had more time to work on these projects, but I'm having trouble getting the time to just post photos of stuff I've already done, much less get going on finishing Ghost Rider.

I'll probably get to him and his bike when I get started on the Tumbler PC casemod, as I'll have the soldering iron out for that....

Here's something brand new: I fiinished my custom Patient Zero/Patient "X":

I figured since he began the plague of The Dead that he should be very bloody and very dirty indeed....

Back