Ghostbusters Bill Murray Ada group commission

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Do you believe in ghosts? The paranormal? Does your apartment have things that go bump in the night? Then WE are ready to believe you!

normal_ghostbusters_405.jpg

This is a sign-up thread to help commission an Ada sculpted 1:6 Bill Murray "Peter Venkman" head from Ghostbusters. Ideally, our goal is to get at least 10 people involved to help pre-pay for the commission, which would make the goal at $35 a person (which includes a portion of her expensive commissioning cost divided, plus a copy of the head for you).

Now, if a TON of people become involved in this, (way past 10), then the price could actually drop really low per person (but that hasn't happened yet in any of the six commissions I've done, but I can always see the potential where that could happen).

Once you pay $35 for your one commissioned head, you can then order extra Bill Murray heads for $15 each.

I've coordinated six :google community funded group commissions on SSF so far to get Ada sculpted heads of the Winchester Brothers from SUPERNATURAL, TALL MAN from PHANTASM, The Fourth Doctor and leela from Doctor Who, and Bishop from Aliens. Her work is AMAZING!

(By taking a list to get as many people in as we can interested, we then divide the cost for the commission among all of us who pre-pay to get it made. Yes, they end up from her on E-bay eventually a bit cheaper, but the point here is that we are the ones who actually get this Venkman head created.)

You can always wait to pay to see the finished head before committing. We generally see the first pics of the head she is working on 2-3 weeks in.

She will paint the head for an additional $10 if you want. Here is an example of her work, though I personally think her painting can be erratic.

Post if you are interested!
Thanks!
-Rick

Examples of Adas work:

HaroldRamisCM-00168qw.jpg

AngusScrimmCM-0201A.jpg

JaredPadalecki-CM-0203-.jpg

Last edited:
Interested:

THE CHRIS HOWES GHOSTBUSTERS COLLECTION

Peter Venkman (regular)

Teabelly83 drilled and painted
*Blind Voyeur
Cryoguns
Charles Hughley
KingGrayskull x2

Peter Venkman (slimed)
Cryoguns
KingGrayskull

Stantz
The Craw
Mudshark
Indiana Fett
Cazafantasma
*Cryoguns
Slade Super Agent
*Tigerfeet
*Spook Nukem x3
*Kgrhoad
Collector49
Drjedismith
Jedimike71
Blind Voyeur
*2000man
*Hollis_DZC
Fly&Night x2
*KingGrayskull x2
Mastermind
Roc74
Serpentor
*Charles Hughey

GB1 Zeddmore
The Craw
ironman1188
Indiana Fett
cryoguns
Slade Super Agent
*tigerfeet
Spook Nukem x3
kgrhoad
Collector49
Mudshark
Drjedismith
Jedimike71
Blind Voyeur
*2000man
Hollis_ DZC
Fly&Night x2
Mastermind
*KingGrayskull
Roc74
Serpentor
*Charles Hughey

GBII ZEDDMORE
*KingGrayskull

Egon
metaphorge
Mudshark
The_Craw (GB1/either)
Indiana fett
cazafantasma
cryoguns (GB1), (GBII tentative)
Slade Super Agent (GB1/either)
tigerfeet ($10 credit for GB1 version)
Spook Nukem (GB1 x3)
*Kgrhoad (GB1)
Collector49
Drjedismith
Jedimike71 (GB1)
Blind Voyeur (if GB1)
*2000man (GB1)
Bcm77 (GB1/either)
Fly&Night x2
*KingGrayskull (both)
Roc74 (Egon1)
Serpentor
*Charles Hughey

LOUIS TULLY
Mudshark
2000man
Jedimike71
KingGrayskull

PROTON PACK THREADS

WAVE ONE
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37059

ALL 50 (51) PACKS NOW PAID FOR!

%Slade Super Agent x4 PAID
%Figuremaster Les PAID
%mudshark x4 PAID
%the_craw x4 PAID
%kgrhoad x4 PAID
%darkartist81 PAID
%Roc74 PAID
%miketek PAID
%Cazafantasma x2 PAID
%cryoguns x4 PAID
%drjedisith x 4 PAID
%Spook Nukem x10 PAID

WAVE TWO (current)
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39016

GB OUTFIT
WST x4
LES x1
Mr Barlow x4
Kgrhoad x4
Spawnfan x1
Tigerfeet x4
Mudshark x4
King Grayskull X10
Monkeydad16 x1
SladeSuperAgent x4
Vujk x4
Roc74 x4
Serpentor x4
2000man x4
Collector49 x4
Migwit x1
Jedimike71 x4
Charles Hughley x4

ALICE PACKS
WST x4
Mr. Barlow x4
Kgrhoad x4
Spawnfan x1
Tigerfeet x4
Mudshark x4
King Grayskull X10
Monkeydad16 x1
SladeSuperAgent x4
Vujk x4
Roc74 x4
Cryoguns x3
Serpentor x4
2000man x4
Collector49 x4
Spook Nukem x8
Migwit x1
Jedimike71 x4
Charles Hughley x3

completed- Ada Venkman head

%*Slade Super Agent
%*Figuremaster Les
%*Captain Britain (painted)
%*Mudshark x2
%*The Craw
%*Monkeydad 16 (painted)
%*Migwit
%*kgrhoad
%*Darkartist81
%*Roc74 x2
%*cryoguns
%*spawnfan (painted)
%*tigerfeet
^*DLS712
%*Spook Nukem x3 (1 painted)
%*Collector49
%*Drjedisith
%*2000man
%*Hollis_DZC
%*KingGrayskull x2

Venkman Wave 2
*Blind Voyeur
Fly&Night x2
Metaphorge (will be late)
ZedX9er
Andyhel (maybe)
Ryan1982 (maybe)
Kuzeh (depending on final likeness)
Indiana Fett
ironman1188
superdoug (pending likeness)
Aerosmith (?)
cazafantasma
Jedimike71
abadguy (?)
BCM77

Last edited:
Alright. I just joined the Ghostbusters Fan board and reposted WST's first message there to gauge interest b/c the dude selling the packs is also posting there too. I see this blowing up rather quick Freaks and if everything falls in place, we may 1/6 Venkmans very soon! :rock

I would be interested but I don't see it being easy to complete the rest of the figure. I look forward to seeing some awesome customs from those who order though!

I'm interested definitely! How hard would it be to get an accurate jumpsuit?

I'm definitely interested. Did you have any particular photos in mind for Ada to work from?

The moment where he says 'Okay, so, she's a dog' would do me fine.

I would be interested but I don't see it being easy to complete the rest of the figure. I look forward to seeing some awesome customs from those who order though!

Really? I think after we have sculpts and the pack, the hardest thing to do will be the suit, but there a ton of jumpsuits out there. We may hafta dye/bleach one the right color, but I don't think it would be too hard. After that, what? Gloved hands, boots, elbow pads, knee pads, a web belt, and red and black name tags.

suit.jpg

Here's the suit plan where I found the above image:
https://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/7451/html/suitplan.html

As far as likeness goes--I'm probably alone in wanting the trademark Murray smirk with the eyebrows up:
BillMurray1.jpg

This is a little more traditional:
Ghostbusters_300x298.jpg

venkmanlive.jpg

And a nice shot of the suit:
424332831_4cd7fb71db.jpg

I'd love to customize some Ghostbusters,
but as much as I love those protonpacks, if the price isn't considerably lower, I wouldn't be able to afford it.
As for the Murray Head, count me in, but I'd like to see pics of the progress!!

I'd be interested in this depending on how many peole get involved so we can keep the costs down. Both on the pack and the head.
-Ryan

G'day William Shatners Toupee

Well done for getting this off the ground. :clap

I was lucky enough to get my hands on the previous Supernatural heads, and the work on these was fantastic.

Count me in for one of the Bill Murray sculpts.

sladesuperagent: Keep us informed of the proton packs. I would be up for one to go with Venkman :rock

I'd also be intrested in one head and a proton pack depending on the final costs.

"A surprise party? FOR ME? You shouldn't have!"

I feel like Bill Murray at the end of Stripes. I get back from my Flashback Weekend Horror con to not only find we ALREADY have 10 people after just two days for this, but Slade SA has gotten us hooked up with an AMAZING proton pack/GB tech equipment source. You guys all JUST ROCK SO MUCH!

Let me answer a few straggling questions I've been getting in my PM's and on here.

Will we do the rest of the GB crew with a Stantz and Zedmore?

We're all steering this boat. If you guys want them, we get them. :)
Trust me, I'm GB nerdy enough that for a sequel, I always wanted Adam Sandler in a suit, and I half want to get a head of him made just so I could do that! (Particularly if we can get tech!)

Bills Expression

I agree comical, not serious. I spent many hours trying to dig up deep reference for him, and went through two GB photo capture sites as well, and GOOD ref pics with the right expression were really hard. That Stripes pic is by FAR the best one I kept finding, and as long as it has the vote with you guys, that's definitely the one I'd want to run with. :)

UNIFORMS
Once I bought Adas Egon head, I started buying uniforms. Saturday Toys sells "Prison Break" prison jumpsuits in a variety of colors, including Tan/Khaki.
Here's a quick throw-together using it nowhere near finished. It's bulky, so you really need a web belt tightening the waist.

gbsuit.jpg

You'll see this one uses the old And-gor Venkman head on it. Mine doesn't look great. It's like a 15th generation cast I'm sure, and it shows. It's just time for us to make a better one!

venkmanhead.jpg

PRICE
We have 11 freakin' potentially interested people in the head in one weekend!!! That's awesome! If we got 20 people onboard with him, that would bring it to $25 a head per person (paying for part of the commission and getting a copy), which may be doable. Spread the word!

Last edited:
i may be interested but the costume part scares me. i want the figures to be as accurate as possible. what gloves and boots are those? what about a ghostbusters logo for the sleeve?

Just so everyone knows, after a few more PM's, I added Stantz, Zedmore, and Egon on there as well. I do not want to break people financially or leave any one out of this by ordering to many heads at once, so I won't, but since people are telling me who else they'd want, I figured I'd keep a list posted to encourage others to see it and join in to get those heads cheaper when we get to them.

Also, if everyone is going to suddenly need an Egon now (if they haven't bought one from her yet), since he's pre-sculpted, I'll ask her about giving us a deal on him if enough people still need him.

i may be interested but the costume part scares me. i want the figures to be as accurate as possible. what gloves and boots are those? what about a ghostbusters logo for the sleeve?

Understandable. First off, and forgive me if you know this (I'm sure there are many who don't), there are a ton of 1:6 stores out there on-line that part out figures and their accessories, clothes, weapons, stands, etc, so particularly when you want to kit-bash a modern figure, you have a LOT of costuming parts to choose from. Boots and gloves are the easiest things to find. You can even find real 1:6 material gloves to tuck into one of their belts if you want to, night vision goggles, walkie talkies, and the like.

The only thing I would suggest is buying multiples of whatever equipment you buy times however many GB's you plan on making, so they all have the same boots, gloves, etc. I had my boots and gloves sitting around, so I can't tell you what they were from particularly anymore.

For the logos and embroidered name tags, I found the logos online, shrunk them in photoshop, then planned to print them out onto transfer paper. I just made the name tags in photoshop too. When I get them printed (I had to have a friend do it, along with transfers for other 1:6 projects), I'll post pics if it looks good, and if so, will post the graphics on here.

Did anyone have any other plans for the badges/logos I didn't think of?

Back