Lifesize han in carbonite 1:1 illusive concepts review and gallery

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lightwave000

Super Freak
Reaction score
This thread is dedicated to one of the most amazing collectibles of all time showcasing one of the most famous scenes in cinema History!

I am of course referring to that of Han Solo being put in a carbon freezing chamber and frozen in Carbonite at the end of Star Wars-The Empire Strikes Back and resurrected in The Return of the Jedi. This is a piece I have wanted for years. Then a new local theater aquired one and had it mounted to the wall in the bar area. It looked so cool. Many in the forums have mentioned they all have a favorite "Grail" piece that they either want or have. This is mine.

Way back in 1996 a little company called Illusive Originals (a.k.a Illusive Concepts) got the license to recreate this famous movie prop. The were able to accomplish this feat with the utmost accuracy and realism by getting to make a mold off the original screen used prop from Star Wars! The paint job even makes the piece look cold and wet as if a frozen block.

Using the same materials and paint process, each piece took approx 5 days to complete. Although the edition size was limited to 2500, it is rumored that only about 1500 were made since the company went out of business before they could all be produced. This is simply a rumor so if anyone has a numbered piece above 1500 let me know. To this day I have not seen one higher than 1450.

Released in 1997 these sold like hotcakes for the retail price of $750-$900. Today you are lucky to find one in good condition for $3000-7000. Then, unless you find one with the original box and padding you must have it custom crated and add a rather substantial shipping charge. Ebay is your best shot at finding one of these pieces unless you do what I did.

I posted that I was looking for one of these and freak board member "ThePlasmaInfusion" pointed me in the direction of the Rebelscum forums and I found someone with one for sale. We quickly made a deal and within a couple weeks it arrived at my door step. The following are pictures more in depth of this piece than anywhere on the internet. They show detailed photos of this piece and the process of taking it out of the box and putting it in my room on a custom base. The first youtube review of this piece for the curious will be up soon so check back!

VIDEO REVIEW

<object width="640" height="505"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/Bk-9cKHsT40&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/Bk-9cKHsT40&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="505"></embed></object>

DSC_0169.jpg

DSC_0170.jpg

DSC_0171.jpg

DSC_0173.jpg

DSC_0175.jpg

DSC_0176.jpg

DSC_0178.jpg

DSC_0180.jpg

DSC_0182.jpg

DSC_0183.jpg

More Pics, a review, and youtube video review will follow soon. Please let me know any questions or comments you have and feel free to post pics of your lifesize Han in Carbonite. Thanks

Last edited:
HAN_CARBON_2_VGA.jpg

HAN_CARBON_4_VGA.jpg

HAN_CARBON_7_VGA.jpg

HAN_CARBON_8_VGA.jpg

HAN_CARBON_9_VGA.jpg

HAN_CARBON_STAND_2_VGA.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

I was sunburned from being at a golf tournament all day, hence the farmers burn :lol

More Pics, a review, and youtube video review will follow soon. Please let me know any questions or comments you have and feel free to post pics of your lifesize Han in Carbonite. Thanks

This piece is 84" tall and 36" wide. It weighs approx 72lbs and is made of fiberglass, resin, and metallic paint. The only aspect of this piece that is not perfectly movie accurate is the side panels. They were molded off the panel Lando Calrissian fiddled with in the movies. Therefore there is no lightup panels. Some have done a custom and included this but its still amazing none the less just the way they produced it. I really like the wet look it gives. It feels very polished to the touch.

Look Great! Nice to see the box. Look like you got a good one, How are the fingernails?

Ive been looking for a reasonable priced one for years, they just arent available(and are never close by to pick up).

Hollar if anyone is selling...

Even 1/2 way decent fan made ones are too expensive...

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i've wanted one of these for almost 10 years now. just never had the cash/space or been able to find one. looks like a great 1:1 collection you have there with yoda / endo / iron man / han

AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i've wanted one of these for almost 10 years now. just never had the cash/space or been able to find one. looks like a great 1:1 collection you have there with yoda / endo / iron man / han

Thankya thankya. Yeah, I have had my eye on this ever since I found out it existed. If you really want to get one they are out there. Just got to be patient and find the right one.

I got into Sideshow because of Pitu about 2 years ago, if any of you know who Im talking about-if you dont check out https://www.pituvision.com

Now Im pretty much out of room so until I move, its going to be hard to get any more pieces...:lol

Back