Sideshow Freddy Krueger SilentSurfer Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SilentSurfer

Good Enough Never Is!
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I loved the SDCC Exclusive Dream Master Freddy. So much better than the original Freddy, and I even like that one pretty well, but this one just looked like more love was put into the sculpt, even without a perfect paint job.
7320_press05-001.jpg

7320_press04-001.jpg

However, as much as I loved the body of souls they added to the Dream Master, I felt the sculpt of it was not detailed enough to match the face, but it did look right on the older Freddy. I painstakingly swapped the rubber body sleeve from new to old, tore the old version's shirt to get full use of the nicely done piece, and repainted the rubber sleeve a bit to make it match the head better. That's good enough...
HPIM5496.jpg

...but good enough never is, and I wanted the ultimate Freddy to go with my Michael Myers.
FinalMyers.jpg

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=62552

I really love the head sculpt on the DM Freddy, but the body was the old (not at all Freddy) Buck body. I pulled Fred's head, hands, boots, and clothes off and put them on a Slim Truetype. Perfect body for this wussy looking killer. Took some modding to get the head on the plug-style neck connector, the pants were too long, and the sweater was way too baggy, but the hands worked on the Truetype pegs just fine, especially the gloved hand, I was able to cut the bottoms of the pants to the right length because I was shredding the bottoms anyway, and it just so happened that Mezco's piece of crap 12" deluxe was just being released with the perfect, tighter, shorter sweater with movie accurate striping, unlike Sideshow's with too many stripes and weird spacing.
900493.jpg

After retouching the face, and redirecting the eyes, the only thing I felt the need to do now was to give him actual steele blades, so I cut some from a thin sheet of very rigid steele with a Dremel and shaped them to combine hints of both classic and FvJ style blades.

Now I think I have the Ultimate Freddy to display next to Myers.

Check it out
HPIM5478.jpg

Last edited:
HPIM5479.jpg

One other thing I did was straighted his whole index finger to properly achieve this pose.
Freddy_Krueger_Halloween.gif

HPIM5483.jpg

I love how well the Slim TT body captures a Freddy pose. And these pictures seem to capture an unusually large headed Freddy, but it isn't.
HPIM5484.jpg

HPIM5485.jpg

HPIM5488.jpg

But before he meets Mike, he poses for pics with an old frienemy.
HPIM5493.jpg

I liked this Jason best cause he's the one that fought Freddy, he's the biggest version of him, and he basically has the original mask on (different straps). However, I can't accept that mask unless it also has the ax cut in the forehead because he got the ax in his head the same night he got that mask. So I added one with the appropriate positioning between holes just like the actual mask.
HPIM5490.jpg

And it would be silly to have the ax cut in the mask without having the ax wound in the head. I made it look old and dead, yet slightly healed looking.
HPIM5492.jpg

My Three Kings of Horror
HPIM5495.jpg

Thanks to Sideshow, and a little guts, I couldn't be much happier with this portrayel of my childhood boogeymen. Although I can still futz with the edges of Freddy's sweater, the brass on his glove needs to be brighter, and he still needs the perfect hat.

Last edited:
That is ????ing badass! If the stand weren't there to give the scale away, I'd swear it was a real person in a costume. I've been collecting a long time now, and that is, bar none, one the very best customs I've ever seen.

That looks fantastic! You are a beast bro. :rock I have that Freddy and was wondering if I should weather the pants and sweater or just leave it. I am kinda afraid of messing it up. I did fix that ugly fringe at the neck, sleaves and bottom of the sweater that it originaly had to make it more ragid and worn looking. Did you do any sanding on the sweater or pants to weather them?

Dude, I agree.This is the Ultimate Freddy in 12''.Congrats.Best Freddy I ever saw in 1/6 form.Just wow.

You've just been Worm approved.

That is ????ing badass! If the stand weren't there to give the scale away, I'd swear it was a real person in a costume. I've been collecting a long time now, and that is, bar none, one the very best customs I've ever seen.

To hear that is exactly why I do what I do. If you all like it that much, I know that I did it right, and it's all about doing it right cause 'good enough never is', and we deserve to see better being achieved. I love to see what other people do with stuff. Customizers and other artists inspire me to see the potential in something and get it there.

That looks fantastic! You are a beast bro. :rock Did you do any sanding on the sweater or pants to weather them?

The Mezco sweater is already pretty weathered looking. It looks great, but the collar and cuffs are just extra material sewn on top, and it pulls off easily. And I wish I could say the same about the whole sweater. That damn thing was so tight, I literally half-ripped the sleeves off trying to remove it before figuring out how to pop Mezco Freddy's arms out of his sockets. A little sewing with the crazy glue and the sweater was repaired.

The pants I may later weather with sand paper and thinned paint, but for now I just slashed the hell out of the ends with an X-Acto knife and cut off the excessively long strings that left.

Dont put a hat on his head, he's perfect this way...:rock

looks even better than the PF (and The Freddy PF is one of my all time favorite Sideshow statue)

:drool :drool :drool :drool

What a work of art - it's stunning! Congrats on creating such an awesome piece. :rock

I do custom commissions. All I need for this is the Dream Master Freddy, the Mezco 12" Deluxe Freddy, and a Hot Toys Slim Body Truetype. And some grinding bits for my Dremel. Shaping the steele blades wears them out pretty fast.

Back