Sideshow Freddy Krueger SilentSurfer Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The new sweater and the slim TT are badass all by themselves but the new head repaint is just sick!
icon14.gif
:rock

Sorry for the delay in pics. I am doing a Photoshop to show a future modification to the Furnace Environment, but here is one shot of Freddy with the Furnace and weathered pants and his bones.

HPIM5508.jpg

I plan to hollow out the bottom of the Furnace, make a bit of an interior with burning coals, and light it up. That will take a while, so I'm just Photoshopping that for now. More pics to come...

That's hardcore buddy! I wish I picked up the furnace when it was available now. Looks great! Can't wait to see it all finished.

hey Silentsurfer! I was also considering fixing up my sideshow Freddy (The first one- I like the smiling headsculpt) by putting his clothes and head on a narrow TT body and using that sweater from the other figure- I'm happy to see that it looks great. However, you wrote that getting the head on the body was a bit of a problem. I'm not much of a customizer/kitbasher so anything involving modifying heads creeps me out. And you said that the pants don't quite fit. Can't you just use leg extensions that came with lots of figures back in the day, or are they not compatible?

Your figure really looks great!

hey Silentsurfer! I was also considering fixing up my sideshow Freddy (The first one- I like the smiling headsculpt) by putting his clothes and head on a narrow TT body and using that sweater from the other figure- I'm happy to see that it looks great. However, you wrote that getting the head on the body was a bit of a problem. I'm not much of a customizer/kitbasher so anything involving modifying heads creeps me out. And you said that the pants don't quite fit. Can't you just use leg extensions that came with lots of figures back in the day, or are they not compatible?

Your figure really looks great!

Yeah, it was a bit of a pain. The head doesn't just pop off of Sideshow figures like they do on Hot Toys. The older Sideshow's are permanently attached, but with enough force can be pulled off. Once the head is off you will see that you also need to take out the connecting plug from the head. That too does not come out like a Hot Toys figure, but heating the neck up does help. Once the head sculpt is free, it still doesn't partner up with the HT neck plug right. I had to use a rod, putty, and glue to keep it on and be strong enough to pop off HT style.

The first version head I didn't think was as accurately or lovingly sculpted as the Dream Warriors version, but with a better paint job, it would probably still look great. I'd love to see somebody do this with that one.

As for the pants, I didn't want to make him taller to make the pants fit. The whole reason I used the Slim body to begin with was because it is slightly shorter than most 12", and I wanted to capture Freddy's smaller stature next to Jason and Michael. I just cut the ends of the pants off above the folded cuff, used an X-Acto blade to shred the ends, and cut off the long strings left hanging. I also tried dying the pants, but it didn't take, so I ended up using very watered down black and gray mixture paint to darken them.

Back