Sideshow Freddy Krueger SilentSurfer Style

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You've got Freddy perfect in 1/6 scale!!!:rock:rock The expression is more like Robert Englund, very realistic

Very Impressive job on your Freddy. I was thinking of using the Mezco sweater on my Freddy as well. It sad that the whole figure sucks but the sweater is so good. You really did capture Freddy with that custom and the TT slim is perfect for him.

If you could trim/grind off the strap and some of the brim, I think the Indy hat might actually work:
Nphoto2.JPG
nightmare3presskit03.jpg
https://www.thehorrormuseum.com/nightmareonelmstreet.htm
That does look pretty good actually. With a bit of customizing it could work.

And Silentsurfer, one thing that would make your Freddy better is if you dirtied up the sweater. I was just customizing mine thanks to your influence, and I researched pics of the sweater. It is quite dirty looking and so I made mine dirty. You're the master though so you don't need to take my advice. Just throwing it out there for ya. :duff

And Silentsurfer, one thing that would make your Freddy better is if you dirtied up the sweater. I was just customizing mine thanks to your influence, and I researched pics of the sweater. It is quite dirty looking and so I made mine dirty. You're the master though so you don't need to take my advice. Just throwing it out there for ya. :duff

I don't mind suggestion at all. Keep them coming. The Sideshow sweater is pretty clean, but the Mezco one actually comes dirtied up. It may not be obvious in the pics, but it looks great in person. It could be slightly dirtier perhaps, and maybe I'll get to that.

I was thinking of using the Mezco sweater on my Freddy as well.

Be very carefull getting it off the Mezco body if you use it. The stitching is very weak, and the sweater is too tight to pass the shoulders unless you manage to pop the arms out of socket (not easy) and pull them out first. The armpits on mine tore open on both sides, and I had to glue stitch them back together. Thankfully that worked.

Amazing Freddy!

I'm actually in the process of making my own Freddy at the moment, most of the recipe is the same (slim TT, dream warriors sculpt), however I bought some new pants for him that fit better. I was already wondering if the Mezco sweater would fit him, and I have to say it looks great! Did you buy the whole fig or somehow got hold of one seperately? I also really dislike the SS one, but don't know how to get the Mezco one without getting the whole fig (which would be quite expensive). Your repaint on the head looks great too, the eyes make such a big difference.
About the neck plug, what did you use exactly? I've thried a regular HT neck plug, but the neck seemed way too long IMO. Currently I'm using a small plug that was left over when modding a long TT neck plug for a Jason custom, but the head just rests on it at the moment, haven't glued it or anything.
The steel blades look great too, I guess I'll have to go to a hardware store and look for some steel sheets that I can cut to size. What dremel tool did you use?

BTW, did you photoshop the scarring on the arm in this pic or did you sculpt/paint those too? Looks like you copy/pasted a part of the burned flesh from his left hand, but I'm not sure.
Freddy's home...
LitFurnace.jpg

Sorry for all the questions, it's just that this custom looks so perfect, and I'd like my Freddy to look as similar to this one as possible. :D

Good eye. Yes, the right forearm scarring is stamped from the left hand in this photo because too much of the smooth TT arm was showing.

Yes, I bought the whole damn Mezco figure just for the sweater. That's how badly I wanted the perfect Freddy.

With that mouth expression it just didn't seem right not to have the classic sideways stare in the eyes.

The bit I used for Dremelling the blades was a round cutting disk to make strips, and then I used the sanding bands (look like dime diameter sized round sandpaper bits).

The neck is using the TT plug connector, but I had to fill the neck with putty and use a rod into the head to make it stay on well enough to remove from the figure body if need be.

Hope that helps, and good luck.

Good eye. Yes, the right forearm scarring is stamped from the left hand in this photo because too much of the smooth TT arm was showing. Yes, I bought the whole damn Mezco figure just for the sweater. That's how badly I wanted the perfect Freddy. With that mouth expression it just didn't seem right not to have the classic sideways stare in the eyes. The bit I used for Dremelling the blades was a round cutting disk to make strips, and then I used the sanding bands (look like dime diameter sized round sandpaper bits). The neck is using the TT plug connector, but I had to fill the neck with putty and use a rod into the head to make it stay on well enough to remove from the figure body if need be. Hope that helps, and good luck.
Could you help me out a bit? I tried weathering my pants using watered down black paint and it didn't show up when it dried. And I'm afraid if I add less water to the paint that it will look too much like paint on the pants. Any advice would be great. :duff

Same thing was happening when I did it too. Just keep going. I used a blowdryer to dry them quickly to see what progress I was making, and then I would go again with the watered down black and grays. Just use a little more paint each time and focus more and more on areas that you want dirtier. At some points, like the bottom of the pants, they almost look totally black while they were wet, but dried perfectly. Use a large brush and randomly dab all over, moreso where you want it darkest. Build it up in layers. Don't try to get it perfect all at once. Real stains take time to build up. Do the same in 1/6.

Same thing was happening when I did it too. Just keep going. I used a blowdryer to dry them quickly to see what progress I was making, and then I would go again with the watered down black and grays. Just use a little more paint each time and focus more and more on areas that you want dirtier. At some points, like the bottom of the pants, they almost look totally black while they were wet, but dried perfectly. Use a large brush and randomly dab all over, moreso where you want it darkest. Build it up in layers. Don't try to get it perfect all at once. Real stains take time to build up. Do the same in 1/6.
Yeah, exactly. I was using a blow dryer also. Thanks for the tips. Can't wait to try it out.

Yeah thanks, that helps a lot. :) About the pants, in case you're interested, here's a pic of my current Freddy wearing the ones I bought (they aren't weathered yet though):
Freddy4.png
And with the original pants for comparison (already shortened):
Freddy5.png
Those look great. Very nice. Did you dye them or did they come that color?

Agonistes86, nice find on the pants. They look perfectly accurate. My only problem with them is that they don't hang long enough and cover the shoes a bit like this.

HPIM5499.jpg

HPIM5508.jpg

I know this isn't actually accurate, but I like this look better than the cleaner bottoms. It doesn't make much sense to me that his sweater is so ragged, but the pants look newer. I probably would have used those pants if I had known about them before doing mine though.

freddy-1.jpg

Back