Possible PREDATOR Action Figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sabres21768

Super Freak
Reaction score
Saw this post over at The Hunter's Lair.

Could this be NECA getting ready to release the original Predator in action figure form?

Damn I hope so!

https://www.thehunterslair.com/index.php?showtopic=15666

"Hello, I'll get right to the point.

The only reason I signed up here is because I am sculpting parts of a PREDATOR ACTION FIGURE from P1 for a major toy company and I REALLY need as much reference on the plasmacaster as possible. Really, if anyone has any authentic castings from original molds of any part of the predator costume that they can photograph and show me, post them in the reference section where I have a similar post or write to me at [email protected].

I really want this figure to be as accurate as possible, perfect to the eye and this place seems like the best place to go.

We need to complete the figure as soon as possible, so I wish I found this place earlier, but I would really value authentic images of the classic predator especially focusing on the plasmacaster, gauntlets, backpack and technology.

Some of the costumed guys who appear at comiccon have very near-accurate looking shoulder guns, any chance any of those are from original molds? (I know it's not likely)

in this thread you see shoulder cannon pictures and I am wondering if the final image of the blue casting is trustworthy. I understood the thread to say that that is an ADI attempt to recreate the original, NOT a casting of the original?

Thanks for your help!"

Although I still love the McFarlane one, a new version wouldn't hurt. I remember being pretty excited reading an interview with some NECA guy a couple years ago in ToyFare when they did a feature on the AvP:R figures and he seemed really excited to get one done of the original Predator

Very interesting... But also stupid!

How so?
If a sculptor comes to the fans to ask for reference pics to make the figure as accurate as possible, it can only be good IMHO.
Wish Joseph Tsang had had that much respect for the source material when he started sculpting the alien...

And, as far as a major toy company doing P1 goes, yup, that sounds like NECA to me as well, after all Kyle has wanted to sculpt the P1 predator for ages now, it would be really cool if they (NECA) were finally going ahead with it.

:chew

At any rate, can't have enough P1 love!

I hope NECA also grabs the license for Predators and the Alien prequel!

Just joking around my friend. It's a gag from Family Guy.

I'm down for anything Alien and Predator, and mucho respect for the sculptor's devotion. :rock

Excellent. Its hopefully NECA and I hope (although doubt) they're also pursuing Arnie and his special forces team.

So I take it this isn't Kyle doing this?
that's the impression i got. then again, his username Venkman does sound like tankman. just sayin.

in any case, if it's neca, they better not make the unmasked version with a big ugly seam on the face.
it's not THAT expensive/difficult to just sculpt 2 damn heads.

Just joking around my friend. It's a gag from Family Guy.

I'm down for anything Alien and Predator, and mucho respect for the sculptor's devotion. :rock

Oh, I see!
As to MF's question, it might be that Kyle is the lead sculptor and other sculptors do details and gear, kinda like second unit directors. I doubt it very much that Kyle would pass up the opportunity to sculpt the P1 predator. If it is NECA doing this.

The only thing that worries me is that if you're a license holder wouldn't you have better access to choice material?

The guys at NECA are really great with the little details. Kyle worked his ass off on the T2 figures with Sam Lute on the weapons. This poster could be either one of them. I mean look at the damaged stock on the M79 that comes with the Final Battle T-800...I had no idea that happened to it til I saw the accessory!

If NECA gives us Dutch's crew and a 1987 hopefully it will FINALLY silence all the NECA haters.

They are a great company.

They're ok. I never liked how their figures were painted so poorly.

And they wont give us Dutch's crew.

Nope, as awesome as Dutch's crew would be, I don't think the fact that they'd all need unique sculpts and couldn't recycle parts favors getting them, doubt we'd even get Dutch, but even on a 7" figure, without Arnie's likeness it wouldn't be worth it. NECA seems to play the recycle card with these properties. Wolf's sculpt was used for at least 3 figures of Wolf that I know of, most of the parts on the T2 figures were reccyled on each figure, just with paint variations, the Alien and Aliens figures share parts.

Celtic,

You sir are a HATER...thanks for identifying yourself.

Dude they're $15 action figures...the paint job ain't Jonna be perfect.

You wanna talk dissapointing paintjobs? How about the Barack Jones I mean Indiana jones Raiders paint job?

No company is perfect.

If the guy wants plasma caster detail, why doesn't he just find the Hot Toys figure. Looks pretty accurate. Certainly enough for reference.

Celtic,

You sir are a HATER...thanks for identifying yourself.

Dude they're $15 action figures...the paint job ain't Jonna be perfect.

You wanna talk dissapointing paintjobs? How about the Barack Jones I mean Indiana jones Raiders paint job?

No company is perfect.

Ha! I'm a hater? I have over 40 NECA figures in my collection. Some hater I am. ____ off. :lol

People who ever use the term Hater is a moron. I cant stand them. :lol

Back