Possible PREDATOR Action Figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone here ever buy the McFarlane 12inch Predator 1(no bio mask) with mud+log base?.What a POS!, i bought it years ago and the pegs on the base snapped clean off in the feet, the gaunlet blades snapped off easily,its very top heavy for a figure that comes with a small base.Same thing for the 12inch Alien i got from McF, while this one is a little sturdier, it always seemed too top heavy and the knees gave out so easily on this figure.Some day i will dig out the 12inch Pred and glue the blades back and repaint him maybe.

Well, he's responded to my questioning of his authenticity.

Here's his response.

Some Person said:
Well, I imagine when Kyle was openly discussing the project on the Hive it was already officially announced.

Ok.. that makes sense.

Some Person said:
What would get me in trouble is this project hasn't been (Announced Yet)

Um.. Wait..

Some Person said:
and these announcements are timed and revealed in a planned way that I don't want to screw up.

So just to get this straight: Going on a public forum and starting a thread entitled: "SCULPTING OFFICIAL PREDATOR FIGURE, need original mold casting reference for accuracy" while asking members of said public forum for reference material for something you're sculpting stating that "something" being sculpted is "a PREDATOR ACTION FIGURE from P1 for a major toy company" = Okay.

But stating what company = Screw Up!?

:duh

----------------------------------------------

I know. But I cant think of anyone really.

I can't either. :confused:

Disregarding the fact that I think it's all BS: Is it possible that it's another 12" version of P1 from McFarlane Toys?

OR..

Is it possible that this "major toy company" is really a small, virtually unknown company i.e. it's just an exaggeration of the truth? I've met wanna be Rap Artist who say they're signed to a major label when in reality they're part of a really small indy label that doesn't mean ish. :lol

It happens. Delusions of Grandeur.

Last edited:
Well, if it is't NECA I'll be very disappointed, I know Kyle has been wanting to sculpt this figure for ages and he has the passion to do it as accurately as possible.

I have the HT's Predator and it's a great figure. The only thing is it could be a better sculpt and should be for what it cost. It's much ike the Alien being it's in the ball park but not as accurate as you would think. Too cool this guy wants to get it right. Predator one is just the coolest but it must be very hard to sculpt it accurate. The MCFarlane figure is way down the hill for what they should have put out. Sad really.

Hey Kyle!

any more hints about what you're working on Terminator related? Possibly Alien related?

Well, I really wish it was you guys at NECA doing it.

But, since it's not...now you can concentrate on making an accurate ALIEN3 figure! :D

HINT! HINT!

Yes I know you want it but we don't have the license right now. The Alien stuff sells very well and maybe one day we'll do it. For me I'd like to have the queen next. If it were up to me we would do all of them. As a huge Predator fan I got to see my figure get trashed when I sent it in for Toy Fair at McFarlane. It was very sad to see and the figure turned out OK in the end. I hope to get another shot at it one day. The Predator is so freaking cool.

Just joking around my friend. It's a gag from Family Guy.

I'm down for anything Alien and Predator, and mucho respect for the sculptor's devotion. :rock

It's actually a gag from the show laugh in and spoofed on family guy:naughty

My thread on this over at mm.net was deleted...hmmm...the government knows about it!

Way to go on posting his name over at the other board dude. :rolleyes:

He asked that his name NOT be used. How hard is that?

I've reported your post and it's been edited.

PLEASE do not use his name.

Last edited:
I had originally written an apology here but after seeing the childish names Sabres called me on other boards I'm retracting it. There are other ways to vent at someone if they messed up...a pm perhaps? But if you feel you have to report posts and kiss the moderator's ass and then call me a ********* and a dumbass, I can only laugh at your maturity over getting so worked up over an action figure. This is the last I'm going to say on this topic.

Last edited:
I had originally written an apology here but after seeing the childish names Sabres called me on other boards I'm retracting it. There are other ways to vent at someone if they messed up...a pm perhaps? But if you feel you have to report posts and kiss the moderator's ass and then call me a ********* and a dumbass, I can only laugh at your maturity over getting so worked up over an action figure. This is the last I'm going to say on this topic.

Thank God. :rolleyes:

But, that's what you get for running around ON NUMEROUS BOARDS posting info you were asked not to.
And then lying to the guy in his original post at the Lair that you wouldn't mention who he was.

So, yeah...dumbass.

meh, all i can say is it was VERY STUPID for this sculptor to mention anything about who it is for. He could have said "private commission" or something, and it has a tight deadline. I give him kudos for enthusiasm, but fails in professionalism. And I think some of you guys need to just relax with your detective work. You aren't ____ Tracy or Batman, so let's not get this guy in any MORE trouble then he already possibly is in. Patience and I am sure we will see which company is possibly making this. I am thinking either SOTA is trying to make a comeback, or a new NECA (small company) trying to start up with a bang.

Maybe Diamond Select Toys is getting into the Predator line? And no GreenDragon I'm not Tracy or Batman, but I was a United States Federal Agent so does that count:gun

Back