The Behemoth has descended!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yippy

Brothers to the end
Reaction score
After nearly 11 months since the annoucement and countless years before that, my precious Predator Maquette has finally landed.

The Predator creature has always been one of my favorite creature designs since I was a child, so I was very excited when SS was able to pick up the Predator license. SS first released the 1:1 bust, but that didn't really do it for me, but needless to say, this maquette definitely does!

First impressions:
1. The outer product box is awesome. Very cool!
2. I knew it was going to be big, but nothing really prepares you for just how big.
3. The netting around the legs, and the real leather are extremely well done.
4. The base design with water pool effect and all really adds to this piece.
5. All the little details like the trophy necklaces are awesome!

Sidenotes:
1. The exclusive comes with three little batteries that go underneath the helmet(only need two though). Then to turn it off/on there is a little button on the right side of the helmet.
2. I'm glad they included a stand for the extra head...good thinking SS.
3. The shoulder cannon can swizel, which is pretty cool.

I should mention that this piece does take a little time to unpack, so take your time and be careful. Wouldn't want anyone to have to return it because they accidently broke one of the dreds or something.

Finally, this piece is without a doubt worth the price tag. Now bring on a SWS/SS Aliens warrior maquette at SDCC 06! :D

Time to go watch Predator. :chew

Ok guys, I got ahold of the camera, so here are a few quick shots:

Underneath the mask:

The money shot:

Size comparison with dvd:

This is one helluva statue guys.

Last edited:
I've been sitting at home all day waiting for the delivery but the FedEx thingie just says "arrived at FedEx location" so I don't know it they'll make it or not.

I thought maybe the drivers don't want to be lugging those things around in the record high heat today!

Pics please and if you could have it with another Sideshow piece to compare the size of it.

Yeah, I would love to post a few pictures(even crappy ones), but right now my sis has the camera. Sorry. :eek:

Hope you get yours today, Dave. Maybe you can post some pics?

Lynxje said:
You actually decided to post this but not pictures? You should be ashamed of yourself :monkey5

I know. I realized that I should have just waited. I'll try and get a few pics up today.

Congrats!! This piece is really really awesome and fine addition to a collection.:chew

Arghhhhhhhhhhh !!! Still no news on when they start shipping to the UK.

Grant, SS have shipped mine and it should be with me on the 8th June...

Cant wait... :chew:chew

WW :lsvader

Welsh Wizard said:
Arghhhhhhhhhhh !!! Still no news on when they start shipping to the UK.

Grant, SS have shipped mine and it should be with me on the 8th June...

Cant wait... :chew:chew

WW :lsvader

I got a email about 4 days ago to say they the Pred would be arriving in the Los Angeles warehouse within approximately the next 10-15 days. Then nothing. Mmmm must go check my CC see if any money is coming off. Just checked nothing. Hope it ships soon.

Back