Alien vs. Predator 2 - Official Movie Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Simmer down now.

I think it's pretty unfair to call something drivel when you haven't even seen a preview. :rolleyes:

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out when a movie studio hires directors and writers with absoulutely no experience, and a bunch of TV actors, that a movie is headed straight down the toilet. That's my prediction and based on everything I've seen so far, I see no reason to change it.

I'd love to be wrong about this, I'd love for this to be a fantastic movie...but I'm also a realist and somehow I seriously doubt it will be. :monkey2

You don't have to be a rocket scientist to figure out when a movie studio hires directors and writers with absoulutely no experience, and a bunch of TV actors, that a movie is headed straight down the toilet. That's my prediction and based on everything I've seen so far, I see no reason to change it.

I'd love to be wrong about this, I'd love for this to be a fantastic movie...but I'm also a realist and somehow I seroiusly doubt it will be. :monkey2

Have faith man :rock

I would not get your hopes up too high for this movie. woodsy is actually right with what he says and THUS FAR...the cast & crew on paper DO NOT look impressive one bit.

That being said, the movie will be a big monster brawl-fest and that's what I am expecting.

And 20th Century Fox KNOWS they'll make money out of this movie. AVP was PANNED by critics and even Alien/Predator fans.....BUT...it made a buttload of money from the theater,DVD sales...and that OTHER big cash cow that Lucas loves so much....MOICHINDIEZIN'! (merchandising for those of you with rocks for brains! j/k :) ) AVP has raked up a lot of money on the merchandising front...and plus with the attention on all the other Alien and Predator movies and their products coming out...the BEST sign out of it all is that the ALIEN and PREDATOR franchises are ALIVE AND WELL! Sure the movie might be crap, but as long as it makes money and keeps Fox interested in the franchise...then they'll keep putting them out.

But like many of you..I will hold out hope for an all-star cast and crew in ALIEN 5 or PREDATOR 3 or heck...even an ALIEN VS. PREDATOR 3 or something like that. :monkey5 :monkey3 :rock

BTW - Anyone play the ALIENS vs. Predator 2 game on the PC?That game rocked.

I would not get your hopes up too high for this movie. woodsy is actually right with what he says and THUS FAR...the cast & crew on paper DO NOT look impressive one bit.

That being said, the movie will be a big monster brawl-fest and that's what I am expecting.

And 20th Century Fox KNOWS they'll make money out of this movie. AVP was PANNED by critics and even Alien/Predator fans.....BUT...it made a buttload of money from the theater,DVD sales...and that OTHER big cash cow that Lucas loves so much....MOICHINDIEZIN'! (merchandising for those of you with rocks for brains! j/k :) ) AVP has raked up a lot of money on the merchandising front...and plus with the attention on all the other Alien and Predator movies and their products coming out...the BEST sign out of it all is that the ALIEN and PREDATOR franchises are ALIVE AND WELL! Sure the movie might be crap, but as long as it makes money and keeps Fox interested in the franchise...then they'll keep putting them out.

But like many of you..I will hold out hope for an all-star cast and crew in ALIEN 5 or PREDATOR 3 or heck...even an ALIEN VS. PREDATOR 3 or something like that. :monkey5 :monkey3 :rock

I'm afraid you are absolutely right, they're gonna make a fortune on these franchises. It's a shame [bordering on criminal] they don't take some of that money and re-invest it into the movies. 20th Century Fox expects us to head down to the local theatre and pay full admission price to watch their movies, yet I don't see them putting out 100% when it comes to making them...not even close :monkey2

I...the BEST sign out of it all is that the ALIEN and PREDATOR franchises are ALIVE AND WELL! Sure the movie might be crap, but as long as it makes money and keeps Fox interested in the franchise...then they'll keep putting them out.

You make an interesting point. To me it's a catch 22 situation. As long as Fox keeps making money they will remain interested in making the movies. The problem however, is if we as moviegoers continue to reward Fox for feeding us this crap, they will continue feeding it to us. Does anyone actally believe the quality of these films will improve as long as Fox knows we are going to show up at the theatre no matter what?

Perhaps it might be best for a franchise like AVP to do a "crash and burn", and for Fox to lose interest. It wasn't that long ago that two really successful franchises did just that...Batman and Superman. After a couple of very successful movies apiece these franchises went right down the toilet. The fourth movies of these franchises [Batman and Robin and Superman 4]were so bad they pretty well killed the franchises for a decade or more.

But now both franchises are back and better than ever, and more importantly the studios involved are allocating their resources in a way in ensure they remain successful.

Redemption film? That's pretty funny! :rotfl This coming from the movie studio [20th Century Fox] that has given us such classic low budget comicbook adaptations as Daredevil, Electra, FF 1 and 2, and who can forget that memorable piece of drivel.... AVP.

yes but they also gave us Alien, Aliens, Predator, X-men 1&2, and even did their small part to bring us Star Wars.

every studio puts out crap some time or another.

So let's see what 20th Century has in store for us now with AVP2. Oh, what a surprise, the cast is comprised of a bunch of no name TV actors, most of which [other than Reiko Aylesworth -Michelle Dessler on 24] I don't even recognize...very promising :lol

The Alien films are known for using unknown or little known actors, Alien Sigorny weaver's frist film and most of the cast of Aliens were relitive unknowns.

Ok, not the best start but let's look at the script writer, Shane Salerno. Hmmm.....not a sinle movie credit to his name , but he does have a handful of TV writing credits to shows I've never heard of...very promising :lol

there are a lot of shows on TV that people haven't of, having not heard of a show dosn't mean the writghting

Finally let's look at the directors, the team of Colin and Greg Strause. Hmmm...lots of special effects credits, and a handful of music video's, but not a single movie director credit between the two of them. Wait, things are looking up, they recently completed a Coca-Cola commercial...very, very promising :rotfl

two words: David Fincher:lol

So here's my prediction for this "redemption" film. We are going to a see film strictly based on special effects and fight scenes [not that these are bad things], but will feature lousy, wooden acting and 2D characters that no one will give a damn about. We'll get a paper thin storyline with holes in it so big you could drive a truck through them, and alot of moronic, infantile dialogue between characters. We'll get a directionless film by a couple of zero experience guys who are so in over their heads it's not even funny.
We'll get a film on Dec. 25th [ if they don't have to do any more script re-writes...they've done 3 already!] where we won't have a chance to read any reviews prior to opening day because there is no way 20 Century is going to release this film to critics ahead of time. Unfortunately, It's also a film that will make 20 Century Fox alot of money because people will insist on throwing their money away and rewarding them for giving us this type of drivel. :rolleyes:

Alien3 had 12 rewrites!:rolleyes: their still under the limit :lol

they seem to be taking their time with the preview so it's as good as it can be, same thing with the film it self.

only time will tell how good or bad the movie will be.

BTW - Anyone play the ALIENS vs. Predator 2 game on the PC?That game rocked.

only the demo, but it rocked:rock

THIS MOVIE WILL KICK ASS, I'M GLAD I HAVE MY HOPES UP, AND I KNOW A FEW KURGANS WHO THINK THIS MOVIE WILL KICK ASS AS WELL.

THAT IS ALL.

The PC game is excellent.A great improvement over the first game.The Marine's levels are so wicked,now you have the hacking device,the arc welder and a shoulder lamp.

Ironically enough, I just got the Aliens vs. Predator 2 game installed on my computer, I never had the chance to play it before because my computer was a first generation G4 and couldn't support the game, but last year I bought a Mac Mini and I completely forgot that I had the game (I got it for 10 box new at a CompUSA 4 years ago...) so I decided to give it at try, I thought it wouldn't work since the Mac Mini has an Intel processor but surprise!! It does work!!

What sucks is that I'm like 5 years late and nobody plays it online anymore...:monkey2

At least you have it, I toatly missed out on it, And the cost on e-bay is crazy:monkey2

My hopes for AsVP isn't that high but then again I enjoyed the first one so what does that say about me :lol

One thing that I DO love are the Predators, I'll definitely get the AsVP one from Hot Toys but what I will order sight unseen is if they offer up the Hybrid Alien....THAT IS AN AWESOME CONCEPT! :rock

Needless to say I'll be there on Christmas Day (my wife is a SciFi/Horror fan too!)

Apparently, here's the scoop on the trailer (not confirmed yet though):

https://joblo.com/arrow/index.php?id=9031

A scooper by the name of Matt (thx bro) just told us that the people behind ALIEN VS. PREDATOR 2 have come up with a better title than "SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST" or the one I've submitted to their offices countless times - ALIEN VS. PREDATOR: ALIENS VS. PREDATORS. I know, it rocks, but now they're calling it ALIEN VS. PREDATOR: REQUIEM.

The dictionary defines requiem as "a mass for the dead," or "a musical composition in honor of the dead." While the major portion of the AVP fanbase would define requiem as "a stupid title for an Alien vs. Predator movie."

He also gave us the rundown on the preview trailer. Now keep in mind that this is not a "confirmed" source, hence we're not a 100% on this info, take with a grain of salt.

TRAILER DESCRIPTION: It starts with: ‘In space…’Then a shot of what looks like a Predator spaceship on fire, flying towards earth. Then: ‘No one can here you scream’. Then shows the spaceship crashing on earth with the words: ‘On earth, it won’t matter’.

Lots of different quick shots, one of a girl having a nightmare then the dad comes into the room, saying there's no such thing as a bogeyman, and shines a torch on the window of her room, only for a alien/predator hybrid to jump up.

Then there’s shots of what looks like a lab or hospital with face huggers jumping around, an Alien appearing behind a doctor and similar scenes. Then there's lots of shots in the rain, such as an alien jumping on a helicopter and a predator facing off against two aliens. Lastly there’s a montage of face huggers, explosions, aliens and predators all to to the song’ Silent Night, Holy Night’ – and it finishes with: This Christmas!

As long as it's not dull.

I'll be there anyway. Christmas Day! :D
It's got ALIENS and PREDATORS in it!

But, I am wary....

Requiem, huh? I hope it's not REQUIEM for a FRANCHISE! :lol

I do have to admit I like the idea of Predators and Aliens running wild in suburbia... mass carnage, destruction and innocent people getting the shaft :rock :rock

Why couldn't they just have it on a colony on a different world IN THE FUTURE? :monkey4

I will buy the figures, because they'll be fine on their own.

Why couldn't they just have it on a colony on a different world IN THE FUTURE? :monkey4

Quite simply , COLONY+DIFFERENT WORLD+FUTURE= $$$$$$$$
Although the first AvP didn't cost the earth , it was far from a low budget production but it made money due to D.V.D sales and "back-end" profits. I should imagine the producers want to keep cost down as the "AvP Franchise" is still a relatively high-risk proposition . Apart from the Star Wars movies , "Space set fantasy" doesn't translate to success . Look at "Serenity" and "Chronicles of Riddick", both excellent movies which died at the box office . Setting the movie on Earth in contempary times enables it to be marketed as a straight ahead "Horror Movie" and attract an audience that the "Science- Fiction" tag could possibly put off . Makes sense when you look at it like that .

Back