All Things HELLBOY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gel Denso also will be fine.
But I've bought silicon on the Internet.
RMFX.co.uk is right, it's always gel-like until you dry it on air.
And it's really good support for the paint even if it's yet all OK with your Abe.

well, the character itself is pretty much stagnate... IMHO opinion mignola is milking it too long.

Are you SERIOUS?!?!? Do you even read the comics? Hellboy and BPRD are the best ongoing stories/series in all of comics. Brilliant writer and his art speaks for itself. Stagnate... :cuckoo:

Are you SERIOUS?!?!? Do you even read the comics? Hellboy and BPRD are the best ongoing stories/series in all of comics. Brilliant writer and his art speaks for itself. Stagnate... :cuckoo:

Pretty much all the HB stories done by Mignola I have read in the past 5 years are the same.

BPRD, on the otherhand, is a great series. personally I think at this stage it has surpassed HB as a better comic story wise.

So yes, i am serious.

I've read some pretty disheartening things about Hellboy 3 lately. Mignola doesn't want Del Toro to go ahead with Hellboy 3 because it basically has the same tragic ending that his comic book will have. He doesn't want people to know the ending before he writes it and he is not through with the character, not by a long shot.

Here's the article:

https://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/08/17/guillermo-del-toro-hellboy-3/

How are they going to solve this conflict?

Maybe they should make a third movie that is not the ending and make the fourth film (or dare I say fifth film) be the end of the character.

Then again, there is the age of Ron Pearlman to consider. Have many more Hellboys does he have in him? Who would want a Hellboy film without Ron?

As long as we get a great movie... I don't mind waiting for it. But, I'd also take a lot of great movies instead of a trilogy.

I've read some pretty disheartening things about Hellboy 3 lately. Mignola doesn't want Del Toro to go ahead with Hellboy 3 because it basically has the same tragic ending that his comic book will have. He doesn't want people to know the ending before he writes it and he is not through with the character, not by a long shot.

Here's the article:

https://splashpage.mtv.com/2010/08/17/guillermo-del-toro-hellboy-3/

How are they going to solve this conflict?

Maybe they should make a third movie that is not the ending and make the fourth film (or dare I say fifth film) be the end of the character.

Then again, there is the age of Ron Pearlman to consider. Have many more Hellboys does he have in him? Who would want a Hellboy film without Ron?

well l think they need to sort this out soon. Ron is getting old, hes like 60 now. and and l dont see him playing hell boy again in 3 or 4 years time. so they better get on it.

Last edited:
I'm just sad that Mignola doesn't do much of the art work anymore. It was his art that drew me in the first place.

I have to agree that Mignola is milking. There is zero forward momentum to the stories so to say that it is a 15 year effort is silly. It may well take that long but not for any legitimate reason regarding the plot or the production. And I'm not complaining, I love HB and I love Mignola's work. But I think he's taking it too seriously. I think most fans are more interested in seeing HB fight monsters than what his ultimate fate is. At this point I find the movie HB universe immeasurably more compelling than the comics. It is too bad that part 3 is so unlikely, but not unexpected. There were a lot of unhappy rumors going around towards the end of part 2's production. Now Perlman isn't interested and Mignola is flaking out.
I'm not too bothered by it though. We got 2 excellent movies and a lot of great comics. That's really more than most comic properties get.
Just my 2 cents. :dunno

I definitely have the issues but I think I gave up before I read them.

And, again, I'm not complaining. I just think Mignola's statement about how long the story will take is self-serving. I honestly believe he could write Hellboy's ultimate fate and then have a long career documenting his old BPRD cases without a dent in readership. I just don't think people are hanging on plot developments with that book.

I have to agree that Mignola is milking. There is zero forward momentum to the stories so to say that it is a 15 year effort is silly. It may well take that long but not for any legitimate reason regarding the plot or the production. And I'm not complaining, I love HB and I love Mignola's work. But I think he's taking it too seriously. I think most fans are more interested in seeing HB fight monsters than what his ultimate fate is. At this point I find the movie HB universe immeasurably more compelling than the comics. It is too bad that part 3 is so unlikely, but not unexpected. There were a lot of unhappy rumors going around towards the end of part 2's production. Now Perlman isn't interested and Mignola is flaking out.
I'm not too bothered by it though. We got 2 excellent movies and a lot of great comics. That's really more than most comic properties get.
Just my 2 cents. :dunno

Just curious, do you count BPRD in this opinion? I think there is a lot of variety if you include that series.

Just curious, do you count BPRD in this opinion? I think there is a lot of variety if you include that series.

I was only referring to HB titled comics. I've read and enjoyed several of the BPRD trades but I'm more of a fan of HB as a character.
I even read the HB novelizations, which run the gamut from quite good to pretty stale.

I have no issue with the quality and quantity of HB narrative out there. My point is just that Mike Mignola has had a little too much of his own Kool Aid. He's a brilliant artist and a good writer. I'm just not sure people are hanging on the plot twists of the ongoing HB storyline the way he seems to think they are.

And that opinion just stems from my disappointment that his attitude would contribute to delaying a third film. That's all, I'm not trying to bash anyone involved or the product itself. I just don't feel any urgency to read the recent HB comics I have in queue. Even the substitue artists are pretty good, IMO.
:peace

And that opinion just stems from my disappointment that his attitude would contribute to delaying a third film.

My thoughts exactly. With all things considered, the window of making the third (and probably last) film is rather small.

Recently, Del Toro stated that he would like to make HB3 his next film after "At the Mountains of Madness" or perhaps the next one after that. It just feels that that window is getting smaller and smaller.

Del Toro is currently on a book promoting tour. He is stopping by here locally in Portland Oregon this week. Perhaps I should get from him straight as to the chances of a Hellboy 3.
:impatient::impatient::impatient:

Back