Statue Aragorn Maquette - Link in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aragorn Maquette - Order NOW, link in 1st post.

don't like it. glad i didn't jump into this line. likeness doesn't look very good and the paint is just atrocious. why can't anybody paint eyes right? Why????

Well my pics should have scared you. I'm sorry but I'm really getting sick of these stupid eye problems on so many of their statues these days.
This is a beautiful statue but mine looks retarded with the eyes and I'm not one to complain but god I wish they would do something to address this.

I'm sorry I scared some of you with my poor quality pics. I will not be the first to post pics from now on unless I'm able to take some good pics.

You don't have anything to apologize for anything Fremen. It was very good of you to take the time and post pic's for us. While your pic's were not great [through no fault of your own] I think most of us have the ability to figure out you're not going to get an accurate idea as to a statue's true quality using an iPhone under less than ideal lighting condition....well most of us anyway. :slap

don't like it. glad i didn't jump into this line. likeness doesn't look very good and the paint is just atrocious. why can't anybody paint eyes right? Why????

So are we. Anything that keeps doll-loving, statue hating trolls out of the LOTR section of this forum can't be a bad thing. :clap Now run along little troll......:wave

I can assure you the paint apps look so much better in person.Don't forget you are looking at close-ups of a painted 1/6th scaled face.Of course it is another experience to the naked eye....

Last edited:

$25 to ship this to me from the US to the UK.... not bad! Now i wonder what extras i'll be charged for by our lovely government :lol

Well my pics should have scared you. I'm sorry but I'm really getting sick of these stupid eye problems on so many of their statues these days.
This is a beautiful statue but mine looks retarded with the eyes and I'm not one to complain but god I wish they would do something to address this.

I'm sorry I scared some of you with my poor quality pics. I will not be the first to post pics from now on unless I'm able to take some good pics.

No problem fremen, thank you, for sharing your photos and impression, it's essential! :wave :hi5:

Continues to take pictures is always good to have more than not much!

I like the hooded version, but I'm still not thrilled with the non-hooded sculpt. Paint apps look too thick. The hooded version looks more like Strider to me.

I can assure you the paint apps look so much better in person.Don't forget you are looking at close-ups of a painted 1/6th scaled face.Of course it is another experience to the naked eye....

Don't waste your time. Doll-boy never posts anything positive in the LOTR section of this forum.....he's still bitter SS cancel the 12" figure line. Thankfully, he rarely ever posts here. :yess:

This is what i thought too..... i've seen it before where you get so close up you can srutinize everything.

WIN! :exactly:

Hoodless version still has major bum-chin issues though, that the hooded version doesn't :dunno

You might be onto something as the two chins do appear to be slightly different. The sculpts that Trevor did were identical , but that doesn't mean SS didn't tweak one of them....they have done things like that before. Still, as you correctly stated, close-up pic's have a way of magnifying things.

Great pics everyone, keep 'em coming!
I can't wait to get my Ex. I called SS and had processing for this delayed until Friday so I won't see it until next week.

Nice use of the cave troll for scale, looks pretty small compared to the new Aragorn. I've not seen it in person so this sort of shocked me. At any rate, mine is being delivered today. I could use the money so was hoping this was a return in a way, luke warm all week and just couldn't pull the cancel button (or phone call). These latest pics make it look like a keeper though.

The bases, well I think these are key. Never liked the black SSW bases, random odd sizes and figure placements, etc.

I'm in awe ! This line is going to be Epic. Write that down :lecture

day_6.jpg

Yes....we know! :lol

Nice use of the cave troll for scale, looks pretty small compared to the new Aragorn. I've not seen it in person so this sort of shocked me. At any rate, mine is being delivered today. I could use the money so was hoping this was a return in a way, luke warm all week and just couldn't pull the cancel button (or phone call). These latest pics make it look like a keeper though.

The bases, well I think these are key. Never liked the black SSW bases, random odd sizes and figure placements, etc.

Call it fate. :wink1: Looking forward to your in hand opinion. :lecture

That close up shot looks amazing all of them are very nice though. Man, this piece just looks so so good. The sculpt does appear to be a bit off but still has Viggo in there. Looking forward to taking my own pics and reviewing this thing.

Also guys and gals don't forget to give your # on yours for the tracking thread.

Back