Statue Aragorn Maquette - Link in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Aragorn Maquette - Order NOW, link in 1st post.

Going on the pictures shown, I think I prefer the hooded version now I think.

Master Sides pictures are nice. Mine will be here Monday, and as long as the eyes come out decent, I think I am going to keep it.

When the piece was promo-ed I think most preferred the unhooded version, likely due to photography. Right now I have it unhooded so I suppose my preference has changed. I prefer to see more of the face sculpt of the character, plus see above regarding my comments about the mud.

Actually mastersides pics show well the differential mud on the hood vs the shoulders.

Another scale pic>

aragorn_scale.jpg

Don't be afraid to post pictures. The more pictures the better, no matter what you're using to take them. Don't let trolls discourage you. :lecture

So far from the limited pictures that have been shared, the hooded head definitely looks better than the non-hooded head. Not sure if I'm allowed to say that since I'm not getting this. :monkey3 :pfft: :wave

Oh and this statue has nothing on my Ponce de Leon statue. :lol

dsc0282dk.jpg

Thankfully, with the advent of some very good pic's the trolls have crawled back under their rocks......and no, since you are not getting this you are not allowed to say anything. :nana:

Nice to know I wasn't the only guy to own the excl. SSW 'milky eyes' Aragorn statue.......:lol

I still love the PF the best.
Some great pics in here.

Wow! Thanks for the scale comparison pic. Since I have all 1/4 and 1:1 pieces, I was concerned about how small the maquette would look in the company of the larger statues. It could be something that makes me reconsider any maquettes of characters I already have PFs of (GTG, Legolas). I may rely on this line to fill in characters that we will most likely not see in 1/4. :dunno

I'm glad I got Strider though, such an iconic pose!

Oh and this statue has nothing on my Ponce de Leon statue. :lol

dsc0282dk.jpg

I got $400 on that piece when the getting was good. Hard to believe it went for nearly $800 at one time.

Hell, it cracked 1000+ more than a few times.

Nice!! I think I sold mine for around $600 or so. It was my first ever in hand piece from SSW back in the day.

I don't mind picking that SSW Aragorn Statue up if I can find one for a good price... :monkey3

Oh if I could pick up one up again at a good price I'd probably consider it.

Got mine today. Very solid piece. A nitpicky thing was the ring, it was flat like a band and not even close to realistic looking, looks like it was painted on the finger, lol. I thought the hood-less portrait with a separate hood piece was pretty ingenious and the hood piece attached to the body with magnets. I would say the hooded version looks better. Careful handling the body, don't grab it where the belt drapes down, you might snap the belt off. I didn't like the paint scheme on the base, it looked fake. Otherwise, the paint job overall was excellent. Nice piece. I also like the fact that the box wasn't too big and it fit perfectly.

I don't mind picking that SSW Aragorn Statue up if I can find one for a good price... :monkey3

dont do it. it was one of the worst of the SSW pieces IMO, just rare. This SS piece is a better version.

Looks good so far. I do agree with what others have said, the mud on the hood looks overdone. I'll have to see what I think with the in hand piece (should be here tomorrow).

Back