Statue Aragorn Maquette - Link in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Those pic's are stunning! :drool If only SS hadn't ruined this piece with those terrible paint app's! :rotfl :wink1:

Pure AWESOMENESS :rock...if I didn't have him on order already, I would be on to SS right now putting that situation right...but thankfully mine will arrive shortly. :yess:

Great pics masterside :clap...thank you so much for sharing. :hi5:

:duff
Bill

Last edited:
At the risk of being labeled a troll, I'm still not liking the paint apps on the headsculpt. I think it's hurting the Viggo sculpt underneath, particularly the mouth area, where the lips appear to be pursed.

Disclaimer: I'm basing MY OPINION solely on the photos being posted so far. Perhaps in hand it looks considerably better.

The rest of the paint apps look fine.

P.S. Allan, I'm looking forward to your opinion, bro.

It'll be here Monday, I'll post my thoughts and some pictures if I can Alex.

Great photos! This piece just looks really really great overall. I don't see any problems with the paint apps the more pictures we see. Thursday should be a good one.

Hey Freaks,

Thank you my pleasure :1-1:

And Josh, there are no problems of paint apps! Simply! :hi5:

Great Pics! After looking at some really good pictures I am definately glad I am getting this one. Should be here today!

Great photos! This piece just looks really really great overall. I don't see any problems with the paint apps the more pictures we see. Thursday should be a good one.

With Aragorn arriving on Fri. and my War Machine maquette on Sat. this is shaping up to be a great weekend. :lecture

I didn't realize (or at least remember) how large the Cinemaquette was. :horror :clap

PS. The :clap wasn't for the giants forehead but rather for the scale. :lol

Biggest cranium I've ever seen on a LOTR collectible. :lecture :lol

My FedEx guy left mine at the back door this morning, since I had to meet someone out for breakfast. I left him a fiver back there to lure him into leaving it without the signature. Cool kid, really, and left a thank you note too.

Off to pop open my first Sideshow piece since Spook, I think...

My FedEx guy left mine at the back door this morning, since I had to meet someone out for breakfast. I left him a fiver back there to lure him into leaving it without the signature. Cool kid, really, and left a thank you note too.

Off to pop open my first Sideshow piece since Spook, I think...

Just remember, descriptions without photo's are meaningless. :lecture

With Aragorn arriving on Fri. and my War Machine maquette on Sat. this is shaping up to be a great weekend. :lecture

Nice! Just waiting on WM to ship. Had mine processed early was on flex so I could still be waiting to ship but hopefully today. That way I can have him early next week.

I really wanted to not like this as much as I do. I was looking for a reason to back out of the line, but have been given no such way. I guess I won't be laying down the NRD on Cobra Commander tomorrow after all. Can't have everything, can we?

Which is the exclusive? I forgot. Okay, just checked and the unhooded is the version I chose to keep displayed for now. The only thing that bugs me is the extra hood rises up just a bit so that when you are at eye level with this piece you can see the gap between figure and extra accessory. But not too bad. Mine's eyes are okay, but my base is quite lackluster.

I know woodsy said no pics, etc. but I'm so dang tired and have to head off to nine hours at work in about thirty minutes, so not now...

I really wanted to not like this as much as I do. I was looking for a reason to back out of the line, but have been given no such way. I guess I won't be laying down the NRD on Cobra Commander tomorrow after all. Can't have everything, can we?

Which is the exclusive? I forgot. Okay, just checked and the unhooded is the version I chose to keep displayed for now. The only thing that bugs me is the extra hood rises up just a bit so that when you are at eye level with this piece you can see the gap between figure and extra accessory. But not too bad. Mine's eyes are okay, but my base is quite lackluster.

I know woodsy said no pics, etc. but I'm so dang tired and have to head off to nine hours at work in about thirty minutes, so not now...

I think that might have been a decision you would regret later on, but obviously it has met your expectations so that really can't considered a bad thing. This line is off to a great start, and with Gandalf and Legolas arriving sometime in the 2nd qtr. this is shaping up to be a great year for LOTR collectors. :clap

I'm surprised you kind was hoping to back out of this line.

I think fury was talking in terms of finances....or rather lack of finances. :(

Back