Statue Aragorn Maquette - Link in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
MIne arrived yesterday, great statue !

One thing that bother me a bit is the texturing of the clothing !
It's so plain and smooth ...

Q2 Gru. So probably towards say June.

When Gandy went up for PO, the schedule was for the 1st pymt to happen around March 15th. The final pymt was around May 15th, do it should be shipping around then. If they stuck to that schedule, Flexers should be posting news about the 1st pymt being taken next week.

MIne arrived yesterday, great statue !

One thing that bother me a bit is the texturing of the clothing !
It's so plain and smooth ...

I see what you mean Vince although I think the texture of the cape is well done.It has that feeling of a warm,thick,woollen fabric.

arrived... great statue!!

have absolutely no problems with paint job..
matches perfectly to weta statue series!

img5200dg.jpg

img5205j.jpg

img5206n.jpg

Nice pictures Buzzie. :clap

Ok, I am officially excited for mine to arrive and I plan on keeping it (as long as it has no issues or damage, crossing fingers).

Thanks for the pics Buzzie, they look great :clap...so glad you had no issues with him...I'm hoping to be in the same boat when mine arrives. :pray:

I love the way you included the UHSS in the first pic :clap.

:duff
Bill

Yay, I'm in the UK and mine just arrived. Inspected him, all seems ok and eyes are normal. I got 153/550. From email notification to arriving at my door, this is one of the fatest pieces to come!

Yay, I'm in the UK and mine just arrived. Inspected him, all seems ok and eyes are normal. I got 153/550. From email notification to arriving at my door, this is one of the fatest pieces to come!

Congrats Monkey_Djinn, any chance of some pics :pray:

Don't forget to let Josh know you got one (in the 'Sideshow Lord Of The Rings Maquette Registry' thread).

:duff
Bill

Ok, registry done. Having seen that, I must get my two PF's numbers added.

Here are some pics of my Aragorn. In the kitchen, cos he's prob hungry after his long trip. They are only phone pics and I'm only me so be nice. Looks much better in person.

IMAG0337.jpg

Monkey_Djinn

IMAG0335.jpg

IMAG0334.jpg

IMAG0333.jpg

IMAG0332.jpg

IMAG0331.jpg

(yes, that is a bit of packaging under is robe)

IMAG0329.jpg

IMAG0328.jpg

IMAG0327.jpg

Man, this thing is amazing. The paint and detail are among the best things I've seen from SS statue wise. The sculpt while not 110% Viggo is there and this piece is more than impressive on the shelf. This line should be going great guns from this point.

I got #319 by the way. Working on pics and review right now.

After running around my city's streets for about an hour, I finally found my UPS driver (I knew I wouldn't be home at his usual delivery time). It was well worth it though; this piece is fantastic! Ex #337 is now sitting near my Aragorn PF (I'm displaying the hooded version for now). I had planned on canceling my GTG Ex but now I'm having second thoughts.

Got my Ex. The piece is pretty good. Of course the likeness is far better than the Weta, along with the quality of the paint on the face. The body paint isn't spectacular, but I honestly don't know what they could have done to make such a drab piece shine. If anyone is considering matching these with their Weta Villains (which I am), the scale is perfect, but of course these bases are MUCH taller than the Weta bases.

Here are the photos. Enjoy.

Str1.jpg

Str2.jpg

Str3.jpg

Str4.jpg

Str5.jpg

Str6.jpg

Str7.jpg

Back