Statue Aragorn Maquette - Link in 1st post.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_mI_Ia_l6BE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

opened mine tonight. Looks perfect. No issues with anything at all, perfect.

Bigger than I was expecting.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Very curious to see what size a hobbit turns out to be in this line. I say a Frodo/Sam and a Merry/Pippin each in a two pack for $299 for each two pack.

Good video Josh

Thank ya Scott :duff

opened mine tonight. Looks perfect. No issues with anything at all, perfect.

Nice! Congrats man!!

Bigger than I was expecting.

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

Very curious to see what size a hobbit turns out to be in this line. I say a Frodo/Sam and a Merry/Pippin each in a two pack for $299 for each two pack.

I would expect very similar to how they turned out in the SSW line honestly. I'd be totally ok with a price like that on a two pack of the hobbits.

If you mean the size of the actual figure, a hobbit in 1/6 scale would be 7" tall, based on 3'6" (42"). At 1/4 it would be 10.5" tall.

Congrats Josh, you got a good one there for sure.

Thanks so much for posting the Video, nice review mate...really enjoyed it. :clap

Congrats to you too Mesa, glad you got a good one too...Enjoy!

Do you have some pics to share? :pray:

Hoping to have mine next week. :yess:

:duff
Bill

He looks pretty good. I think I still prefer the PF line over the statue line. I just like the mixed materials instead of one cast piece of polystone.

He looks pretty good. I think I still prefer the PF line over the statue line. I just like the mixed materials instead of one cast piece of polystone.

I know what you mean VASith...but I am finding it impossible to say not to this fantastic Maquette line. :slap

Would love to keep both lines going, but don't think finances will allow that. :(

I dreading the day I have to kiss one of them goodbye. :monkey2

Bill

I know what you mean VASith...but I am finding it impossible to say not to this fantastic Maquette line. :slap

Would love to keep both lines going, but don't think finances will allow that. :(

Bill
I hear you brother. I prefer the size and the mixed media of a Premium Format but i am running out of space so i think this new line has the perfect size for people like me that want to have the whole fellowship plus a few vilains! :panic:
I am still keeping my Gandalf the grey PF and the upcomming Gollum.

Got my Ex. The piece is pretty good. Of course the likeness is far better than the Weta, along with the quality of the paint on the face. The body paint isn't spectacular, but I honestly don't know what they could have done to make such a drab piece shine. If anyone is considering matching these with their Weta Villains (which I am), the scale is perfect, but of course these bases are MUCH taller than the Weta bases.

Here are the photos. Enjoy.

Str2.jpg

:drool I agree with Allan, this is the best pic. I've seen to date and I think anyone questioning the Viggo likeness after seeing this might be best served checking into the local psych ward......:cuckoo:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/_mI_Ia_l6BE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Nice pic's and video Josh :clap I'd probably can the narrator and cameraman in the video, but the statue looks great. :naughty :lol

Mine arrived today #323/550! Unfortunately there's a tiny chip on the back (like the one Ricardofeitoza had), but I'll be able to fix that myself.

Here are the first pics (click for enlargements):

I must say that despite the chip, I'm very happy with this one! :rock2

Bill

I was going to collect both lines as well but I cut the maquette line loose. I know the PF are more expensive and take up more room but they look so much better. Not saying the maquettes look bad at all...the Aragorn turned out very nice.

Mine arrived today #323/550! Unfortunately there's a tiny chip on the back (like the one Ricardofeitoza had), but I'll be able to fix that myself.

I must say that despite the chip, I'm very happy with this one! :rock2

WOW! Marcel, your Aragorn is looking great :clap. Very nice photography and Photoshop work mate :clap.

Do you plan to pick up any more of the maquette line?...Arwen by any chance? :dunno

Bill
p.s. you must pop over more often...I would love to see you be more active here. :hi5:

Nah. Too busy here for my taste. I prefer the quiet and easy life over at the Shadow and Flame. I pop in here from time to time, but mainly I'm just reading and watching pics.

I'm not picking up any of the other maquettes they announced thusfar, but who knows what the future may bring. I'd sign up for a good Gandalf the White maquette.

Last edited:
Congrats Josh, you got a good one there for sure.

Thanks so much for posting the Video, nice review mate...really enjoyed it. :clap

Thank ya Bill!! :duff I'm very very pleased with it. Its a great piece.

PF's are great but the thing I thin that makes this line potentially special is it goes back to where we started.

Nice pic's and video Josh :clap I'd probably can the narrator and cameraman in the video, but the statue looks great. :naughty :lol

Thanks Woods. I might he's not very good. :rotfl

Nah. Too busy here for my taste. I prefer the quiet and easy life over at the Shadow and Flame. I pop in here from time to time, but mainly I'm just reading and watching pics.

I'm not picking up any of the other maquettes they announced thusfar, but who knows what the future may bring. I'd sign up for a good Gandalf the White maquette.

That's a shame Marcel, on both counts. :wink1:

Bill

Got to open mine today, and..... wow. Just....... wow.

I cannot get across just how better it looks in person than ANY photo i've seen on the internet. This just IS Viggo, even saying 'Likeness isn't 100%, but Viggo's in there somewhere' isn't accurate enough in my opinion. Best Viggo likeness i've ever seen. The detailing, paint.... i can't fault it. Maybe the wonky eyes, but they're not even noticeable unless you're looking for it, or see maximum close-up shots in photos.
It's also bigger than i thought it'd be too, which is of course down to the base. I didn't think i'd like it, but i adore it. Really sets it off. But i do still love the classic black Weta ones too, which makes the character the focus, not a particular setting or moment from the film.
It's a nice chunk of poly. The hoodless version is my favourite as you can see Viggo more clearly.
I cannot wait to see more from this line. I hope they carry on doing good guys and leave the bad guys alone as i really can't see myself buying those aswell as owning the Weta ones..... Sauron already is done and has a great base too, and was done by the very people who created him for film, so i just can't see myself buying another expensive version.
Eomer, Faramir, High Elven warrior..... :love

Call me well and truly sucked into this line..... except GTG :lol

Glad you liked it Frodo. Its a pretty awesome piece. Oh we'll get baddies and I'm looking forward to seeing what SS will be doing with them.

Back