BSG Auction Warning

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is what Alec Peters posted on the forum at battlestarprops.com regarding complainers:

And of course, the major complainers generally bought one small item. They need to stick to eBay. I am just tired of the whining and thank all of you for being so understanding.

Alec

Nice, huh?

Well I got an email from him saying he will refund my money. He also stated that CSS is a subsidiary of propworx. Yet he earlier had stated that he researched auction shippers and this one offered the best deal in shipping fees and would give us a discount on handling charges because of the large volume.
It has also been brought to my attention that ebay auction winners have already started receiving their items. I can understand that some large pieces will require extra time to properly package....but a lot of the items were very similar (clothing, dog tags, books, etc...) He said the hold up was getting the COA from Universal....but the ebay auctions were all able to get theirs.
I'm looking forward to getting my refund. I may have only bought one item, but for me it was an expensive item and a chance for me to own an authentic piece from one of my favorite shows. I wish things hadn't come to this, but I just don't feel comfortable doing business with them.

I was there - they are official - there do seem to be some dishonesty in claiming the shipping company was separate, but let's not start throwing around completely baseless accusations. Witch hunts start far too easily on forums.
Not meaning to starting anything Dave. Maybe I should have separated the two sentences with a paragraph. I didn't mean for anyone to act on the second sentence because of an insinuation in the first.

Propworx has an excellent ebay record of 100% for 652 transactions. I reiterate. Those of you looking to get your money back, if I were you I'd blow off the courtesies and go direct to my credit provider.

This guy stuffed up, now he's trying to spin his way out to save face, digging a deeper hole for himself as he goes about it, making himself look like a liar, at worst, and a deceiver at best. I wouldn't cooperate with his desired method of options, hence my venom. He's a worm. Feed him to the fish. Which is easy for me to say. I didn't buy anything. It's not about whether on not I like the guy though. Youse have to deal with him. I just reckon he is sounding more and more nervous and therefore more likely to change tack at any moment. That change of mood could make it quite difficult for people to get their funds returned, if he wished it to be so. When he's backs against the wall he'll only be caring about his ass, none of yours.

Last edited:
It's a shame that winning something from such a great show had to be tainted this way. If they had been straight forward to begin with, this all could have been avoided.

Here is what Alec Peters posted on the forum at battlestarprops.com regarding complainers:

And of course, the major complainers generally bought one small item. They need to stick to eBay. I am just tired of the whining and thank all of you for being so understanding.

Alec

Nice, huh?

So he's insulting not only live auction winners who apparently didn't "spend enough" to earn his respect, but ebay customers as well?

I believe at a glance the average price for lots was several hundred dollars! That's no "small amount" in my opinion. Again, I'm not sitting on potentially half a million in the bank in auction proceeds like Mr. Alec.

Classy guy and professional too!

PS- I wonder if Six's red dress found it's way to the rightful owner yet, or is "Barbara" parading around the "propworx" warehouse in it??

Yeah, that really sucks. I'm glad I didn't win anything now... I hope anyone who is caught up in this mess gets their money back before they add another 5% for something superfluous. :lol

Yeah, that really sucks. I'm glad I didn't win anything now... I hope anyone who is caught up in this mess gets their money back before they add another 5% for something superfluous. :lol

Just to clarify - it's not a mess. It's just that there's a handling fee that wasn't specified in the documentation to the auction and many are finding that it's higher than expected. Also the auctioneer's claim that a 3rd party was involved in the shipping when it seems it's really the same company.

I certainly think it's reasonable for people to want a refund given the circumstances, but there's nothing really out of the ordinary for these types of auctions.

Just to clarify - it's not a mess. It's just that there's a handling fee that wasn't specified in the documentation to the auction and many are finding that it's higher than expected. Also the auctioneer's claim that a 3rd party was involved in the shipping when it seems it's really the same company.

I certainly think it's reasonable for people to want a refund given the circumstances, but there's nothing really out of the ordinary for these types of auctions.

Let's not forget the fact that 800 email addresses were disclosed and that the "handling" fee was only mentioned 2 weeks AFTER the auction close and a week after payment was collected on all items.

As stated earlier, nobody is complaining about the shipping fees, they are complaining about this handling fee that a majority of people never factored into their auction budget.

I gladly paid for the items and in fact wanted to pay for shipping immediately as well but was told to wait. Through the course of a 10+ hour auction, not one mention was made of a handling fee (yet they mentioned the buyer's premium as well as shipping several times.) Not even in the emails that I sent to Barbara Lindley did she ever mention anything about a handling fee.

I'm trying to remain calm but someone who has misrepresented themselves more than once has my billing and credit card information which leaves me feeling uneasy.

Just to clarify - it's not a mess. It's just that there's a handling fee that wasn't specified in the documentation to the auction and many are finding that it's higher than expected.

Auction houses typically employ third-party vendors to handle the shipping of items. This is a standard practice in the industry. This is a service and it is not free of charge. Buyers can certainly arrange for their own shipping or pick-up if they like. While there have been some bumps in the road, overall the BSG auction went off very well.

The registration for collectibleshipping.com has now been taken private!

Doesn't sound very honest and forthcoming to me. Meanwhile on battlestarprops.com, Alec Peters states that three different companies are working to get the items out. This is a total lie.

Too much sneaky stuff going on here. That live auction and the ongoing eBay auctions are generating hundreds of thousands of dollars for somebody. It's a lot of hard-earned money for them not to be forthright. What a black eye for Universal too.

Good luck to everyone. I hope you get either your stuff or your money back.

Since when it is illegal, or "sneaky", two own two companies? And you know first hand that they are in collision to rip-people off? Sounds like sour grapes to me.

What the hell? Did Universal just hand all these props over to some fly-by-night operation or what?

Sure, Darth. Universal Television just found a homeless person off the street and said, "here, handle a multi-million dollar auction for us".

Me too...I'm half tempted to cancel just because I'm in the process of buying a house right now and $2K would come in handy......but I really want those knives. :D :wacky :lol

Ahhh here in lies the real reason for your rant. BUYERS REMORSE.

Ahhh here in lies the real reason for your rant. BUYERS REMORSE.

That "rant" wasn't Jen, it was sent by another buyer to the 800 or so e-mail addresses that were made public by the auctioneer. She was just posting here to try to gather more information.

Since when it is illegal, or "sneaky", two own two companies? And you know first hand that they are in collision to rip-people off? Sounds like sour grapes to me.

Sounds like you registered 4 posts ago and havent stated who you are or who you represent ?

Rather the first thing you did was head for this thread.

So establish who you are, so we can take your unbyast opinion on this thread and the information contained within it.

It isnt illegal to own 2 companies

Its just bad practice to try and pass a company off as a completely 3rd party entity when the company is owned by the original companies owner

and then announce unavoidable additional costs after a sale due to this "3rd party" companies "fees"

I call that a "rip-off" elgato or should I call you . . . . . Alec Peters :rolleyes:

austin-powers-mike-myers-as-dr-evil.jpg

Last edited:
Sure, Darth. Universal Television just found a homeless person off the street and said, "here, handle a multi-million dollar auction for us".

"The phrase fly by night is a derisive term in the English language for businesses that appear and disappear rapidly, or that give an impression of transience. It has also been applied to individual traveling businessmen and tradesmen. The phrase implies that the quality of work done or goods sold is shoddy enough that the person responsible must leave town under cover of darkness to evade angry customers, or sometimes legal authorities."

Whatever, dude. :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back