DarkArtist's End of the Line Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: DarkArtist's Creations of DOOM!

Thanks guys for the kind words... I really just got into this hobby and am trying my best to learn and grow in my skills. I've been an artist for a long time, but mostly drawing comics with my buddies and making stop motion animation. So working with paint is kind of a first time thing with me.

Anakin I am very proud of... I loved how his lips turned out, and I hope that I can do even better with my next figure.

And yeah, I agree with you on that side shot Ramuk.... It makes it seem like Hayden is right there... I'm just glad that picture turned out ok and not blurry. :lol

DarkArtist81 said:
Here now are also a few pics of my Custom Luke that I am working on.. I have not gotten the Bespin clothes yet to really start on him, but just for fun I put him in the Ceremonial Luke uniform to show him off a little. He still needs touch up work to the face, but I'm really happy with him so far....

112819242RL671620104.jpg

112818640RL253490776.jpg

112819261RL010218151.jpg

Hopefully soon I will figure out why the camera is not wanting to focus and take some full body shots to finish this round out. And after that I promise no more pics of the same stuff over and over again.. :lol

i like that headsculpt. u get it from "dreamntigers" on Ebay?

Mookeylama said:
i like that headsculpt. u get it from "dreamntigers" on Ebay?

:rotfl Actually I did.... I like it alot... now if only I can get the proper uniform to dress him in. :D

Today I got a little surprise in the mail from MurderofCrows... one of his cool custom made docks! I immediately started work on it, painting it to my own specs and doing my own version of the Camp Blood sign.... I have some pics, again, not the best... but pics nontheless.

115284793RL789605105.jpg

115284814RL824617829.jpg

115284814RL824617829.jpg

115284779RL835286051.jpg

115284938RL016446189.jpg

115284990RL180347390.jpg

115285002RL375506921.jpg

115285033RL230421469.jpg

115285045RL900651129.jpg

Did you get one of Ebay Josh??I saw a couple of them for sale a while back?......

Yeah had an extra laying around and thought you might like it. Besides I figured it'd go great with the Jason 3 fig and those new touched up Jason figs. You're pics definately show it off tons better than mine did. I almost put a bloody hand and arm sinking into the water but it being so shallow I thought it would take away from the look of depth. If I get around to making a couple more I might ask to "borrow" some of your pics of the lake environ. Like to see some of the art work sometime, I went to college for art too. Lotsa portraits and comic book art as well. Anyway glad to see you got the lake in one piece, glad you like it.

Thanks Murder!! I love it! I worked on it for a while, putting a little weathering into the boards and posts... But so much of the work was done for me already.. :lol

Thanks for the comments on the pics! My Dad's camera sucks and will not focus more than a couple of inches away, so I had to get creative.. But tomorrow I am going to take a few pics of the environ with some fire lighting from candles to see if I can get a nice warm feeling in the pics.. without the flash. Maybe it will bring out the paint and detail a bit more. Anyway, I am very surprised in the craftsmanship of this piece and it will be a center of my Jason collection for a time to come! It's a great work of art... and free.... can't beat that! :monkey5

Once I move in with my fiance next month I should have access to a scanner so I will come on here and post some of my artwork for you guys... I did a lot of comics stuff and poster art before becoming engrossed in figures...:lol

I also touched up the paint on my Nightowl Jason VII mask, thought I would post pics here for you guys.... just to show a little versatility...:D

115330294RL228273979.jpg

115330471RL721810336.jpg

115330491RL080920188.jpg

115330533RL065989154.jpg

115332563RL165906073.jpg

115332670RL251466218.jpg

115332703RL378469081.jpg

Damn Josh, you've turned into quite the painter as of late....You have definitely found yourself something you pretty damn good at!!!

Wait til the wife has you painting the house:lol and the babys room:rotfl and the kitchen:rotfl and the bathroom:rotfl and my Jason Goes to Hell figure(oh wait...thats for me:D )

kingdarkness03 said:
Damn Josh, you've turned into quite the painter as of late....You have definitely found yourself something you pretty damn good at!!!

Wait til the wife has you painting the house:lol and the babys room:rotfl and the kitchen:rotfl and the bathroom:rotfl and my Jason Goes to Hell figure(oh wait...thats for me:D )

:lol :lol :lol

Thanks man... I'm actually quite surprised I'm able to do it as easily as I am... I was so afraid I would crash and burn at this whole thing, but somehow I keep doing ok... :monkey1

And anytime you want me to do ANYTHING for you, you got it man.. I'd do it simply because it's fun. Any monetary gain is just added coolness and not mandatory... :D

I seriously do want to just find a bunch of FVJ Jason's and make a good few... one for you, one for me... and one for another Freak!! They were so much fun to do, I can't wait for another shot at it.

I will definitely get around to getting you to paint something I own....It would be an honor...Plus there might even be a shinny new NICKLE in it for ya!!!!!!!

kingdarkness03 said:
I will definitely get around to getting you to paint something I own....It would be an honor...Plus there might even be a shinny new NICKLE in it for ya!!!!!!!

:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

And I be damn proud to take that nickel and put that b*tch in a jar to eventually use 10 years later when I've saved enough to buy a 6-pack of beer! :lol :lol

DarkArtist81 said:
:mwaha :mwaha :mwaha :mwaha

And I be damn proud to take that nickel and put that b*tch in a jar to eventually use 10 years later when I've saved enough to buy a 6-pack of beer! :lol :lol

I want one those beers damn it....

I painted my Part VII hockey mask today, on a wild whim.... I'll probably tinker with it a little more later.... I like it alot, but there are things about it I know I can do better... Just wanted to have a little fun with it. :D

Anyways, here it is...

115685212RL112507516.jpg

115685198RL374506407.jpg

115685185RL366067686.jpg

115685120RL205821444.jpg

Awsome work, man. It was fantastic before, but it's even better now.

And I just may take you up on that Anakin offer. I'll have to see how bad mine is when I get it.

Your a painting machine Josh ...You better slow down or you won't have anything left to paint:lol ...looks great!!

Thanks guys!! Yeah, it seems like this may be the last thing I can paint for now.... :monkey2

I finally ran out.... guess I will have to wait until I get my modern Kurgan and Connor.... Then I can paint again!!! :devil :devil :devil

And Badism... thanks as well... And remember... I'll paint that Anakin no problem if you decide to do it. And this time I'll probably be able to do an even better job that I did on my own! :lol

so u gonna do a Origins Kurgan. sweet! custom Medi evil Kurgans forever!!

Mookeylama said:
so u gonna do a Origins Kurgan. sweet! custom Medi evil Kurgans forever!!

I'm gonna try ML..... Hopefully I can pull it off. It will be the first figure I've created most of the clothing for... so it will be tough.

But there is a lot of love there so I hope to do a good job. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back