Darth Vader, custom figures.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Umm not sure how to say this without sounding like a prat, one or two i let go cheap just to make ends meet, building is fun, i must have some sort of passion do do them repeatably but i do get fed up with the sight of him/them.

Customikey said:
I've seen Hurricane's Vaders go up for $300. With all the work he puts into them, I imagine they are well worth it. Someone needs to put Hurricane's Vader next to that custom Anakin that's been flitting about the net.

Last edited:
hurricane said:
Umm not sure how to say this without sounding like a prat, $300? try £350 GBP...one or two i let go cheap just tom make ends meet, most went for the above amount, building is fun, i must have some sort of passion do do them repeatably but i do get fed up with the sight of him/them.

.....Prat

:D

Nice to be able to say what I think out in the open Hurricane.
Your Vaders are always THE BEST!

Keep it up and keep raising that bar.

Also, love the pic of you in costume. I should have known. :D

Wow, the only thing cooler than one of Hurricane's 1/6 scale custom Vader figures is his actual life-size Vader costume. :monkey5

By the way, I'll be sending you a PM sometime in the very near future about possibly doing one of these great figures for me. :cool:

Hi, heres the latest Vader off the line, not quite finished but i took some pics for the owner,usual stuff, hasbro talky vader torso,with swivel waist,new arms,improved legs,ankle joints.Hasbro retailored body suit,hand made capes (look a bit short need to be left for a while to hang properly) bendy hands/leatherette gaunlets,second set of fixed hands with plug -in cold cathode lit saber (I have sorted these cathode tubes to be both cordless and in body powered, but the owner wanted this one to be mains driven)Light up belt boxes ,chest box etc etc...The owner wanted the 'burnt Anakin' head fitted , so it is on a ball joint.Hand made metal reveal gutts etc. these vaders dwarf the medicom ones, they stand 13.5 inches tall.
5887300c.jpg

70defbbe.jpg

7e0f43f7.jpg

980e900c.jpg

fc4e1062.jpg

Ive sorted the height issue now i hope(with the ROTS sideshow based vader)....
a338b420.jpg

e5c14070.jpg

Man those are awesome customs!! Where can you get the light up saber's???

Cowboy, the sabers are made with a Cold Cathode light and inserted into the hilts. Go to coolerguys.com and buy some 6-inch tubes. I converted all of my sabers to cathodes and they look EXACTLY like they do in the films. Best custom upgrade I ever made. :lsvader

I've got to try to do that sometime. I am not that good at electrical stuff. But it does look great!
Hurricane, your Vaders are, as always, ASTOUNDING!

1/6 vader, no lights no sounds, uses hybrid hasbro 14" vader body with new arms,improved legs,pelvic articulation (ball jointed) aditional upper chest articulation, screen accurate smaller belt boxes,etc.
DSCF0016-1.jpg

hurricane said:
1/6 vader, no lights no sounds, uses hybrid hasbro 14" vader body with new arms,improved legs,pelvic articulation (ball jointed) aditional upper chest articulation, screen accurate smaller belt boxes,etc.
DSCF0016-1.jpg

That turned out very nice. The gloves look really good too, what are they made of?

Back