Fact: Sideshow Doesnt have the Highlander licence anymore.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So, who is going to make a Medieval Kurgan for us now?

If we're lucky, SSC has decided to make one after all, and they will announce it during Toy Fair. And the reason why we currently can't find the Highlander products on the SSC site, is because Sideshow Chris is adding new pictures or so? Wishful thinking? Yes, perhaps...

Alice Adrenochrome said:
So, who is going to make a Medieval Kurgan for us now?

If we're lucky, SSC has decided to make one after all, and they will announce it during Toy Fair. And the reason why we currently can't find the Highlander products on the SSC site, is because Sideshow Chris is adding new pictures or so? Wishful thinking? Yes, perhaps...
:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

What killed the line is anyone who didn't buy the figures. I have all 5 so It ain't my fault. It's also possible that sideshow only really planed to make those 5, then again if they sold out really fast I guess they would of made more.

denger4000 said:
What killed the line is anyone who didn't buy the figures. I have all 5 so It ain't my fault. It's also possible that sideshow only really planed to make those 5, then again if they sold out really fast I guess they would of made more.

Maybe people didn't want to buy those figures thanks to the last two movies!:monkey3 :monkey1

carbo-fation said:
Maybe people didn't want to buy those figures thanks to the last two movies!:monkey3 :monkey1

:lol :lol or the TV serie....

More like the last 3 movies and soon to be parts 5, 6 and 7 with the new Source trilogy coming out. In fact, this could be just the shot in the arm this license needs although I agree only the first film is worth watching. In any case it may be wishful thinking but it is odd that there is no trace of it anywhere, no archived product images, nothing. Let's hope Toy Fair will bring us some answers but knowing Sideshow it could be that they are having a little "fun" leaving the Krusade in suspense because they know we will be going out of our minds. Even if the line is dead and buried, it won't stop the Krusade. I think we have pretty much moved on anyway so there won't be many a tear shed over it. And if NECA is now the sole license holder then they can do whatever they want with it. In all of my years of collecting I have seen licenses move from company to company with different products, some good, some not-so-good but eventually something I have always wanted and waited for does eventually get made.

I recently purchased the origins Conner and Duncan from a online retailer for $20.00 each. They had the modern versions for the same price. The origins Kurgan would be cool, but the figure I really wanted from this line was Rameriez. Having one custom made is going to cost a small fortune. At least I have the sword from the origins Conner, and someone lined up to do the head sculpt. Now I have to find someone who can make the costume. I'm really ticked that SS didn't do a "generic" Rameriez similiar to what was done on the POTA Brent :rolleyes: That would have saved me some money in having the costume done. I've pretty much accepted that I will have to have most of the heads on my collect redone, but would like to avoid the additional cost of sewing and fabricating clothes.

I still think it's weird that the product pages are all gone.

Other long sold out and dead product lines still have their pages up for the sake of reference. Look at Monty Python, for instance. Or the Mummy Wrestler Little Big Head.

It's like they're completely wiping all memory of the Highlander line out of existence...

This is SS's way of taking revenge for the Kurgan pumpkin!

:cut :winkpumpk

dr2red said:
Weird I tried the search and nothing comes up at all.
I have tried Kurgan, Mcleod, Connor, nothing brings up
any reference to Highlander. It is like they never existed at
all. I went to 12 inch figures and clicked on highlander and
this is the message I received.
I'm sorry, there are currently no products matching your criteria.

I mean my beloved POTA did not sell very well either and it
did not disappear.
maybe its in the retired section

Actually, the more I think about it, the more I am inclined to believe it is gone for good. They would not have removed the Highlander logo from the main page as well. I think it's a good bet it's history.

And sorry Galactiboy, I hate to say this but I think Planet of the Apes may be next. I loved that line as well.

There can be only none!

It's not like they were gonna do anything else with that license anyway. At least I got two very nice Connor MacLeod figures out of it, and I will forever mourn the Ramirez that never was. :monkey2

yruh8n said:
I recently purchased the origins Conner and Duncan from a online retailer for $20.00 each. They had the modern versions for the same price. The origins Kurgan would be cool, but the figure I really wanted from this line was Rameriez. Having one custom made is going to cost a small fortune. At least I have the sword from the origins Conner, and someone lined up to do the head sculpt. Now I have to find someone who can make the costume. I'm really ticked that SS didn't do a "generic" Rameriez similiar to what was done on the POTA Brent :rolleyes: That would have saved me some money in having the costume done. I've pretty much accepted that I will have to have most of the heads on my collect redone, but would like to avoid the additional cost of sewing and fabricating clothes.

yeah, i plan on getting a custom Ramirez together too. had a wonderfully talented seamstress do the outfit already and ur right...it was a small fortune lol. unfortunately she's recently decided to get out of the 1/6 hobby so there's one less person to do the outfit. i plan on getting a Frontline head for it. here's a pic she sent me to show progress.

ramirez1st6.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back