Fact: Sideshow Doesnt have the Highlander licence anymore.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
TheObsoleteMan said:
That looks great!

Now you need some 1/6 scale pea**** feathers. ;)

heh.

ramirez3gz1.jpg

she attempted the Cloak of Feathers but said it was too much for her. :lol

Okay, now I'm really impressed. :bow

Please be sure to post finished pics of that Spanish haggis.

LOTRFan said:
This is SS's way of taking revenge for the Kurgan pumpkin!

:cut :winkpumpk
It is not my fault they were intimidated by it's greatness.
kurganolanternjm0.jpg

as much as i wanted to get the medieval kurgan i doubt it will happen. if SS decided to do it anyways they would probably make it super rare like 500 or so of them which would tick me off because this would be the only must have highlander figure of them all. right now i only have the modern duncan because i used a giftcard to get him. i was hoping they would keep moving with this line and release some better versions of the characters.

Oh well. Sideshow did a half assed job with license anyway.

Lets hope HT picks it up and does it some justice. Hell NECA did more with one 6" box set than SS ever did with 5 12" figures.

I love mine, because I love the film so much. But in all honesty SS dropped the ball on these and I'm happy to see them without the license(at least I think they no longer have the license.

sunohc said:
maybe its in the retired section
I checked the retired section and Highlander is missing from
there as well.
I checked all of the 12 inch as well and they are just gone.
Perhaps to save money they are refurbishing them to sell
as new Dead figures.
New Zombie Scots featuring Connor, and Duncan.
The dead are always popular.

dr2red said:
I checked the retired section and Highlander is missing from
there as well.
I checked all of the 12 inch as well and they are just gone.
Perhaps to save money they are refurbishing them to sell
as new Dead figures.
New Zombie Scots featuring Connor, and Duncan.
The dead are always popular.

Amoktime is liquidating Sideshow's inventory at blowout $19.99 prices. They are also liquidating Sideshow's inventory of Planet of the Apes (non-exclusive versions) which reinforces my theory that Apes will be the next license to "disappear" completely from Sideshow's site as they make room for new licenses in 2007 like WoW and Spiderman.

Also, if you are still looking for the Modern Kurgan, Toywiz still has him for $53 for February shipping.

Well I guess now we know why most of us Krusaders kleaned up during Oktoberkurganuary. They were indeed handing out the konsolation prizes to us Krusaders to soften the blow of removing the license. Oh well, thanks anyway. Sideshow still rocks. :rock:rock:rock

BUMP.....I WANT THE WORLD TO KNOW THAT SIDESHOW HAS FAILED US.

I share your pain in this time of sadness. And, should the beloved Apes fall next, it sure is a good thing to have WoW to fall back on < implicit sarcasm>.
I guess we can never trust the "no license is ever dead" line again, eh?

Shai Hulud said:
BUMP.....I WANT THE WORLD TO KNOW THAT SIDESHOW HAS FAILED US.

Actually...it kinda looks like The Krusade failed you. Utterly. Kompletely. ....

You guys totally got hosed.

Last edited:
Customikey said:
Actually...it kinda looks like The Krusade failed you. Utterly. Kompletely. ....

You guys totally got hosed.

yup. we're hosed. shucky-darn, do I feel hosed. :monkey2

Last edited:
pixletwin said:
yup. we're hosed. shucky-darn, do I feel hosed. :monkey2

Sorry, dude. I'd hate to have a figure I was really excited about not happen. I'm deleting the :rotfl from my previous post.

Customikey said:
Sorry, dude. I'd hate to have a figure I was really excited about not happen. I'm deleting the :rotfl from my previous post.
The fact that Sideshow erased all traces of Highlander from their site following the big Krusade is a little bit funny though. :lol

No offense Krusaders.

thats all really odd IMO.

Im betting all the SS Highlander stuff will show back up in the archives.
... if not, its even more odd.

Yeah, my guess is they are archiving the figures. There is no reason (except possible fear of the Krusade) to remove a product listing. Especially when over the past couple of months they posted a review of the Connor figure and some other Highlander blurbs...

But as for the line, yeah, I think we can all agree thats dead :rip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back