• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Forum Commerce Rules: EVERYONE MUST READ

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly, what good would it do to anyone to see how much something sold for 6 months ago? I thought you guys were against "flipping" on this board....wouldnt knowing how much something sold for x-amount of days/months/years ago promote flipping?

Besides, this is an ever changing organism and all you should be concerned about is the price now, not in the past or future unless you have an interest to flip?

Anyway, im with Shell.

I have a question or comment about leaving feed back.
Why do some people wait until the item arrives to the buyer before leaving feedback?
If the buyer has already sent the seller payment either with paypal or a money order and the buyer receives the payment in a very fast manner, I think feedback should be left for the buyer right away.
When the item arrives from the seller that's when the seller gets his or her feedback from the buyer, the buyer shouldn't have to wait to receive his/her feedback the whole time.
I know this isn't eBay but when I buy something off there and the seller got my payment, I was left positive feedback when payment arrived.
I then left feedback when the item arrived.

Or you could be patient.

Our philosophy is leave it when you feel like. Most people just happen to feel like waiting until the transaction has been completed--which means the seller has their money/goods and the buyer has their loot.

Why do some people wait until the item arrives to the buyer before leaving feedback?

Though the buyer's obligation is complete upon payment, there is still ample opportunity for the buyer to turn into a crazy person and cause an unreasonable amount of grief for the seller. It's best, for both parties, to leave feedback once the transaction is 100% complete.

So I just had a buyer "flake out" of a transaction.

Everything was agreed upon and I was awaiting payment.

Couple of days later the buyer notifies me they can no longer afford the piece.

Does this warrant a neutral or a negative?

I think it would be neutral, but don't quote me on that.

I wouldn't give either. :huh While it may be disappointing that a sale fell through, if no money changed hands and all you are out is some time sending PMs then no big deal in my book.

Its neither. In order for it be a transaction money has to be sent or a piece mailed. What you have is a flaky proposition.

I agree, if it was only a couple of days then meh...:huh now if they strung you along for a week or more with unkept promises and BS...then...you learned to only hold an item for as long as you're comfortable. :)

New rule:

One sales thread per person at a time. Put all your items in the title.

:duff

Please take note of the new Rule added to Commerce section, it applies with immediate effect.

Anyone with multiple threads will have them merged so please ensure when you start a thread, you list ALL your items for sale.
Starting one thread per item is not allowed.

Many thanks
Shell
x :peace

Last edited:
I took a look at the New Rules, but I have a question.

One of the items I sold has sadly not found it's way into the hands of my buyer. I stupidly sent it off without any kind of tracking, so it's God Knows Where in the postal system. My buyer has been waiting for it for about two and a half weeks now ( I sent it via Priority), and hope is waning that he will ever see it.

Do I owe him a refund?

On the "refund" side, he paid for an item he never received.
On the "no refund" side, I did send the item he paid for, and I'm not sure I should be held responsible for the postal services incompetence. I do have a receipt to show i sent the item.

What's the rule of thumb? I want to make sure I do right here. This is the first time I've ever had a transaction go bad.

Hmm, partial refund? Like what percentage? Can I get a poll on this or something? I'd love to see the communit really weigh in on this. I can't be the first one to have to deal with this. I mean, I suppose I could be, but how embarrassing! Like being the first person ever to get genital warts.

"Maybe it's evolution, Scott. Or you're just calloused. Try squeezing them, ya mutant."

Start a thread Mike. I am sure lots of people will chime in.

And genital warts arent really that bad :)

:lol Sorry not laughing at you, just the last comment.

May I ask was the item insured? was it an International shipment?. I only ask because I once bought something from someone here (International buy) and it took 2 months to get here from the US.

Personally, I would wait a little longer to see if it arrives. If it does not and you have insurance then give it another week and put a claim in, then you can refund the buyer once it's processed. If you didn't have insurance then you could offer a full/partial refund depending on what you work out with the buyer.
I hope it all works out for you Mikey :duff
x :wave

Might not get many views there Mike.

Ask a mod to move it to a move viewed are, like Other Topics.

Back