Gandalf 12" or Weta statue ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No question that it's a 12" figure, and not the SSW statue. Here's a somewhat clearer enlargement of the case:

gandalf_1-6.jpg

It does appear that the other figures are all Star Wars, but then, they all look like UPCOMING figures, which Gandalf would be as well. There's Leia, Old Ben, and what looks like Sidious.

But the key is Gandalf's pose. He is definitely facing to the left, but there is no outstretched arm, as the SSW statue has, so it has to be a different figure.

Nice sleuthing there. Not that I'm surprised, as I saw little or no reason that Sideshow would not do GtG, who will (arguably with Frodo and Aragorm) be the top draw of the 1:6 LOTR line.

I wonder what else they've got in that cabinet?

This is great, we are really getting closer it seems to completing the fellowship. I hope we see something official in tonights newsletter.

maybe Vader will have the Gandolf body and have some good height to him.....although it's probably just the same body used for Qui-gon.

maybe leia is just short?

I wonder if after this sideshow will start becoming real careful with posting pictures of inside their offices?

Hopefully since they probably know that this has been leaked they'll let us know about it in the news letter today.

Sweet! If that is a Gandalf 12 inch - count me in!!! I suppose SSC may become more careful with the pictures they put up......the freaks have discovered Thing and now this......:lol :lol Or perhaps it's a bit of a game for them......anyway good eye everyone!!

Sweet! If that is a Gandalf 12 inch - count me in!!! I suppose SSC may become more careful with the pictures they put up......the freaks have discovered Thing and now this......:lol :lol Or perhaps it's a bit of a game for them......anyway good eye everyone!!

Nah. I think they like to throw stuff like that out there.

Gandalf isn't on the tall body, it's just that Leia is on the short female body, which is pretty tiny. I REALLY hope they announce this tonight--maybe now the LOTR line will finally start to pick up the pace! Can you imagine having 3 figures on preorder? That's just too wonderful for words!!!

Gandalf isn't on the tall body, it's just that Leia is on the short female body, which is pretty tiny. I REALLY hope they announce this tonight--maybe now the LOTR line will finally start to pick up the pace! Can you imagine having 3 figures on preorder? That's just too wonderful for words!!!

i bet he is on the same body as Qui-gon...look at Leia Boush next to qui-gon....assuming both Leia's are on the same body, it appears similiar.

I seriously doubt that. Gandalf is not very tall, and there's no reason he should be on the tall body. Saruman should be, definitely, but not Gandalf. I think Leia is just very short next to him, plus he has lots of hair and a hat. If he is on a taller body he will tower over Aragorn and Legolas and the others, which ought not to be. That would be a big mistake, so I'm hoping he's not, though I doubt that he is.

Cap'n is right. Ian Mckellen is only 5'11 (per IMDB). So a normal body is likely what he is on.

Back