Hot Toys Giger Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looks like they used the same mouth from the predalien.

I'm not loving it,or hot toys for that matter.

Boycott? Really?

There used to be a time when boycotting something held meaning, or was for a righteous, just cause. Or at the very least, was political or was an affront to your sensibilities.

Here it's just indicative of a group of collectors who decide to throw a tantrum when a company doesn't cater exactly to your demands, even though you know full well the kind of work and attention that goes into the process. You can't get everything right all the time, a principle that is applicable to the highest ends of merchandise.

Grow up, you crybabies. I hate using this dictum, but....If you don't like it, DON'T BUY IT.

Its one thing not to buy it if you don't like it. But its another when you like it, save up to buy it being promised it was the best just to be 'surprised' to have another one come out which makes your buy obsolete... Maybe its because you're made up of money... unlike some of us who actually earn them with our own sweat and blood...

Just check this out. Even though I have not personally owned an Alien, I do feel your pain:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59446&highlight=alien

Yes, to be honest I'm not sure I'd buy it even if the sculpt was flawless, after the poor qulaity of my Alien Warrior.

If you don't like it, DON'T BUY IT.
is this what all world dictators could say? "if you don't like our country, don't look at it."
this "if you don't like - don't watch" is so childish. and so popular. and leads to all ^^^^ production. crazy fans are those who are responsible for producers thinking "well, somebody will buy it anyway".

and the main thing. "if you don't like it - don't use it" should work for somebody who makes his own.

producing figures by movie licenses is NOT making your own.
copying means demands to quality of copying.

the problem is that all this may look like hating the producer.
but hating means ignoring. and in this thread i see praying to a respected producer: "please make it well and don't be like those who we ignore."

Last edited:
Never seen this piece before, love it! Looks like he's about to chomp Parker. No dome with it though?

Yep, like Abake said, it does. It's the '99 Marmit A Type pose. Here's another of HD's close up shots.
99A2.jpg

Here's the whole thing.
99A.jpg

99A5.jpg

99A6.jpg

Notice it also has the inner mouth. HD and I both took it out of ours. I filed mine down and re-glued it so it fit inside the mouth. Don't have pics of that uploaded right now though.

They nailed the sculpt and proportions IMO. It's one of my favorite Alien collectibles.

Here's the '99 B Type. Mouth and head shpe is really good on this one too.
99Bside.jpg

99B5.jpg

Back on topic, fix the head HT!
:monkey2

Really like the pose of the B version... the A seems a little on the cartoony side.

Nice that HT is working on the figure, I'm sure the final product will be closer... but I don't believe it will be perfect. However, HT's will be close enough that I'll be fine with the inaccuracies.

I'm really counting on hot toys to fix the head, I want this fig bad but
with the way it currently looks I wont buy it.
The mouth reminds me of godzilla.

Jamesways, those are both great pieces. I thought that "Type A" was the one posed as per the Giger Museum piece though?

Nope, type A is the "attack" pose, type B is the "stoop" The one you're thinking of is the 23" vinyl they released two years ago. Seen the prices for that on ebay lately? 800 bucks!

aln-014a_1.jpg

That's another one HT should have used for reference.

If the head stays the way it currently is, I'll pass. And then write HT a letter thanking them for saving me debating/getting grief from the wife about why I need another $150 Alien "toy".
:rotfl

Ah, I see. Thanks.

I've not really paid much attention to "statues" as I like poseable action figures, but I think these may be the only way of ever getting an accurate 1/6th scale Alien now that HT seem to be missing the opportunity.

If I just fog the dome and use the spare hands to correct the second thumb, I can definitely live with this.

I am thinking about fogging the dome on my NECA one as I like it better than this Hot Toys version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back