Hot Toys - MMS149 - Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street: Sweeney Todd

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, but those are figures of Bruce himself, not a character he's playing. He's much more iconic.

But with more personality. And he has a lot of cool gadgets.

Very true- but I thought Depp was excellent as John Dillinger...heartless and ruthless basterd running around robbing banks..he'd make a very interesting figure IMO

Very true- but I thought Depp was excellent as John Dillinger...heartless and ruthless basterd running around robbing banks..he'd make a very interesting figure IMO

I agree about his performance...but don't think he'd make an interesting figure. Maybe I'm in the minority. :dunno

I agree about his performance...but don't think he'd make an interesting figure. Maybe I'm in the minority. :dunno

It's not just history of John Dillinger from the movie, but also real life history of John Dillinger... its not for everyone though and I certainly respect your opinion ;):hi5:

^^ No you are not. There are lots of characters to see first: Willy Wonka, Mad Hatter, Crane and/or Edward S. are the strong ones IMO

It's not just history of John Dillinger from the movie, but also real life history of John Dillinger... its not for everyone though and I certainly respect your opinion ;):hi5:

I'd love a Dillinger, he'd look awesome next to the HT Godfather.

Just telling it like it is. Sorry if that offends anyone. Not my intention :peace

HT has done, and can do better. You can tell who it is, but if HT's selling point is gritty realism, then there is room for improvement.

sweeney_l.jpg

But I've made my point and will move on. Still gonna be a great figure, particularly with the chair.

I do agree with you, there is always room for improvement even on a figure as fantastic as this! ,but "if i had to nitpick" at it then i would say the eyes need to be bigger.

hottoyssweeneytodd14.jpg

hottoyssweeneytodd14xxxxx.jpg

They just can't seem to get the hook and point of his nose right. It's a good sculpt though. Much closer than the dx attempt and bodes well for improvements on that one.

I do agree with you, there is always room for improvement even on a figure as fantastic as this! ,but "if i had to nitpick" at it then i would say the eyes need to be bigger.

How much bigger can they get?

Fair enough:)

Don't get me wrong. I agree with you that there are certain features that are not spot on, such as the eyes, or the cheekbones, which should be a little more pronouned, but I also think that making them bigger (the eyes), as in your PS, it totally changes his expression, which IMO is awesome. :wink1:

I wanted some bloody shirts and a bloody headsculpt as accessories, guess I'm buying two Sweeney's to make my own. And I already feel a burning hole without a Mrs. Lovett. It's going to nag at me every time I look at Sweeney on my shelf, that he doesn't have Mrs. Lovett with him to complete the duet.

Deeply satisfying to see these pictures though. I know I'm going to treasure this figure.

I think the sculpt is fantastic as is. One of HT's best. Truely amazing. I don't think you could show the figure to anyone who knows who Johhny Depp is and have them not know who it is.

While Dillinger would be cool, I don't think he'll be next, or possibly at all. HT did say they didn't do any Inception figures because they were just guys in suits. Then they go and release a suited Bruce Lee :lol Granted the period suit would make it more interesting that a modern suit character, but I guess it all comes down to just how deep they are going to go into Depp's history and roles. I'd love for them to just slaughter Medicom's dreams of a great Depp line. And if Medi is any indication, Crane and Hatter are the next most likely choices for HT.

Brilliant figure, nothing to say.
And it's a really good sculpt!

P.S. I just dont see much JDepp as Sweeney in it :nana:

P.P.S. GIVE ME MY DEADMAN FIGURE YOU F___ S___ of da B___

Lets see, HT has ruined Enterbay and demolished Medicom. Good thing Sideshow has partnered up with them! HT is bloodthirsty aren't they! :lol

Back