Ikea Granas Coffee Table become awesome Display Case

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep painting the frame Flat black and the board semi gloss so the light can reflect off of it.

Geil is right, my dimensions will not be same and neither will anyone else. Its not an 1inch off each corner. You have to take into account a fraction of an inch due to the frame. My suggestion, flip the table over with the legs attached and measure it upside down. Don't use the legs unattached and trace it because it won't fit. I didn't take that into consideration for this first one. I had to do some trimming. For the 2nd one I will learn from my mistakes.

On three corners it is. One was slightly off and this is due to me not doing the measurements I mentioned above.

On three corners it is. One was slightly off and this is due to me not doing the measurements I mentioned above.

I don't notice any issues ;)
In the end it's a case so as long as it's mostly see through and what is inside is awesome the rest goes mostly unnoticed ( well except to us the maker lol) n Dude you are already a step ahead of me maybe that gets me going soon :monkey3

Yeah I know the panels will fit. I already did the measurements and hopefully will go to this shop in my area that home depot guy told me to go visit. The bottom board is aligned with the top so no problems there. Its just a small part of the edge..I tried to sand it down a little. It helped just a little bit. But hopefully it will look good when its done.

:clapThat looks like a really good start, I pulled mine out to take some measurements and watched a couple how to videos off utube for the LED strip lights, this is going to be a little more work than I thought but worth it in the long run. Keep us posted Kicker.:wave

I really want to try that LED strip lights but my electronics skills are crap. So I guess I might do the dioder...and if someone can break it down for LED lights set up for stupid write up I would appreciate it. thanks

After looking at the LED strip lights that Geil posted,Thanks Geil, I was thinking the same thing, so I went on U-Tube to look for some info, try gapsupply they have a few and there are more, you don't have to use there stuff but it seems to be all the same LED that Geil is posting and it doesn't look that hard to do, take a look.

Ok painting done. Gonna go for glass side panels. Suggestions on what to keep it up?

Hi guys got my material today and got started, took lots of pics but still need to find out how to post them, looking into it now.

Ok that's not rite got Photobucket, uploaded pics, can get to the IMG code but how do I paste the URL what ever that is to SSC I know I am close.:dunno

Just copy and paste the code that begins with

I have the Photobucket iPad app with the pics uploaded just to get them in this thread is another thing, on my iPad I don't see paste anywhere, going to try Utube for a how to vid. there must be lots of freaks that use iPads.

Back