Lego The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Ot: Lotr lego coming

^^^ :lol Indeed.

hmmmmmm.....Does Lego just sell the characters? I just want the characters and not the buildings/scenes.

They sell magnet-figures and some small character sets on shop.lego.com. I'm not an expert but the selection is kinda random. I think the exclusivity of the figures is a selling point for the sets so I wouldn't count on mini-fig individuals for LOTR, at least for a while.

So, how does one go about owning the entire fellowship?

The thing I love about Legos is by something as simple as how the smile/lips look they can totally make a minifig look just like the actor. Legos 4-Life...:rock

Some idiot on Amazon is pre-selling single figures for waaaaaaaay too much.

I noticed that the Lego sets were up for pre-order at Target. Check out the price differences - TRU on the left, Target on the right:

Gandalf Arrives - $16.99 $12.99

Shelob Attacks - $24.99 $19.99

Urak-Hai Army - $34.99 $29.99

Attack on Weathertop - $79.99 $59.99

Mines of Moria - $99.99 $79.99

Battle of Helms Deep - $159.99 $129.99

That's an $84 difference if you bought them all. :horror

Thanks for posting the Target link. They listed that the Lego Sets are not available in store. I would imagine this only relates to them not being released yet, but I didn't want to deal with TRU pricing, and the gas spent driving around trying to find these. One of each ordered, scheduled to arrive on May 21st!

Just an FYI, the Target exclusive Orc Forge is in stock on their site now and includes an exclusive poster with orders over $50 (its only $40). So I just ordered that and the Mines of Moria since it was the only other LotR set in stock and have free shipping. I'll pay taxes or shipping, but not both. So I'm waiting for the others to show up in stores or Lego.com. Maybe even Sideshow if they get them soon!

Saw these sets today. they look amazing. The Battle at Helms deep set and the Uruk Hai Army set look to be the best.

OT but saw the new Monster lego line to.pretty nifty sets

Has Sideshow historically ever sold LEGOs?

You don't read the newsletter or visit the site very often do you? :lol

Yeah, they started selling Legos a couple of months ago. But they seem to be slow at getting new ones in. :(

Saw these sets today. they look amazing. The Battle at Helms deep set and the Uruk Hai Army set look to be the best.

OT but saw the new Monster lego line to.pretty nifty sets

At TRU or somewhere else? I'm dying to get both of thes lines. I'm guessing the Uruk set is actually part of Helms Deep and is great for Army building/expanding the castle.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BxKLC7uy0c&list=UU2g84UPgnq7wxFlw5qtrtRw&index=5&feature=plcp[/ame]

That's awesome.............:clap
need to buy the whole set for the fellowship!!!!!

At TRU or somewhere else? I'm dying to get both of thes lines. I'm guessing the Uruk set is actually part of Helms Deep and is great for Army building/expanding the castle.[/QUOTE]

TRU. It was a 100$ for the Helms deep set cant remember how much the Uruk Hai set was tho. The Gandalf Arrival set looks great too.

OT the Monster line has this Ghost train set and a Herse set that looks so freaking cool

At TRU or somewhere else? I'm dying to get both of thes lines. I'm guessing the Uruk set is actually part of Helms Deep and is great for Army building/expanding the castle.

TRU. It was a 100$ for the Helms deep set cant remember how much the Uruk Hai set was tho. The Gandalf Arrival set looks great too.

OT the Monster line has this Ghost train set and a Herse set that looks so freaking cool[/QUOTE]

That can't be right. Helm's Deep retails for $120 and I think TRU wants like $150 for it. If it really was $100, I'd run back there now if I were you! :lol

I'm dying to get them all too, but not at TRU's prices. You end up paying like $90 over retail if you just got all of the LotR sets from them! :google

Sets look great. TORn will be reviewing on of the sets in the next few days. Looking forward to seeing what he thinks of the set and I need to get on getting these sets.

Back