MANDO's BvS Robin memorial, Classic Bats and Joker, ⨷ Red Son Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: X's Customs & Original Sculpts: The BAT-MAN ('39 era)

Did you do that cape yourself Mando? I think I recognize the stand from the DC Direct Silver Age Superman. Very nice choice.

display_zps56420c8d.jpg
[/QUOTE]

GREAT looking figure!!! Amazing details!!

Very Cool Mando now you need a Joker. :cool:

Thanks, SirGor. I don't know if I can handle any more clowns on the shelf.

I love it :clap:clap:clap

Thanks, Tony!

This is a beautiful piece of artwork - everything about it is flawless - congratulations mate

Thans, Sean!

Did you do that cape yourself Mando? I think I recognize the stand from the DC Direct Silver Age Superman. Very nice choice.

You are correct about the stand. I was a DCD whore in the early 2000's. Still prefer much of what they did to Mattel's stuff. The cape is actually from the 13" modern Batman I've holding onto it for years just for this. I painted the inside blue.

GREAT looking figure!!! Amazing details!!

Thanks, Siquisiri!

I don't usually use "absolutely gorgeous" to describe a figure, but it certainly fits here. :bow

I don't imagine you use the term "absoutely gorgeous" much at all. :D

Yeah that's about as cool as it gets. Perfect! :clap

Thanks, Voorhees!

Been looking for a good Halloween theme project. I think I may have found it:

9909751663_7fe8057b7a_z.jpg

Sleep tight!:wave

Re: X's Customs & Original Sculpts: The BAT-MAN ('39 era), Scarecrow Headsculpt (WiP)

I really dig it. Scarecrow was always one of my favorite Bat-Villains.

Re: X's Customs & Original Sculpts: The BAT-MAN ('39 era), Scarecrow Headsculpt (WiP)

Scarecrow looks awesome X. What head is behind him to the right?

I really dig it. Scarecrow was always one of my favorite Bat-Villains.

Thanks, Sam. Scarecrow is one of my favorites as well. I always thought Bats had some of the most interesting villains.

Scarecrow looks awesome X. What head is behind him to the right?

Thanks, Fox. Thats a Punisher head I've been sitting on for a while.

OMG!!!! that batman is perfect..... oh btw, thanks mando for the new head for the dx recently, it is perfection......how about making me one of those 39 batman?:wink1:

Re: X's Customs & Original Sculpts - Killer Croc, TDK/Rises Bats

Got tired of waiting on HT.

Joker (Arkham Asylum):

"I set the trap, and you sprang it gloriously!"

9098146532_0d9cb4dbe3_z.jpg

9098144764_3c85d87f57_z.jpg

9095916519_15d8a2e356_z.jpg

9095915731_806d172d4d_z.jpg

9098152104_2c3e56e4aa_z.jpg

I think this one is better than anything hot toys could have done. they might make a different sculpt but hands down a good joker.

So beautiful :monkey2

the only thing missing from the 1930's batman would be the pistol and holster he kept on his right side.

in the early detective comics back when he started off fighting gangsters before super-villains. I don't even know if he had baterangs back until DC wanted to make it more acceptable for children to read so the gun was dropped and baterangs and gadgets were it.

Been looking for a good Halloween theme project. I think I may have found it:

9909751663_7fe8057b7a_z.jpg

Sleep tight!:wave

that's an interesting scarecrow we are offering one too.

scare_crow_head_sculpt_by_sean_dabbs_fx-d4brtir.jpg

Scarecrow needed some feet.

10013879114_72f3c1a27b.jpg

the only thing missing from the 1930's batman would be the pistol and holster he kept on his right side.

in the early detective comics back when he started off fighting gangsters before super-villains. I don't even know if he had baterangs back until DC wanted to make it more acceptable for children to read so the gun was dropped and baterangs and gadgets were it.

He only sported the .45 in a few issues. It was never a staple of the early comics. DC only made one push to make Batman more appealing to kids, and that was Robin.

Good looking kicks for Scarecrow! Can't wait to see how this one turns out, he's always been one of the cooler looking members of the Rogues Gallery :rock

yes 5 comics including batman #1 but he had used a gun since then as well. in batman 21, and several issued brandishing several different arsenal until the tv show and before that with the intro of baterang then only on occasion does he have a pistol or automatic weapon. in early 60's he taught robin to shoot robin had a riffle in one panel disarming a crook with some quick shots.

you are right the holster did only appear in 5 comics. I was wrong about the fact he stopped using firearms even though he claimed in several comics to not use guns then you would see him using them so a convenience lapse of memory on batman's part.

robin appeared in the 40's so that was not a huge jump since his 1st appearance in 1939. But in those times it was acceptable for batman to carry a pistol or have a Gatling gun in his batplane barreling down on a van, or appearing on 2 WWII covers holding a gun.

I'm only stating that you did the batman from 1939 and in 1939 he was toting a .45 pistol. I don't care what he did in 1940 because even if he droped the holster he was still caring a pistol.

what changed could be because bill finger and bob cane was finally giving batman a bio 6mo after the fact. not long after then the holster mysteriously disappears but his costume started to change as well. some say the 1939 batman was his father or a different guy sporting the batsuit to explain away how brutal batman just straight up killed people.

MANDO's far too polite to respond, but I'm not. And given you've shown me zero respect, I feel no obligation to return the favor. I'm absolutely certain you would not appreciate MANDO trolling your threads critiquing every single decision you make about the Joes. Show him the respect you would expect if this were your thread and you were, say, using DDP Destro's son, Alexander McCullen's head as Destro's head for a vintage RAH bash. MANDO's custom, MANDO's choice. :wave

the new Yorker did a story it was the guns and riffle laws was the reason why batman had to give up his gun. my bad they issued something to to bob kane to lay off the use of firearms which is why the appearance was so brief. So batman himself was not allowed to own a gun but that's why he never stopped. but it is your custom. I just thought if you wanted a more accurate depiction of batman before he was forced not to carry guns.

not sure what nam wrote but im sure it wasn't good. I take back the issues I mentioned earlier because it doesn't matter because in 1939 the law was layed down which is why it was only a few issues. So you don't need the gun because everyone has forgotten he ever carried one to begin with.

Back