MANDO's BvS Robin memorial, Classic Bats and Joker, ⨷ Red Son Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: X's Customs & Original Sculpts: The BAT-MAN ('39 era), Scarecrow Headsculpt (WiP)

He only sported the .45 in a few issues. It was never a staple of the early comics. DC only made one push to make Batman more appealing to kids, and that was Robin.

not sure what nam wrote but im sure it wasn't good. I take back the issues I mentioned earlier because it doesn't matter because in 1939 the law was layed down which is why it was only a few issues. So you don't need the gun because everyone has forgotten he ever carried one to begin with.

:slap

:exactly:

Re: X's Customs & Original Sculpts: The BAT-MAN ('39 era), Scarecrow Headsculpt (WiP)

Good looking kicks for Scarecrow! Can't wait to see how this one turns out, he's always been one of the cooler looking members of the Rogues Gallery :rock

Thanks, GB. I've been playing with the idea in my head for a while , and its cool to start bringing it to life. Even took in an episode of the Animated series the other night for a little extra inspiration.

The attention to detail on your customs is really second to none, Xander. :bow

Thanks, Rich! I try to be as faithful to the material as possible while still adding a bit of my own in there. :duff

Meanwhile.... I keep forgetting to add this one in here. As many of my Cobras as I could squeeze into my dio alongside Keenan's amazing Hiss Tank.

9767654644_3950a5fb61_c.jpg

"I met this six year old child with this blank, pale, emotionless face, and the blackest eyes. The devil's eyes."

Well, I'd say its October by now so its time for a figure from one of my favorite movies: Halloween (1978). Been sitting on this one for a while. The sculpt is from Madbug, and the suit was from Saturday Toys I believe. It was orange when I got it, now its not. I opted for blue coveralls as to me that's the more iconic look.

The "Shape":

10031357496_13b492140a_z.jpg

10031422673_d12eee3047_z.jpg

10031420463_8f4a060db6_z.jpg

10031424343_2dde68a7ee_z.jpg

8143268047_384868734c_z.jpg

WiP:

7030940873_fb0a9bd2fc_z.jpg

Re: X's Customs & Original Sculpts: The Night He Came Home....

Looks really good. I used to be so happy with my stock Sideshow Michael Myers :lol

That Cobra Commander is. . .

41KJfeU.gif

Re: X's Customs & Original Sculpts: '39 Bats, '78 Myers

Myers looks brilliant Mando!

Could you share some tips on dyeing those coveralls ? I have the Art Toys Navy seal and for the life of me those damn things don't take the dye well.

Did you bleach first and then dye ?

if those coverhalls is polyester there is an Idye poly that will dye them. I used them on roadblocks pants to make them a rust brown by adding idye poly. I saw those overhauls and they look like poly with that sheen. you'll need more blue than green to make them the spruce color. if you go straight green or straight blue it wont exactly work with the original color well.

im not sure if mando went that rout their is one other company that does polyester dye. I don't know if bleach will remove the color since they use heat to bond it to the fabric and chemically treat it. where as cotton and rayon and wool will bleed with hot water and bleach reacts to them.
you could try boiling the water while the overhauls are in it then add bleach so the bleach could penetrate fabric to release dye. I don't recommend it at all.

there is I think a color remover for poly fabric by idye.
a link to instructions for removing color, sadly if it's poly it will only be one shade lighter im afraid.
https://www.jacquardproducts.com/as...dyes/idye/iDye Color Remover Instructions.pdf

I hope that was useful.

Last edited:

Could you share some tips on dyeing those coveralls ? I have the Art Toys Navy seal and for the life of me those damn things don't take the dye well.

FOr those Navy Seals coveralls it's easy. I put them for 10min in javel water. THey turned light yellow. Then I used regular RIT dye or DYlon dye.

Sorry for hijacking this thread :)

Color Remover is safer. But sometimes it won't work as well. I bleached the Saturday Toys suit, then dyed it denim blue, then grey, then finished it off with watered down acryllic to even everything out.

FOr those Navy Seals coveralls it's easy. I put them for 10min in javel water. THey turned light yellow. Then I used regular RIT dye or DYlon dye.

Sorry for hijacking this thread :)

Javel Water is bleach water 50/50 right? I've only ever had a black garment turn white once with bleach. Typically black turns orange for whatver reason. :dunno:lol

Yeah usually it tunrs kind of orange. I first try with colour remover but on black it's not working as well as bleach.

Wow. I'm going to try this for sure. Thanks for the tips guys (And you too Groovy :wink1:).

Looking good man... I've got this kit but I've been a bit intimidated by it :lol

is that the dude from legend?

Looking good man... I've got this kit but I've been a bit intimidated by it :lol

That's understandable, GB. Its a labor intensive custom for sure. I've been dedicating little bits of time to it here and there trying to get the body ready before I even gave painting the actual kit pieces a second thought.

is that the dude from legend?

Yep. Sculpted by Oscar c.v.:

https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=105477&highlight=darkness

Yeah, my first attempt with the body was a disaster, so it kind of killed my momentum. But it's a great kit so I'll eventually get it done.

8143268047_384868734c_z.jpg

:horror

FAWKING SICK!!!!

Who's the red guy?

Back