MANDO's BvS Robin memorial, Classic Bats and Joker, ⨷ Red Son Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: X's Customs & Original Sculpts: '39 Bats, '78 Myers, '83 Major Bludd

Absolutely; I think it's just one of those things that is inherently Golden Age Batman. The whole look just has those iconic traits that it really owns; from the large, slanted, Bat-like ears to the purple gloves. It's a very unique look, as well. Any plans for an Action #1 Superman to go with the big guy?

I'd love to see that too! :lecture:lecture:lecture:goodpost:

The more I think about it would be a fun one to tackle, although not something I think I'd want in my collection. Not much of a Supes guy. I'd definitely have to give him the ballet shoes! :D

There's a lot of Golden Age characters like that I would love to take a crack at. Sandman, Alan Scott GL, and Ma Hunkle Red Tornado come to mind.

Bludd still rocks.

Soooo where is Destro????

0240.gif

Re: X's Customs & Original Sculpts: '39 Bats, '78 Myers, '83 Major Bludd

Now that Ski's worked his magic I can unveil this one. This Face/Off stuff is sort of becoming my thing between Han, TDK Bats, and now Rocky. Not to mention a couple others on the back burner.

Relief cast taken from a HT Rambo figure grafted on to a different head with the hair and neck resculpted and the hat added. I want the Italian Stallion in all his underdog glory as he climbs his way up the steps to the top.:exactly:

10373745795_37dfa32387_z.jpg

Re: X's Customs & Original Sculpts: '78 Myers, '83 Bludd, '76 Balboa portrait

That rocky is nice.

Tried putting one together but the training outfit is hard to get looking right.
That head will be the cherry on top:)
Look forward to see yours done.

Looking forward to seeing Rocky finished. Training outfit is his most iconic look imo. The sculpt looks nice.

MANDO Mashup Rocky Balboa

[ame]https://youtu.be/632hVDL_N6w[/ame]

IMG_8101_zpsc466e562.jpg

IMG_8097_zpsc477739d.jpg

[ame]https://youtu.be/wE4gTF4kpRQ[/ame]​

Sent from my SkiPCS8100 using Skiatalk

Rock me, Skimadeus! :rock2

That rocky is nice.

Tried putting one together but the training outfit is hard to get looking right.
That head will be the cherry on top:)
Look forward to see yours done.

Thanks, Sparks. The sweat pants were probably tbe hardest piece to source. Luckily there's a Hurt Locker figure that came with a pretty solid pair. Just have to add the drawstring.

Looking forward to seeing Rocky finished. Training outfit is his most iconic look imo. The sculpt looks nice.

Agreed. I think it's the look most would associate with the original film.

God damn that looks good ski.
Just spent the last few hours resculpting a hat and hair on an old sculpt.
Inspiring stuff:)
Can’t wait for more.

God damn that looks good ski.
Just spent the last few hours resculpting a hat and hair on an old sculpt.
Inspiring stuff:)
Can’t wait for more.

Looking forward to seeing what you do, Sparks!:hi5:

Some WiP stuff on Balboa:

10372593406_bfd24daff4_n.jpg

10372785593_a5d1442a5a_n.jpg

that rocky is coming on so nice, u got great skills

Killer work on Rocky! That really is about as iconic of a look as you can get :rock

that rocky is coming on so nice, u got great skills

Killer work on Rocky! That really is about as iconic of a look as you can get :rock

Thanks, guys! :hi5:

A shot of the workbench because I always dig seeing people's setups. Its still under progress as this desk is only temporary. I like to think of this as my Bat-Bunker. Most of my heavier (read: commission) projects are spread across a fistful of cardboard crates for which I ultilize the dining room table.

10414619496_a82cb59ca3_z.jpg

See you got a legend head on the go with everything else:)

Had a disaster with mine gunna start over soon.

Thanks, guys! :hi5:

A shot of the workbench because I always dig seeing people's setups. Its still under progress as this desk is only temporary. I like to think of this as my Bat-Bunker. Most of my heavier (read: commission) projects are spread across a fistful of cardboard crates for which I ultilize the dining room table.

10414619496_a82cb59ca3_z.jpg

Cool man... looks like we have a similar table. Although mine's likely permanent as I don't have a large space for a table :lol

so how is Darkness coming along I think that was his name in Legend

Loving it , Ski! :clap :hi5: That figure is going be awesome! :yess:

See you got a legend head on the go with everything else:)

Had a disaster with mine gunna start over soon.

Glad to here you're getting back on the Darkness horse, Sparks! You'll definitely appreciate the effort you put in it at the end. :hi5:

Thanks, Sabot!

Cool man... looks like we have a similar table. Although mine's likely permanent as I don't have a large space for a table :lol

I thought your's looked similar to mine. :lol Its really just a cheap little thing I picked up at one of the dollar stores as I needed something quick. This one I use for headpaints, etc. and then the dining room table doubles for when I'm in the thick of it all.

so how is Darkness coming along I think that was his name in Legend

He's been pushed to the backburner while I clean out the last few items from my backlog. Thankfully the torso is nearly finised.

Re: X's Customs & Original Sculpts ⨷ Rocky Balboa portrait ⨷ Scarecrow (tease)

That Scarecrow turned out great man! Really excellent work :rock

Back